FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

On 2/18/2020 at 10:32 AM, Simsanityy179 said:

my point is drafting players due to durability is not so smart of a strategy in my opinion.

20 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

So if you don't base past durability to draft, what's your strategy is drafting a player who will try to last 82 games? 

Easy to criticize but hard to provide a solution isn't it? That's kind of how life is. 

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I swear this guys trolling us bro 

---- Sherlock mode on ----

I don't think this video was shot after the injury. I don't play 2K since 2017, but I think the rosters in the game should have been updated if it was after the injury. Also, the guy says he's in Chicago, so the video should either was shot in the ASB or when Minnesota played against Bulls in Chicago, back on 22/01/2020 (that's before the injury occured). I think it's the latter, unfortunately.

---- Sherlock mode off ----

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

If it is the under us owners are absolutely fcuked

10.5 games in weeks 22 23 and 24 please....

That rotoworld update didnt give us much.  we already knew he would miss games.  Just a matter of how many??

Any luck trading the KAT? 

at this point I’d take a serious discount on him, just give me a healthy body going forward. I can take care of the rest.

Man fcuk the wolves. No wonder they have no fans. How did this mofo play multiple games after injuring his wrist? Doesn’t seem to be an issue when it comes to video games and social media 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, svtballa said:

Well at least that video gives us hope he wont get shut down

how so? 

being able

to

shoot shots, does not mean he won’t get shut down. The team is horrible, nothing really to play for. The only saving grace is that KAT hasn’t played on court with his boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

how so? 

being able

to

shoot shots, does not mean he won’t get shut down. The team is horrible, nothing really to play for. The only saving grace is that KAT hasn’t played on court with his boyfriend.

I generally respect your opinion about fantasy. But calling a guy homosexual is not an insult. This post feels 20 years out of date. It has no place on this forum.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm really hoping this isn't a repeat of Dec-Jan.

I can't afford this with the playoffs coming so near.

The prognosis seems like it'll be relatively more short-term compared to his knee sprain earlier though.

• Like 1

Was just traded in my league for Enes Kanter and Reggie Jackson haha.. 

Neither team is making finals so won't be vetoing. 

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Was just traded in my league for Enes Kanter and Reggie Jackson haha.. 

Neither team is making finals so won't be vetoing. 

Time to find a new league 🤪

• Like 1

I gotta say whether these injuries have been legitimate or not, whether the extent of the injuries is a bad as they seem, and whether this has been more Towns or Twolves orchestrated, my opinion of Towns has definitely suffered from owning him this season. I had thought based on owning him last year that he kinda milked the car accident thing a little, but this just took it to another level. Makes me legitimately question his mental fortitude and passion for the game, especially constantly seeing him playing video games amidst multiple 11 game losing streaks and sitting out due to questionable injuries.

• Like 1

Multiple games is not multiple weeks so he should return soon

4 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Multiple games is not multiple weeks so he should return soon

I would generally agree with you if this wasnt the same team and player that was listed Questionable for months without playing a game. Add on the fact that they changed it to "out indefinitely" and it's starting to look bleak once again.

I'm sure KAT suffered a wrist injury, and this isn't a fake one, but the way TWolves handling the injuries definitely sucks. He had an MRI like 7-8 days ago, and there's still no diagnosis? "Left wrist injury". Oh, OK, it's crystal clear.

Why the hell would an organization like Timberwolves hide what's really going on with their star player's wrist? What's the effing point?

I'm going to think twice when selecting a Wolves player in the future after all of these. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fbbaddict said:

I'm sure KAT suffered a wrist injury, and this isn't a fake one, but the way TWolves handling the injuries definitely sucks. He had an MRI like 7-8 days ago, and there's still no diagnosis? "Left wrist injury". Oh, OK, it's crystal clear.

Why the hell would an organization like Timberwolves hide what's really going on with their star player's wrist? What's the effing point?

I'm going to think twice when selecting a Wolves player in the future after all of these. 

Karl-Anthony Towns (left wrist) is not practicing Wednesday, and coach Ryan Saunders said Towns will miss games.

Saunders did not give a timetable on when KAT could make it back. Reports from last week said KAT is expected to "miss multiple games" from his injury, and it's important to note that the MRI revealed an injury and didn't come back clean. With the Wolves eyeing the lottery, they could take their time on getting Towns back out there. Naz Reid figures to get more run as a 12-team add while James Johnson gets plenty of center minutes as a possible starter.

This is what rotoworld posted yesterday, so unless Wolves are lying about the MRI results (which seems like a stretch) the injury is not fake. The severity of the injury is unknown but even if the damage revealed on his left wrist is light, I do not think they would want to take any risks.
In addition, I prefer TWolves saying he is going to miss multiple games in advance than tag him questionable every game, what an abomination that was.

• Like 1