Sign in to follow this  
CORTEz

Chris Thompson 2019 Outlook

I like him in half PPR or full PPR leagues. Gives you an emergency option if one of your RBs get hurt. 

Obviously very game flow dependent, but feel like skins will be trailing most of the time 

Edited by bigblue592

Today’s news about Guice makes Thompson an even more valuable asset. AP will get early down work, but will get significantly less work than Guice would’ve gotten, had he stayed healthy. He’s past it at this point. Thompson was an RB2 in PPR two seasons ago, the last time he was fully healthy. He’s fit now with a QB who will dump it off often and on an offense that will be trailing more times than not. AP will not be on the field when they’re trailing. He’s made of glass, but if you’ve got this guy right now I’d feel good about rolling him out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, mattman444 said:

Today’s news about Guice makes Thompson an even more valuable asset. AP will get early down work, but will get significantly less work than Guice would’ve gotten, had he stayed healthy. He’s past it at this point. Thompson was an RB2 in PPR two seasons ago, the last time he was fully healthy. He’s fit now with a QB who will dump it off often and on an offense that will be trailing more times than not. AP will not be on the field when they’re trailing. He’s made of glass, but if you’ve got this guy right now I’d feel good about rolling him out there.

I agree with this post.  I'm a Tevin Coleman owner and he was my rb2 and I also had Guice as my rb3 and both got hurt but luckily I was able to snag Thompson off waivers in my PPR league.  Hopefully he gives me decent rb2 production until/if I can find a better option.

Must own in PPR, although he was pretty close to that before except in extremely shallow leagues. 

58 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I agree with this post.  I'm a Tevin Coleman owner and he was my rb2 and I also had Guice as my rb3 and both got hurt but luckily I was able to snag Thompson off waivers in my PPR league.  Hopefully he gives me decent rb2 production until/if I can find a better option.

That's funny I also have Tevin Coleman and Guice (just dropped Guice and put Coleman on IR) - - -and scooped Thompson as well. 

Thompson has big game potential. Meaning he could give you 25 pts. But he can also give you 4 pts. 

So we have to keep an eye on the matchups and i wouldn't Flex him if you have a more stable option. 

6 hours ago, bigblue592 said:

I like him in half PPR or full PPR leagues. Gives you an emergency option if one of your RBs get hurt. 

Obviously very game flow dependent, but feel like skins will be trailing most of the time 

Well would you look at that. Bell is hurt FML.

I have to pick 2 between Ross, CT, and Fuller now...

This week has a pretty good feel to it. A couple more weeks like last one and I might have to roll out a stack of Case Keenum and Chris Thompson. Doesn't exactly make me feel amazing tbh.

Would I be crazy to start Thompson over Sony Michel this week in full PPR?

Redskins facing a high-powered offense.. this has the feel of a game script that will have Washington down early and throwing all day long.

7 hours ago, Wize1 said:
7 hours ago, Wize1 said:

Would I be crazy to start Thompson over Sony Michel this week in full PPR?

Redskins facing a high-powered offense.. this has the feel of a game script that will have Washington down early and throwing all day long.

You should start Sony. If there was a game Sony would go bonkers its this game against the Dolphins!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

You should start Sony. If there was a game Sony would go bonkers its this game against the Dolphins!

See I disagree. I’m starting Thompson over James White this week because I see exactly happening this week as last. Pats get up early and could be the Burkhead show again to keep Michel and White fresh. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JBord25 said:

See I disagree. I’m starting Thompson over James White this week because I see exactly happening this week as last. Pats get up early and could be the Burkhead show again to keep Michel and White fresh. 

haha true. Go with your gut. 

"Mr. Reliable" in PPR.  He may never see a start on your team, but he gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling of comfort.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

"Mr. Reliable" in PPR.  He may never see a start on your team, but he gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling of comfort.  

He’s starting for me 

4 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

Ha, true. Id probably start him over McCoy though, depends on the matchup. He might see my lineup in a bye week for one of my other backs or any injuries. I like Thompson with Guice out for 2 months, 

Edited by KilloWertz
Removed CSB portion

On 9/13/2019 at 2:00 AM, SyNdicateZ said:

Which means Damien Harris will go 200 yards 4 TDs and then be cut by week 9. Because BB.

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Anybody holding?  Feels a bit like a low ceiling guy right now.

Definitely holding in PPR. I wouldn’t start him this week but should be plenty valuable most weeks. 

Just now, KennyWoo said:

He got 8 targets.  10 the previous week.  You're dropping?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

He leads all rbs in targets, in full ppr YEAH I'm holding and starting. You think the redskins are gonna be able to run on the bears Sunday, NAH. 

5 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

He leads all rbs in targets, in full ppr YEAH I'm holding and starting. You think the redskins are gonna be able to run on the bears Sunday, NAH. 

He's what everyone wants Tarik Cohen to be, so agreed. Not only a hold, but also a guy everyone should be buying now.

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

I don't think he's worth holding unless you play full PPR. He only gets a few carries a game, so you have to think of him as a WR you can start at RB. But while Thompson may catch a lot of balls, but he doesn't really do a whole lot with them. In his entire career he only has 2 games with over 100 yards receiving. That's despite being one of the most heavily targeted running backs ever year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

You think the bears are not going to light him up in the flat when they throw to him? Every bears linebacker is faster than thompsonThompson