mjb03003

A.J. Brown 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I'm also weary of this match up. I feel like Saints do there best to game plan Brown out of this game after his recent run of success. Lattimore will be on him and it's also possible they have a deep safety to take away that long ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I'm also weary of this match up. I feel like Saints do there best to game plan Brown out of this game after his recent run of success. Lattimore will be on him and it's also possible they have a deep safety to take away that long ball. 

 

I just think the Saints are going to blow these guys out and cause Tannehill to really struggle. I'd stay away from all Titans players, but that's just my gut. Hard to bench the guy unless you had stellar options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK man - this game is essentially a pick em in Vegas right now which is so weird.  I think it'll be a lot closer than people think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking of starting McLaurin vs Giants and Gallop vs Philly over him. He got me to the championship and he's a beast but Lattimore and that NOLa defense make me very weary. I'm surprised it's a pick-em right now given how the Saints looked last night. Do the Saints focus on stopping the passing game here or taking Henry out of the game? Houston seemed to focus on taking Henry out of the game and came away with the win. 

I'm not sure Brown's quite at the point where he's matchup proof quite yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m starting but also don’t have a choice. Played slayton over him last week and was lucky enough to win despite my stupid move. Won’t happen again. Let’s go AJ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys talked me off the ledge, thank you! I was really considering going Brown over Chubb. I just don't like the Chubb matchup despite him going off on the Ravens the first time around. I'm thinking they'll want some payback, and Cleveland has been struggling while Baltimore has been killing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I'm thinking of starting McLaurin vs Giants and Gallop vs Philly over him. He got me to the championship and he's a beast but Lattimore and that NOLa defense make me very weary. I'm surprised it's a pick-em right now given how the Saints looked last night. Do the Saints focus on stopping the passing game here or taking Henry out of the game? Houston seemed to focus on taking Henry out of the game and came away with the win. 

I'm not sure Brown's quite at the point where he's matchup proof quite yet. 

I mentioned before and they stated it last night, saints like to match up 1v1 on outside since they like to stop the run, can AJ brown beat lattimore? Probably, he has the size, speed and route running ability and hands. It shall be a script where tanny is forced to throw also. Right now after Gallups week 15, id lean AJ brown, he may not get that 60 yard catch to put him over 100 again but i can see 6/70/.4% score. I dont believe he is match up proof either. He is on outside looking in right now to sanders and parker. If tenn can stop brees at all and limit TOP and offensive snaps by running and getting firsts with henry, i can see 6 targets for 4/40/0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I'm thinking of starting McLaurin vs Giants and Gallop vs Philly over him. He got me to the championship and he's a beast but Lattimore and that NOLa defense make me very weary. I'm surprised it's a pick-em right now given how the Saints looked last night. Do the Saints focus on stopping the passing game here or taking Henry out of the game? Houston seemed to focus on taking Henry out of the game and came away with the win. 

I'm not sure Brown's quite at the point where he's matchup proof quite yet. 

The saints are a hurting defense unit (after niners game) they are down a stud DT in Rankins, a great DE in Davenport, two starting LBs in Kiko and Anzalone--all on IR...also excellent SS Vonn Bell was out last night. Still they have killer depth along the d-line and solid backup LBs, plus plenty of secondary depth--and now add Janoris Jenkins too. It has been about 2 years since they last let up over 80 yards rushing to a running back. That is basically amazing (given they face C McCaffrey 2x/season)...they will be put to the test against DHen for sure, but they can man up Brown with Lattimore and he really can erase top WRs--and big bodied ones simply do not find much success when he is rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benching AJ Brown?  After how hot he has been?  For Gallup?  Or McLaurin?  You guys are nuts.  Don't overthink this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one know who Lattimore was on last week against San Fran? Cause Samuel and Sanders both had good days.

 

I think I am rolling him out cause I don't have better options. ESPN says the Saints are 26th vs the pass/WR's.

 

Tanny has been playing good and who else is going to throw to? Corey Davis? Please! And they will be throwing to try and keep up. He is kind of like Treek, in that all it takes is one long bomb to pay off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the saints would prioritize trying to bottle of Henry as a number 1 priority... stacking people in the box would have to give Brown some opportunities. The titans are a balanced team and Henry demands attention, I’m contemplating starting him over Kupp and Golladay because even if Brown is being shadowed by Lattimore, I have a hard time seeing them stack a safety over him as well

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[...] I think itll be a shootout so Tannehill forced to throw. But saints got lattimore and jenkins. his floor with tannehill isn't too bad compared to with mariota lol. his ceiling is very nice. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Fun's about to stop with Lattimore. He's locked down almost everyone and Brown is a rookie (albeit electric rookie). Just see him struggling to a 4-32 type of game. Personally I just see the Titans struggling big time against the Saints D. 

 

yeah, kind of a bummer for this to be the championship week. none of my other WRs are guaranteed world beaters either. might have to do some serious coin flipping on sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd watch the practice report closely on Humphries and Davis... If those two are banged up, besides Jonnu, if the Saints got up on the Titans... They dont have anyone else to pass on...

If the belief is that AJ Brown is breaking out/elite...how can one not play him here with targets bound to grow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the Saints D is good, they’re being way overrated by some in this thread. They’ve given up the 5th most fantasy points to WR this year. 4th most in the last 5 weeks, 6th most in the last 3 weeks. They gave up 500+ yards and 48 points to the 49’ers a few weeks ago. If you look at their schedule, every team with a somewhat competent offense has put up yards and points against them (with the exception of the Cowboys early on in week 4). Game is on the road in Tenn and a must win for them. I expect them to come out humming with the pedal to metal all game long. 

 

I realize the concern here is Lattimore shadowing Brown, but he has gotten beat this year. He had mixed results early on and most recently, gave up 157 and a TD to Sanders. Plus, AJ lines up everywhere, outside and in the slot. Tenn moves him around and I expect them to continue to find ways to get him the ball with success. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

While the Saints D is good, they’re being way overrated by some in this thread. They’ve given up the 5th most fantasy points to WR this year. 4th most in the last 5 weeks, 6th most in the last 3 weeks. They gave up 500+ yards and 48 points to the 49’ers a few weeks ago. If you look at their schedule, every team with a somewhat competent offense has put up yards and points against them (with the exception of the Cowboys early on in week 4). Game is on the road in Tenn and a must win for them. I expect them to come out humming with the pedal to metal all game long. 

 

I realize the concern here is Lattimore shadowing Brown, but he has gotten beat this year. He had mixed results early on and most recently, gave up 157 and a TD to Sanders. Plus, AJ lines up everywhere, outside and in the slot. Tenn moves him around and I expect them to continue to find ways to get him the ball with success. 


And the mic just got dropped. This exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

While the Saints D is good, they’re being way overrated by some in this thread. They’ve given up the 5th most fantasy points to WR this year. 4th most in the last 5 weeks, 6th most in the last 3 weeks. They gave up 500+ yards and 48 points to the 49’ers a few weeks ago. If you look at their schedule, every team with a somewhat competent offense has put up yards and points against them (with the exception of the Cowboys early on in week 4). Game is on the road in Tenn and a must win for them. I expect them to come out humming with the pedal to metal all game long. 

 

I realize the concern here is Lattimore shadowing Brown, but he has gotten beat this year. He had mixed results early on and most recently, gave up 157 and a TD to Sanders. Plus, AJ lines up everywhere, outside and in the slot. Tenn moves him around and I expect them to continue to find ways to get him the ball with success. 

Lots of good and valid points here, but AJ does not actually 'line up everywhere' he spends 89% of his time on the perimeter...52% of that to the left side of the formation--which is where Lattimore has stationed himself after coming back from his injury. Which really is the key here imo, the Saints have not used Lattimore to shadow since he came back. We have to assume that will be the case here again, but don't truly know. We also don't know if new acquisition Janoris Jenkins will be replacing the very mediocre Eli Apple as the other perimeter CB...Jenkins can def still play and may be reinvigorated on an actual defense now. I think you follow the recent performance and expected volume and Brown is a pretty rock solid WR2 this week--with upside too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E Sanders 75 yard touchdown vs Saints was on Marcus Williams, not Lattimore. If Lattimore shadows Brown, it’s a wrap.  However, there is hope if he stays on the outside.  Furthermore, rotoworld just noted that Lattimore will probably shadow Brown. NOT GOOD!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Strike Three said:

E Sanders 75 yard touchdown vs Saints was on Marcus Williams, not Lattimore. If Lattimore shadows Brown, it’s a wrap.  However, there is hope if he stays on the outside.  Furthermore, rotoworld just noted that Lattimore will probably shadow Brown. NOT GOOD!!!

 

Ok. But you’re not suggesting Lattimore will be locked on AJ for 100% of the snaps are you? We’ll see how things play out. Fact of the matter is AJ is a beast, a physical specimen we haven’t seen in a while. Again, we shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Lots of good and valid points here, but AJ does not actually 'line up everywhere' he spends 89% of his time on the perimeter...52% of that to the left side of the formation--which is where Lattimore has stationed himself after coming back from his injury. Which really is the key here imo, the Saints have not used Lattimore to shadow since he came back. We have to assume that will be the case here again, but don't truly know. We also don't know if new acquisition Janoris Jenkins will be replacing the very mediocre Eli Apple as the other perimeter CB...Jenkins can def still play and may be reinvigorated on an actual defense now. I think you follow the recent performance and expected volume and Brown is a pretty rock solid WR2 this week--with upside too.

 

I know where he spends the majority of his time, I’m just pointing out he’ll line up in the slot too. His 2nd TD against Oak came from the slot. This is a must win game for Tenn. I’m confident they’ll find ways to get their top playmaker the ball. Another factor is Tannehill. He’s always had a history of feeding the guy he’s comfortable with. AJ has become that guy. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
C'mon, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good info throughout.  Thx.

With Godwin out, plugging AJ in as WR2 over Theilin (Julio WR1)

Let's roll!

Edited by Cleanface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may not be readily accepted yet, but AJ Brown is as matchup proof as a WR can be. He is massive and extremely physical, but also very fast. You almost want him to go against a great corner so teams will feel comfortable leaving him in 1 on 1 coverage. Lock him in and enjoy the fireworks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Lots of good and valid points here, but AJ does not actually 'line up everywhere' he spends 89% of his time on the perimeter...52% of that to the left side of the formation--which is where Lattimore has stationed himself after coming back from his injury. Which really is the key here imo, the Saints have not used Lattimore to shadow since he came back. We have to assume that will be the case here again, but don't truly know. We also don't know if new acquisition Janoris Jenkins will be replacing the very mediocre Eli Apple as the other perimeter CB...Jenkins can def still play and may be reinvigorated on an actual defense now. I think you follow the recent performance and expected volume and Brown is a pretty rock solid WR2 this week--with upside too.

Janoris Jenkins was the # 3 CB by Pro football focus when he got waived by the Giants.  He wasn't waived due to performance so he's got the ability - but how well will he know the defense?  I watched the Ram's first game after the Jalen Ramsey trade, he made a lot of mistakes, but the emotional boost he gave that defense was pretty impactful I got to say.  It's a lot easier for guys to get open in the slot, so I have good confidence in AJ this week, since he's had heavy slot usage even in college.  Corey Davis has an ankle injury, the other slot WR Adam Humphries is injured, that should keep the the passing load tilted toward AJ.  Plus the Saints offense been scoring a lot of points, the Titans are likely to be throwing more than usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...