Idoolittle

Gardner Minshew II 2019 Outlook

On 10/8/2019 at 2:45 PM, miasma16 said:

I've already got the claim in. Matchups are very important for QBs (and TEs), the breakdown for impact between the player themselves and the matchup overall on the season is about 50:50. Jameis has a terrible matchup, Minshew has a great one. If Minshew is outscored, at least the process was sound.

I like that train of thought since I really want to put Minshew in over Wentz but sometimes you have to start the guy with more talent. I’m torn. Minshew looks good besides fumbles

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I like that train of thought since I really want to put Minshew in over Wentz but sometimes you have to start the guy with more talent. I’m torn. Minshew looks good besides fumbles

Agree. Looking at picking him up at least for a stash & maybe even start over Winston, with a banged up o-line. 

I just dropped Rivers and picked up Minshew for my QB going forward. Am I stupid and biased as a Jaguars fan? Perhaps. But I'm going with my heart on this one and Minshew's next 3 opponents are 9th easiest opponents. Rest of season is 1st easiest opponents. Fantasy playoffs are 8th easiest.

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I just dropped Rivers and picked up Minshew for my QB going forward. Am I stupid and biased as a Jaguars fan? Perhaps. But I'm going with my heart on this one and Minshew's next 3 opponents are 9th easiest opponents. Rest of season is 1st easiest opponents. Fantasy playoffs are 8th easiest.

Not stupid at all. Welcome aboard the Minshew Mania train. Rivers was going no where fast.

• Like 1

Snagged him up off the waivers. Good looking schedule. Here’s some rare footage of him getting ready for game day.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

Snagged him up off the waivers. Good looking schedule.

a string of Cincy/Jets/Howstin after this week - WOW, indeed 🎯

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, rag9876 said:

What do we think about QB Ron Burgundy this week? A solid 250+ and 2+? 

I would gladly take that. Starting him right now over gimpy Matt Ryan.

• Like 1

This dude still getting no respect (Rotoworld still calling for Foles-no way in hell). He burned Jamal Adams twice today and now has played every game and only has 2 interceptions. What’s a mustache guy gotta do?

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, TennisDude said:

This dude still getting no respect (Rotoworld still calling for Foles-no way in hell). He burned Jamal Adams twice today and now has played every game and only has 2 interceptions. What’s a mustache guy gotta do?

Yeah it's so odd how hard RW is pushing the idea that Foles automatically gets his job back? The jags just hit the damn lotto with Minshew, they can build around a cheap QB contract with all the draft assets they have accumulated. Move on from LF without paying him too if they choose.

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah it's so odd how hard RW is pushing the idea that Foles automatically gets his job back? The jags just hit the damn lotto with Minshew, they can build around a cheap QB contract with all the draft assets they have accumulated. Move on from LF without paying him too if they choose.

Foles to the Bears ?

On 10/10/2019 at 1:33 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

gotta love Uncle Rico slaying it in magick foosball ... the legend grows even moar -

That’s one of the best things I’ve ever read. Minshew is available in his own fantasy league. 😂

In his first year, he is what Mayfield was meant to be. He went underdrafted in my dynasty league, I picked him up and then dropped him for KeSean Johnson. I ve been on mental care program since Week 1.

Great leader, great guy to have on field and in locker room; great from marketing standpoint; he made Jaguars Electric on offense.

47 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

In his first year, he is what Mayfield was meant to be. He went underdrafted in my dynasty league, I picked him up and then dropped him for KeSean Johnson. I ve been on mental care program since Week 1.

Great leader, great guy to have on field and in locker room; great from marketing standpoint; he made Jaguars Electric on offense.

Foles led 2 TD drives on his first 2 tries and looked amazing.

Minshew has been great but he is no super bowl MVP, not yet.