Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Texansfan said:

Dude is ballin’ at the right time!  Must start next week?

I'd certainly think so at this point. Breida's role doesn't look to be changing this season and Coleman has developed into a non-factor. 

The existence of Breida caps Mostert's touch total so we're banking on continued efficiency here but there's little reason to think Mostert can't keep getting it done.

Man he looks light years ahead of Breida and Coleman. I really like both those guys coming into this year, but Mostert is leaving them in the dust. Great matchup next week too. 

Even with Brieda back, Mostert took command of the running game.

What surprised me is his chops at receiving.  It looks like he may be more than just the hot hand of the week going forward.

Nice add, and play if your needing help at RB in PPR leagues.   He blew up on my bench this week, but at this point he may be my RB2 going forward.    I was worried about Breida/Coleman so he was a tough start for me, I don't think I can look past him again..

Thinking he has proved himself at this point.   He should feast against Atlanta in Week 15.

Looking ahead this guy is a great stash too for keeper/dynasty leagues.  Matt Breida is set to be an FA this year, and the 49ers can save $3.6mm with no dead cap if they cut Coleman this off-season.  Also if they cut McKinnon they would save about $4.5mm total it looks like.  Mostert might wind up being the starter in SF next year if they decide to part ways with all 3 of those guys.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Looking ahead this guy is a great stash too for keeper/dynasty leagues.  Matt Breida is set to be an FA this year, and the 49ers can save $3.6mm with no dead cap if they cut Coleman this off-season.  Also if they cut McKinnon they would save about $4.5mm total it looks like.  Mostert might wind up being the starter in SF next year if they decide to part ways with all 3 of those guys.  

I love this call.

• Thanks 1

I watched him on the ww for weeks and now regret never pulling the trigger.

He looks like he's been shot out of a cannon for some of his runs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Obviously a lot can/will happen between now and the end of the season but my guess would be, as of right now, they will retain Breida and likely sign another RB in the offseason. I don't think Shanahan has any interest in going with a true bell-cow and is clearly willing to shell out some money for the position as it is a huge factor in their offensive identity.

With that said there is still long term value to be had with Mostert if he continues to play well, and even in redraft leagues he might have sneaky value if they bring in another RB in the offseason 

Mostert 40 (60%), Breida 12 (18%), Coleman 11 (16%).  Touches 12, 7, 3.

If Mostert gets 60% of the 49ers snaps the next two weeks, including the majority of goal line and receiving, he’s a solid RB2 with RB1 upside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not sure why I just sat there and stared at him chilling on waivers for weeks. He always passed the eye test more than all the other SF RBs but the injuries scared me off I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, sSektor said:

Not sure why I just sat there and stared at him chilling on waivers for weeks. He always passed the eye test more than all the other SF RBs but the injuries scared me off I guess.

Usage. He was mostly ST and Shanahan uses 50 RBs. LOL, now I believe too and it is too late.

• Like 2

Picked him up after last week, seeing Coleman get benched.

This week he proved it.

Still..he is a high risk reward type.  No one will feel comfortable starting him. ....but....if you need a ko chance in the semi finals.   This guy coild be a haymaker.

So hard to start. To good to sit.

14 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Picked him up after last week, seeing Coleman get benched.

This week he proved it.

Still..he is a high risk reward type.  No one will feel comfortable starting him. ....but....if you need a ko chance in the semi finals.   This guy coild be a haymaker.

So hard to start. To good to sit.

That's what your flex is for. Lock your safe bets in at every other position, but use your flex as your wildcard and swing big. There's a chance Breida could have a big day and steal his thunder, but I think there's a better chance Mostert goes for 100+ and a TD again. Shanahan sees what everyone else sees too. 

19 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Looking ahead this guy is a great stash too for keeper/dynasty leagues.  Matt Breida is set to be an FA this year, and the 49ers can save $3.6mm with no dead cap if they cut Coleman this off-season.  Also if they cut McKinnon they would save about $4.5mm total it looks like.  Mostert WILL BE might wind up being the starter in SF next year if they decide to part ways with all 3 of those guys.  

Fixed your post for you....

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Fixed your post for you....

Uh huh

we’ll see if they pass on the dozen or more rbs in the draft more talented than Mustard 

45 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

we’ll see if they pass on the dozen or more rbs in the draft more talented than Mustard 

...sure, but based on opportunity and cost, he is worth a roster spot in dynasty/keeper leagues.

30 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

...sure, but based on opportunity and cost, he is worth a roster spot in dynasty/keeper leagues.

no question 

4 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

That's what your flex is for. Lock your safe bets in at every other position, but use your flex as your wildcard and swing big. There's a chance Breida could have a big day and steal his thunder, but I think there's a better chance Mostert goes for 100+ and a TD again. Shanahan sees what everyone else sees too. 

That is, unless you're in a league without a flex. I am in the championship game where I must start at least one RB. I could start two, but I am going with a Hopkins/Cooper/Jones combo. I have Singletary but I am going to grab Mostert today.

Does the Falcon revenge game narrative for Tevin Coleman scare anybody this week when considering starting Mostert?

6 minutes ago, AJdude said:

Does the Falcon revenge game narrative for Tevin Coleman scare anybody this week when considering starting Mostert?

Never thought about the TC revenge game. Shanahan looks like the type of guy that would feed him to make a point as well, but probably over thinking this one. TC has been a after thought since middle of the season. Mostert just looks on a different level right now. 

10 minutes ago, AJdude said:

Feel like just when you think you've identified the 1A in the backfield this year the rug is pulled out from under you.

First it was Breida then he got hurt.

Then it was Coleman and he scores 4 TDs. Then he stunk.

Now, it's Mostert's turn. Everyone falling for it hook line and sinker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Feel like just when you think you've identified the 1A in the backfield this year the rug is pulled out from under you.

Jeff Wilson incoming lol

giphy.gif&ehk=7V%2B6aPkQPn2EODunoHaKe5QL

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

How quickly people forget this has been the modus operandi of a shanny backfield since 2018. Remeber when people thoughtJjeffrey Wilson would be the rb to own on a championship run?😂

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Agree it's been impossible to predict week to week who the lead SF RB will be.  But with Mike Evans and possibly Devante Parker out this week I have no choice.

• Like 1