FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

lmao fuk it, accepted it

Depends how much you believe in him coming back. I was told today by another manager in the league the best I would get was Oladipo from his team. I went on ahead and shopped him and Middleton was the best player I could land. 

Edited by Austin_Rivers

I think it depends how you shop him to. if its someone at the top of the standings they'll be more inclined to take a risk knowing they could get him for playoffs at a discount, but if someone is fighting for a playoff spot or eliminated they won't be keen

15 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Lol you think Kat's the 2nd worst first rounder this year?

There's a good chance Towns finished this season with less than 40 games played.  Other than Steph there is no first rounder in fantasy who will beat KAT in terms of a being a horrible return on investment.

With Irving it almost seemed too obvious he would get shutdown. Im actually more surprised he didn't have surgery sooner. With KAT, I'm not having good feelings about this situation. One thing that bothers me is that wrist injuries are tricky. They need time to heal. The 2nd opinion factor is another red flag that tells me he's trying to avoid surgery. Also being on one of the worst teams with a tricky injury, coming back just doesn't make a ton of sense with less than 2 months of the season left. I would trade him anywhere you can. Of course i would at least attempt to snag a top 50 player. Top 75 is as low as I'd go if I were desperate but any lower you might as well gamble and hope for the best. 

Edited by Austin_Rivers

To think i picked this dude first to avoid injuries after back to back years of injury ridden teams smfh

• Like 1

Based on the announcement, which the Wolves could've very easily announced a KAT shut down for the year, it sounds like they found the injury needing rest, but it's not so serious to the point of shutting down. The will to play from KAT, and the benefit of showcasing him next to Dlo and what is to come next season, are some good reasons why Wolves would still play him at the end of the season; assuming that he can. 

Like someone said, you're betting for a return in 3-4 weeks but if you're in a tight race or playoffs come earlier, then make your moves now. 

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Like 1

Towns is OUT and not getting back up. Trade his a** immediately. Glad to pick James Johnson from the waiver just before the news broke. For 1 dollar LOL!

Kat wants to desperately return let’s hope that’s actually true and he returns for fantasy playoffs to win it for his owners 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Note says he’s “desperate to return” how does this effect everything  ??

45 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Note says he’s “desperate to return” how does this effect everything  ??

The truth is Wolves have completely shattered any trust between them and the fans with how bad they have handled their injury related information. At this point any post that comes out could be true or just image protection. No trust whatsoever from now on to any news that comes out with reference to this organization. I advise you disregard the "desperate to return" post and any other posts about  motive, willingness, intentions etc. He is out at least 2 weeks and that's it for now.

Edited by Igno

According to Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic, Karl-Anthony Towns (wrist) "desperately" wants to play again this season.

Kinda good news, I guss. 🙏

We already knew he obviously doesn't want to get shutdown but that doesn't mean they'll let him play through an injury to further risk his long term out look. A fractured wrist is nothing to laugh about. These injuries legitimately take months to heal over or surgery. I think he's done regardless what he says. Cash in now. 

He will be back. They could’ve easily said that this is a 6-8 week injury which means season. The fact is they said 2 weeks means there’s a good chance he returns back. 

48 minutes ago, mas10 said:

He will be back. They could’ve easily said that this is a 6-8 week injury which means season. The fact is they said 2 weeks means there’s a good chance he returns back. 

Not necessarily especially with how bad the Wolves are with updating their players injuries. I believe the 2 week buffer is more of them attempting to find another solution that does not involve surgery. Also i didn't forget how Jerryd Bayless a few seasons ago had this same problem. He happened to be on the Wolves too. He ended up getting surgery after many vague updates on his wrist including re evaluations. 

Just posting to remind you he's still alive and keeping busy.

Traded cp for brogdon + kat, didn’t know owners were so gloomy about his possible return. 

Traded Drummond for KAT, rather have a dude that wants to come back than one who doesn’t give a **** anymore. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bangamary said:

Traded Drummond for KAT, rather have a dude that wants to come back than one who doesn’t give a **** anymore. 

I made this same trade right before the All-Star break. Going all in, if he returns I’m a contender, if he doesn’t I’m shot lol

• Haha 1