FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

How can it be only two weeks and Steph is missing four month with that?

2 minutes ago, AssyBounce said:

I LITERALLY PRAYED LAST NIGHT FOR THIS TYPE OF NEWS. THERE IS HOPE FELLAS!! 😇

Just now, DoubleMcChickenn said:

No there is not. Stop

optimist vs pessimist rap battle

Ahhahah f uck my life btw 😞😞😞😞🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘

• Like 1

He'll be back in 2-3 weeks. Y'all are tripping, he definitely was not playing with a big fracture. It was likely a small fracture which was causing him trouble every now and then (as he was playing through the pain), this is the best case scenario. 

• Haha 1

So best case really now is the fracture magically heals over next two weeks + probably 1 to start rehab/strengthen. Be lucky if he’s back in 3 weeks. Not good considering my playoffs start in 2. Love owning capela and KAT this time of year 

They're 16-37 and counting. He's not playing again this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

They're 16-37 and counting. He's not playing again this season.

Golden State is 12-44 and Curry is coming back after having a surgery on his fractured wrist.. 

i bet ya he gon ball out on PUBG tho

Edited by L3onD

3 minutes ago, taimur07 said:

Golden State is 12-44 and Curry is coming back after having a surgery on his fractured wrist.. 

He got hurt early in the season. Plus they wanna see how well he meshes with Wiggins.

Towns is hurt on the backend and you know he just wanna sit around all day playing Fortnite.

• Haha 1

First week of playoff comes week 21 - 3/9/20.

If he is playing, I proceed to second round. If not, bye. Period.

My concern is 2 weeks from now on or 2 weeks since he’s out? That’s a huge difference 

Edited by csklmf

My playoffs start on the 16th of March. So I got to hold him and hope he comes back. I think he will come back, as he’s already had 2 weeks off and another 2 weeks will make it 4 weeks, which is plenty of time. If they were going to shut him down they would’ve just said it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mas10 said:

My playoffs start on the 16th of March. So I got to hold him and hope he comes back. I think he will come back, as he’s already had 2 weeks off and another 2 weeks will make it 4 weeks, which is plenty of time. If they were going to shut him down they would’ve just said it.

4 weeks may be enough to treat a fracture, but only if he was in a cast this past two weeks. If not, then day 1 of fracture treatment starts now.

Watched most of the Wolves games this season (sadly) and Towns plays way too wild. Both his injuries could’ve been avoided if he played more controlled 

Why couldn't this diagnose been done 2 weeks ago before the All-Star game? Why wait til now to exam it? Taking their sweet time while getting paid millions. 

“Over the course of 20 seasons, I suffered my fair share of serious injuries. The first thing I always thought about in those situations was, “What do I need to do to get back to 100 percent?” That was my mindset. I never let fear or doubt seep into my psyche. I never whined and I never complained. I mean, for what?
On the fractures, small breaks, and sprains I asked myself a different question: “Will it get worse if I play through it?” If it was going to be painful but not get worse, I’d deal with it 100 percent of the time. That was the only thought process for me.”

Excerpt From: Kobe Bryant. “The Mamba Mentality.

#needmambamentality #fwolves #katplayscallofduty #knucklepushups

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Why couldn't this diagnose been done 2 weeks ago before the All-Star game? Why wait til now to exam it? Taking their sweet time while getting paid millions. 

“Over the course of 20 seasons, I suffered my fair share of serious injuries. The first thing I always thought about in those situations was, “What do I need to do to get back to 100 percent?” That was my mindset. I never let fear or doubt seep into my psyche. I never whined and I never complained. I mean, for what?
On the fractures, small breaks, and sprains I asked myself a different question: “Will it get worse if I play through it?” If it was going to be painful but not get worse, I’d deal with it 100 percent of the time. That was the only thought process for me.”

Don’t you dare comparing one of the crying babies of this generation to the legendary man. 

20 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

So why is this situation being compared to Kobe? Are the Wolves in position to win a championship this year or make the playoffs this year like Kobe was for pretty much his whole prime playing through stuff?

Up until this season Towns has been an ironman and only missed a few games last season. This is a legitimate injury. Why do we assume everything that has happened this year has been 100% KAT’s call? He tried to play through it and it didn’t improve. Should he make it worse while they play for ping pong balls?

The organization is not going to risk their franchise player in a lost season. This is not KAT being soft just like it is not Dray or Steph being soft in the Warriors lost season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

So why is this situation being compared to Kobe? Are the Wolves in position to win a championship this year or make the playoffs this year like Kobe was for pretty much his whole prime playing through stuff?

Up until this season Towns has been an ironman and only missed a few games last season. This is a legitimate injury. Why do we assume everything that has happened this year has been 100% KAT’s call? He tried to play through it and it didn’t improve. Should he make it worse while they play for ping pong balls?

The organization is not going to risk their franchise player in a lost season. This is not KAT being soft just like it is not Dray or Steph being soft in the Warriors lost season.

You're right, I think this has more to do with the organization than KAT himself. Kobe's mentality probably isn't the best comparison. Wolves just taking their sweet time, great for Wolves but bad for fans. With that said, Kobe hardly took time off even during the bad seasons until at the end of his career. 

And by your logic, every dinged-up star on the non-playoffs teams, 16 TEAMS, should be resting all of their stars if playoffs/championship isn't in the horizon? That's the mentality that is destroying the league nowadays.

Edited by NBA_OG

51 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

You're right, I think this has more to do with the organization than KAT himself. Kobe's mentality probably isn't the best comparison. Wolves just taking their sweet time, great for Wolves but bad for fans. With that said, Kobe hardly took time off even during the bad seasons until at the end of his career. 

And by your logic, every dinged-up star on the non-playoffs teams, 16 TEAMS, should be resting all of their stars if playoffs/championship isn't in the horizon? That's the mentality that is destroying the league nowadays.

LOAD MANAGEMENT 

It’s VITAL kiddos...

my playoff starts week 22, there is hope yet for me. 

I hope DLo, KAT and Minny wanna see what they got here and he comes back in 2-3 weeks. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Edited by Pumbaa
  • Like 1

My playoffs start week 20. Dont think I'll see him again before my season is over. RIP :(