mjb03003

A.J. Brown 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, brosephd said:

lmao lattimore threat was real. without that TD woulda been yikes

seriously. that TD was the point gap between the final score for me and my opponent. Lattimore's impact noted for future seasons. Won't mind drafting Brown again though, but we'll see what the ADP is.

Edited by altmin

16 minutes ago, altmin said:

seriously. that TD was the point gap between the final score for me and my opponent. Lattimore's impact noted for future seasons. Won't mind drafting Brown again though, but we'll see what the ADP is.

He’ll probably be a 4th rounder when all is said and done.

Every fantasy analyst will hype him up as a popular breakout candidate, like they did with Godwin this year.

1 hour ago, altmin said:

How could you not draft him? Still not buying the tannehill Renaissance as he's the opposite of a gun slinger- didn't give Aj a chance because lattimore was draped on him. Gotta get your guys involved even on designed screens which they didn't do.

Aj brown gonna be like wr19 by adp. Nice price 

2 targets and not until the 4th lol. Lattimore is a baller, tanny was that petrified. Good thing for that rushing score. Ugly game, nice line. Hope that helped some of you win your ship.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm encouraged that even when he was a virtual non-factor he managed to put up 80+ total yards and a score. He's a big play machine who doesn't need huge volume to produce...but when the volume is there he can completely take over a game!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Every fantasy analyst will hype him up as a popular breakout candidate, like they did with Godwin this year.

Exactly. Fantasy community wasn’t wrong about Godwin, could very well be right about AJ. Especially if he gets the targets he started seeing the two games before Lattimore 

The vision he showed on that TD run is better than most NFL RBs. Most guys take that toss and turn the corner for a 10 yard gain. The way he cut it back and turned upfield was truly elite (not to mention his speed and elusiveness). This dude is going to be a YAC machine for years. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

And nothing wrong with that.  I think he might go a little higher, but we'll see.  Godwin was going in the second in some expert leagues, and he certainly returned on that investment, notwithstanding the unpredictable injury and void left for the ship.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

Two different offenses though. Aj needs more receptions for me to comfortably draft him in ppr. 

Not bad for a 15th round pick in a 14 team league. This kid has the juice.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:57 PM, affliction said:

Two different offenses though. Aj needs more receptions for me to comfortably draft him in ppr. 

I agree. Comparing him to Godwins offseason hype in a Bruce Arians pass heavy system vs ten run heavy system is a bit of a reach by some. 

Show me where Ryan tannenhill is valued and I will figure out AJ values. IF people think tannehill will regress then by default his pass catchers collectively will regress.  I dont think the Titans intended to average almost 30 attempts  a game given their run first philosophy. I also think Humphries and corey davis who were both banged up all season will build in the offseason with Tannenhill. Delanie walker was a key injury that oepened up opportunity for others and I suspect he does not return

AJ has big play potential but currently I have him as a boom/bust flex and a wr3 season finish next draft. I'm not buying into the new look Titans for next season, I think they will return to the same run first, clock killing team they have always been and that will limit target opportunities for the pass catchers. Which means it will be frustrating to own one of them because you have to depend on high production and efficiency with each target.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Actually, I think AJ already has more TDs than Julio.

Funny, I was  just offered Julio straight up for AJ in dynasty and turned it down. 

It's a decent comp, though Julio is more finesse, while AJ has more physical beast to his game. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

you should click through those profile comps 

AJ-Dwayne Bowe-Dez bryant-allen robinson

Boldin-Crabtree-Keenan Allen

The comparisons also include college production which I think is a terrible process because collegiate athletics are not even close to a level playing field as the NFL and the talent and competition is too widely diffused

Edited by dashoe

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

you should click through those profile comps 

AJ-Dwayne Bowe-Dez bryant-allen robinson

Boldin-Crabtree-Keenan Allen

The comparisons also include college production which I think is a terrible process because collegiate athletics are not even close to a level playing field as the NFL and the talent and competition is too widely diffused

Not saying the comps are perfect, by any means. But AJ and Boldin are fundamentally different players. Boldin was always more of a technically precise possession receiver, who won despite his athletic limitations. AJ can win with speed and athleticism before and after the catch. Both are great players, but also very different types of receivers. 

Are we overrating AJ Brown a bit? I feel like he might be a slightly faster version of Anquan Boldin. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but optimistically what #s are you expecting? I am also admittedly a huge fan of Corey Davis. I still own stock on his island and expect a Devante Parker like realization of his talent. He's shown flashes unlike Laquon Treadwell. 

26 minutes ago, ravensfanatic0 said:

Are we overrating AJ Brown a bit? I feel like he might be a slightly faster version of Anquan Boldin. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but optimistically what #s are you expecting? I am also admittedly a huge fan of Corey Davis. I still own stock on his island and expect a Devante Parker like realization of his talent. He's shown flashes unlike Laquon Treadwell. 

When is Corey Davis ever going to put any mediocre numbers? The guy has been in the league for 3 years now. He sucks

9 hours ago, ravensfanatic0 said:

I like him but I feel he will be over drafted next year especially in ppr. I'm not picking him before round 5

1 hour ago, affliction said:

I like him but I feel he will be over drafted next year especially in ppr. I'm not picking him before round 5

He finished as PPR WR#21 despite the perceived notion that he’s not an asset in PPR because the volume isn’t there. #21 despite playing a third of the season with Mariota. I’m high on him. Looking at who finished ahead of him, I’d easily draft him over Lockett, D.J. Moore, Tyler Boyd, and John Brown. I’d consider drafting him also over Robert Woods, D.J. Chark, and Courtland Sutton because I feel the quarterback play with Tannehill is better. So to me, he’s going to settle in at WR #14-17.