Sign in to follow this  
dsrich

What are people doing with Jax D/ST today?

Probably one of the first defenses picked but sadly....they play KC today. Hate carrying two defenses and don’t have a droppable player (yet) so if I make a move, it would be dropping them. I could try to grab them back eventually. Would target the Ravens D/ST.

Not starting Jax should be obvious, yes?

If the Ravens D is available, bite the bullet. Jacksonville has a good defense but it’s not their elite year they had. Not to mention next week’s matchups are ARZ at Baltimore and Jacksonville at HOU. Unfortunately it’s tough to trade a defense so I’d make the switch now. 

• Like 1

In a deep dynasty so options were limited but I’m going with KC against Jax.  Jax offensive line is week and Foles is battling through an injury. 

Also fantasy football is a weekly game, and the Ravens performance against the tanking Dolphins today may separate you from being a winner or loser. 

PS. How is Baltimore’s defense vs Miami this week unowned in your league? And can I have an invite next year? Jk good luck

• Like 1

To me, if you truly don't have a player you can drop, and you aren't first in waiver order, then I would keep JAX. Yes you'll have to bite the bullet this week but it's week 1 and they will be the #1 or #2 defense all year. I actually like the Ravens (their my D) but not sure it's worth losing JAX for the entire year.

I'm in the same boat and am considering dropping a backup for either Browns vs. Titans, or, Seattle vs. Cincy.  I do see some "experts" putting a damper on Mahomes and his weapons though, so, might bite the bullet and hang with Jax.

But if the Ravens vs. Miami was there...would probably grab them.

MIne"

3 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

To me, if you truly don't have a player you can drop, and you aren't first in waiver order, then I would keep JAX. Yes you'll have to bite the bullet this week but it's week 1 and they will be the #1 or #2 defense all year. I actually like the Ravens (their my D) but not sure it's worth losing JAX for the entire year.

My thought exactly as I also have the Ravens D.

4 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

We do auction waiver so I could always get them again ($300 for the year)

6 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

Bench is Ridley, LMurray, MJones, crowder, Allison and samuels (have Conner). Allison played so cannot drop. I wouldn’t feel comfortable dropping any of them just to take another defense.

I think Jax defense might be overrated a bit because of two years ago. Ravens are probably the only d that is consistently top 5 year in and year out and they will feast on the phins. Don’t risk taking a L to hold Jacksonville against the best offense in the game 

Jax DST got dropped recently and is available in both of my leagues still 

I'm benching the JAX D and rolling with the Jets D vs. Buffalo.