Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

Mostert had a nice day week one after Coleman went down scoring 5 points in my PPR league. Is he worth a pick up?

My hesitation is that Coleman may be back by week three (a presumption since it's merely an ankle), which in turn has me thinking Coleman goes back to the bench just as soon. Also, 5 points doesn't quite do it for me as a potential flex player. However, he is trending upward quickly.

• Like 1

With Coleman's injury history and not really running away with the job, and will Breida's injury history (and coming in and out of games a lot) and of course McKinnon being IR'd....... I think he's a sneaky good add. Other than a scenario where SF adds another RB, I think Mostert will get consistent work.

• Like 1

He has a great name. Also, he looked good in limited work last season. Could be a very good fantasy player if Breida goes down, which he's apt to do.

I actually liked this guy the best out of the SF backs last yr before he broke his arm. He looked amazing. Definitely worth an add to me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ this

In what little we saw last season, agreed. *the offensive scheme may have a lot to do with making all the backs look good but...

Edited by FollowTheLeader

looks like he's approaching "Must-Stert" status, eh?

put a lil' "Mostard" on yer magick foosball squad 🌭

amirite?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He actually looked good last season before he broke his arm. Was the best of the 3 RBs on this past Sunday. Even though he apparently signed a contract with the 49ers this offseason because of his special teams skills there is a reason they wanted him. From what I have watched of him he is really fast.

Edited by metalmat
  • Thanks 1

Raheem Mostert has a higher career YPC than Jamaal Charles and it's not close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, scheibler said:

I actually liked this guy the best out of the SF backs last yr before he broke his arm. He looked amazing. Definitely worth an add to me

Dude looks big and fast every time he touches the ball. Multiple times I've done the "Who is that?! that guy looks great!" without knowing it was him. 

4 hours ago, metalmat said:

He actually looked good last season before he broke his arm. Was the best of the 3 RBs on this past Sunday. Even though he apparently signed a contract with the 49ers this offseason because of his special teams skills there is a reason they wanted him. From what I have watched of him he is really fast.

recall that Raiders game last year ... it was Must-Stert ripping the huge gains and the long TD run - not Breida.

matter of fact, if you didn't start Breida in the Lions game last year, you missed out on about 25% of his season's production - and i highly doubt more than 5% had him in the lineup for the Detroit tilt ... he was servicable enuff afterwards, sure - but Mosterdo looked to have much more POP and burst. 

He was getting up there as the lead of the pack (Breida nagging injuries in 2018)... Then he broke his legs...

Then Jeff Wilson broke out...

SPARQ Freak...

RBBC that's close to 50:50 cometh up...

Worth an own due to Breida's frailty and Colemans injury.   I don't think he's usable unless something happens to Breida.  They also have Jeff Wilson which muddies the touch share for Mostert a bit.  He's big on ST for them so they may want to limit his exposure a bit unless he's needed to play more from scrimmage.

4 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Worth an own due to Breida's frailty and Colemans injury.   I don't think he's usable unless something happens to Breida.  They also have Jeff Wilson which muddies the touch share for Mostert a bit.  He's big on ST for them so they may want to limit his exposure a bit unless he's needed to play more from scrimmage.

Everything I read is he was active last week over Wilson for this reason.  So no way to know if it Wilson or him that will get the RB2 work.

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Everything I read is he was active last week over Wilson for this reason.  So no way to know if it Wilson or him that will get the RB2 work.

I heard Mike Clay (ESPN guy) on XM radio talk about this and he felt that Wilson and Mosert might split the touches Breida doesn't get.  I'm wondering if it might go 60/20/20, or 50/30/20.  Whatever it is I'd be surprised if Mostert got 50% share if Breida stays upright.  That latter point is key tho.  As a Breida owner last year it felt like he was carted off twice a game.  Super skilled RB, but man he was a frustrating play with all the dings.  He played thru most tho. 

7 hours ago, Szer0 said:

He was getting up there as the lead of the pack (Breida nagging injuries in 2018)... Then he broke his legs...

Then Jeff Wilson broke out...

SPARQ Freak...

RBBC that's close to 50:50 cometh up...

Just for clarity purposes, he didn't suffer a broken leg, it was a broken arm.  And an ugly one at that.

9 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I heard Mike Clay (ESPN guy) on XM radio talk about this and he felt that Wilson and Mosert might split the touches Breida doesn't get.  I'm wondering if it might go 60/20/20, or 50/30/20.  Whatever it is I'd be surprised if Mostert got 50% share if Breida stays upright.  That latter point is key tho.  As a Breida owner last year it felt like he was carted off twice a game.  Super skilled RB, but man he was a frustrating play with all the dings.  He played thru most tho. 

That would be my guess.  With Wilson getting the 30.  After last year I don't think the Niners want to give Breida more than 50 percent of the work.  Mostert and Wilson both make plays when they get a chance.  So no reason to over work the important special teams guy in Mostert over Wilson.  All speculation of course.  But if week 1 was a precursor for the season.  The Niners need to be as good as possible on special teams and defense to cover up for a sub par offense.

4 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

So what is the play with Mostert...add but be keep your eye on Jeff Wilson?

This was/is my play.  I am in big trouble with my RB's even though I squeaked a win.  Breida just isn't durable and I need to hit on the Mostert/Wilson wagon after flopping miserably on my RB draft .  As others have said, Mostert looked excellent until that nasty arm break. I just have to keep playing these type of adds and grind.

2 hours ago, KuNiT21 said:

This was/is my play.  I am in big trouble with my RB's even though I squeaked a win.  Breida just isn't durable and I need to hit on the Mostert/Wilson wagon after flopping miserably on my RB draft .  As others have said, Mostert looked excellent until that nasty arm break. I just have to keep playing these type of adds and grind.

Mostert is my prayer play for a RB.  I sort of dropped the ball ....ie: drafted Lamar Miller - really hurt me losing that depth. 

Mosteret looks pretty good, but the 49ers early schedule is gonna make it hard to use him while Tevin Coleman is out if you're already in decent shape at RB. Lets say Breida is out of the picture it would be -

@CIN

PIT

BYE

CLE

@LAR

and then if Coleman is still out after 5 weeks

@WAS

CAR

Edited by Tezz
  • Thanks 1