FantasyBallFan

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Cut if playoffs start next week? f--- me I cant believe I’m about to lose it. KAT, Aldridge, Fournier. f--- me.

i ******** traded Kawhi and Adams for him knowing I’ll get guaranteed production for playoffs. And now this happens.

Edited by Espoiral

52 minutes ago, MWon said:

Eh, I got can't cut lists too, in all leagues.   Hell, I've been playing for a decade in all sorts of leagues and I've always had it.

I do agree though, it's something I'd probably turn off if I cared - I just left it on because I'm used to it.

For me, it acts as a precaution instead against cheating.  Some guys get frustrated or bored and drop their entire teams. Or they try to cheat by dropping a valuable player to the wire if they know their buddy has the #1 waiver.  Obviously, I stop playing in those leagues or I (as commish) force the players back onto their teams (and then boot the owners after the season).

Just trying to say there's a few reasons for the can't cut list.  But yeah, I'm with you.  It SHOULDN'T be there if the owners aren't jerks or morons.

I hear you man .. 

I suppose I’ve been lucky. Basically the same group of dudes for the last 15+ years - so we don’t have to worry about owners “panic” dropping anyone.

all that said though, I’d be hella pissed if I was a good owner, and yahoo told me I couldn’t make a drop. 

58 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Wow, ESPN is such manure. Discovered that I cannot make any moves while KAT is in the IR, because some schmuck has somehow listed him DTD. That's an interesting way of understanding 'a minimum of two weeks'.

its cooked! in midst of playoffs trying to make adds for tomorrow and everyones become DTD on IR!

35 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

I hear you man .. 

I suppose I’ve been lucky. Basically the same group of dudes for the last 15+ years - so we don’t have to worry about owners “panic” dropping anyone.

all that said though, I’d be hella pissed if I was a good owner, and yahoo told me I couldn’t make a drop. 

I also had the "cant cut list" with KAT and asked my fellows to remove it so I could drop it and take someone from the wire, and they agreed with no problem. Ask the comissioner to do so, it takes 10 secs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Yahoo has made him droppable now. Anyone moved on yet? 

Yup 

As unfortunate as it is I feel like If you don’t have a first round bye or open IR slot he’s a drop. 

I’m holding only because I have the bye but I’m also holding on LA, hoping he comes back within a week so KAT doesn’t burn a roster spot

30 minutes ago, PlayoffP said:

As unfortunate as it is I feel like If you don’t have a first round bye or open IR slot he’s a drop. 

I’m holding only because I have the bye but I’m also holding on LA, hoping he comes back within a week so KAT doesn’t burn a roster spot

I have him and Simmons and I’m struggling to hit the drop. I’m convinced both are out but Kat has a chance 

5 hours ago, PlayoffP said:

Same here (also holding Lavine too).  I likely won't get a bye, but I've got a week to wait for LMA to return until I need to make a hard decision.

18 hours ago, PlayoffP said:

Man, the insane part is have a first round bye and 2 IR slots and I'm struggling not to cut him. There are guys like Jrich and Dedmon who might be impact players down the stretch. 

This is such a hard decision. I do think KAT comes back before Simmons.

Lucky someone outbid me when i try to drop him yesterday ;)

I'm sure his wrist would have been healed when they fix this CoronaVirus issue.

Ah, if he's not back by then, you know that something's wrong.  Glad I held anyway.

I'd actually laugh if his next reevaluation was "will be reevaluated in two more weeks".  T Wolves gotta have some garbage training staff if so, given they've been giving faux updates for over a month now.

• Like 1

Nba tentatively resume is in 30 days. That gives Kat another 4 weeks from now. What excuses are wolves going to say now?

Only thing now it just put him through surgery.

18 hours ago, mas10 said:

Nba tentatively resume is in 30 days. That gives Kat another 4 weeks from now. What excuses are wolves going to say now?

Only thing now it just put him through surgery.

Lack of cardio.

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2020 at 4:10 AM, Illuminati said:

Lack of cardio.

It’s his wrist not his knee. Everyone would have lack of cardio without playing for 30days

Edited by mas10

4 hours ago, mas10 said:

It’s his wrist not his knee. Everyone would have lack of cardio without playing for 30days

lol he was joking. He's playing on how the T'Wolves would resort to any excuse, even something as silly as cardio, to keep him out. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, mas10 said:

woosh

Posted (edited)

This is heartbreaking. Hope she gets well soon. 

Edited by fbbaddict

Hope KAT's mom recovers. Just goes to show even if you have hundreds of millions of dollars and get the best hospital and doctors we still dont know how to deal with this virus. 

Best wishes to him and his mom. That's awful. Just goes to show how seriously we need to take covid. 

When I heard that KAT's mom had COVID-19 through a friend, I went on a rant about how it's unfair that all these NBA people are getting tested even though all the players testing positive are asymptomatic, yet regular people are dying from the virus bc they aren't getting tested or treated bc they're symptoms are too "mild" or they don't have all of the symptoms (e.g. they can't breathe but they don't have a fever so they're denied a test).

However, I just saw his mom is in a coma (induced?) and it was reported yesterday that his dad tested positive also. That's a really tough situation for anybody to be in no matter how much money you have.