Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

It said he lost a fumble... I must have missed that. Was it him at the end of the game?

A failed lateral at the end of the game. 

Overall disappointed with today but the td salvaged it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shanny Dumbass Jr is the only thing that keeping him back. 

He is head and shoulders above the other 2 RBs. 

• Like 1

That lateral “fumble” mattered a lot more to fantasy managers than it did to Shanny — Breida’s two real-life fumbles were far more costly to the team and only further cemented Mostert as the lead back. Starting him with full confidence next week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eg4190 said:

That lateral “fumble” mattered a lot more to fantasy managers than it did to Shanny — Breida’s two real-life fumbles were far more costly to the team and only further cemented Mostert as the lead back. Starting him with full confidence next week.

I didn't see the game, how'd he look???  I know he's a definite start at the Flex level but what RB's would you start him over in championship week home vs the Rams?  Over Fournette at Atlanta?  Others?

10 hours ago, dschddny said:

I didn't see the game, how'd he look???  I know he's a definite start at the Flex level but what RB's would you start him over in championship week home vs the Rams?  Over Fournette at Atlanta?  Others?

He looked solid. ATL seems to only show up when they are the underdog. Breida fumbed twice and lost one so I wouldn't worry about him vs the Rams. Zeke just killed them

1 hour ago, affliction said:

He looked solid. ATL seems to only show up when they are the underdog. Breida fumbed twice and lost one so I wouldn't worry about him vs the Rams. Zeke just killed them

He isnt zeke and fumbled himself. That being said, he is still the "lead" back but its not thrilling. I wouldnt start in the finals if i owned.

9 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He isnt zeke and fumbled himself. That being said, he is still the "lead" back but its not thrilling. I wouldnt start in the finals if i owned.

As stated above, his fumble was a lateral at the end of the game... not something he’s gonna get punished for.

Hopefully Shanahan realizes they were much more effective the previous two games when they leaned on Mostert somewhat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

As stated above, his fumble was a lateral at the end of the game... not something he’s gonna get punished for.

Hopefully Shanahan realizes they were much more effective the previous two games when they leaned on Mostert somewhat. 

Sure seems like Mostert will get the bulk of the carries now, with Breida likely in the doghouse and Coleman already barely seeing the field, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dschddny said:

Sure seems like Mostert will get the bulk of the carries now, with Breida likely in the doghouse and Coleman already barely seeing the field, right?

I would have to agree with this.. Mostert is the back to own in that backfield right now.

• Like 2

Are we really that confident right now? I was working during the last game and didn't get to see how the three backs performed. Can anybody else give a nice unbiased view? It still feels like we're picking one guy in this backfield and then praying.

He's definitely outperformed the other 2. I'm just hoping that Coleman was used more last game because they were playing his old team. 

I think he’s still too risky.  Take away the TD last week and he was a flop!  Rolling the dice with Will Fuller over him at flex in my championship!  Higher upside!

Edited by Texansfan

Mostert has shown he is the best RB in SF.  But that's not the question.  The question we should be asking is how many carries will he get?   Seeing Coleman getting goal line snaps was disheartening to Mostert owners.  Brieda is also in the mix.  The only time Mostert got more than 15 carries was in Baltimore.  I believe the weather had something to do with that.  If Mostert got all the carries, he would be a high end RB1.  As it is, he's a low RB2.  He's risky in the championship round. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

Mostert got the most backfield touches the last 3 weeks. We just need one more week. Dallas destroyed LA on the ground just last week. Now they have to play a top 3 run offense on a short week. Calculated risk, but risky nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Newtown said:

Mostert got the most backfield touches the last 3 weeks. We just need one more week. Dallas destroyed LA on the ground just last week. Now they have to play a top 3 run offense on a short week. Calculated risk, but risky nonetheless.

It’s him or Boone. Struggling right now... down to the wire.

Mostert

.....easy start this week.  Relax.  2 td day at least ,and several catches.

Top 15 back minimum.  IMO

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Texansfan said:

I think he’s still too risky.  Take away the TD last week and he was a flop!  Rolling the dice with Will Fuller over him at flex in my championship!  Higher upside!

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Dude is not giving this job back anytime soon.

if breida leaves in free agency his stock will sky rocket 

He might be the 1A next season. I could see the 49ers moving on from Coleman. And McKinnon is definitely gone. Regret not holding onto him longer in dynasty. Was a really muddy situation earlier in the situation with 4 or 5 RB's in the mix.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

He might be the 1A next season. I could see the 49ers moving on from Coleman. And McKinnon is definitely gone. Regret not holding onto him longer in dynasty. Was a really muddy situation earlier in the situation with 4 or 5 RB's in the mix.

Well we will know about Coleman before 4/1 because then he will be due a 2m roster bonus. 

Might be time to take him off of special teams next year make him the starting rb officially 

• Like 1