Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

Wowzers! 

To think I picked this guy up and dropped him 3 or 4 times this season(and last)...Looks special out there tonight

I know the blocking was great and the Packers defense is somewhat to blame, but he did look good out there. I saw some great cuts and great patience. 

I kind of have a feeling that Coleman will be gone but they might bring back Breida. I think that's the ideal scenario. If they keep all 3 then I'm not as high on him next year as I would be otherwise, obviously.

11 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

To think I picked this guy up and dropped him 3 or 4 times this season(and last)...Looks special out there tonight

I did the same but in redraft. I can't remember if I picked him up in dynasty. I remember looking at him I think. By the time he took off it was too late. He was such a tease the 1st half of the season.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, ginocan said:

Shanny Dumbass Jr is the only thing that keeping him back. 

He is head and shoulders above the other 2 RBs. 

I was going to post the exact same thing. But realized that I already said it a month ago already. 

So...I’ll be that guy and quoting myself...

4 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I know the blocking was great and the Packers defense is somewhat to blame, but he did look good out there. I saw some great cuts and great patience. 

I kind of have a feeling that Coleman will be gone but they might bring back Breida. I think that's the ideal scenario. If they keep all 3 then I'm not as high on him next year as I would be otherwise, obviously.

Mckinnon is also still on the roster.  If cut it’s 4m in dead money. 

Breida is RFA but isnt durable and fumbles 

Coleman no dead money if cut save 4.5m 

Mostert is the most reliable and making just 2.8 m next year. 

I expect Mostert and just one of these guys back next year and they bring in a UDFA or draft a rb late 

Edited by affliction

I expect Breida to be brought back. The McKinnon dead money doesn't look great, but they need to move on from him. Coleman is as good as gone. Those two and a draft pick or FA pickup would cover them just fine. Breida and Mostert aren't going to cost a lot combined.

2 hours ago, affliction said:

Mckinnon is also still on the roster.  If cut it’s 4m in dead money. 

Breida is RFA but isnt durable and fumbles 

Coleman no dead money if cut save 4.5m 

Mostert is the most reliable and making just 2.8 m next year. 

I expect Mostert and just one of these guys back next year and they bring in a UDFA or draft a rb late 

Don't be surprised if mostert+brieda+coleman are all back next season with some contract restructurings. Breida I think will soft test  the market to see where his value is but I think the Niners will give him the best deal in the end to stay; given his injury history and rotational role I don't think there will be massive demand for him. I doubt Coleman will get released he has a solid role in this backfield, he has the better all around skill sets in terms of run+block+catch(but lacks the overall explosiveness of breida+Mostert) and has only been on this team for 1 season, Mostert is cheap and effective in the run game and on special teams.

The Niners run game physically punishes rb's and unless shanny can find a zeke-dalvin-cmc-barkley-bell style player to be the workhorse, I expect them to carry 4 to 5 rb's on the roster again next season.  Shanny is not going to gut his SB backfield. Sure Mostert looked great running because he is explosive but he is not the workhorse rb and people are completely missing the process of how Shanny uses each rb for whatever he determines is their effectiveness in his play calling "EACH GAME". it's evident he likes the rotation and he likes all of his rb's to be available and competitive. The depth chart is meaningless for this backfield in terms of starting rb vs rb3. 

This season and last has taught fantasy players that SF does not have a workhorse rb and they win games without one so as much as one rb looks great in any given game, it's a crapshoot as to which rb will have that great game on any given week. 

I would also mention that the much speculated pass catching role for the rb has not been a mainstay for this offense(Jimmy G is not a chekdown machine with Kittle+deebo+Sanders able to take short passes for massive YAC's). Mckinnon+Coleman were predicted in preseason to be hot ppr  rb's based on pass catching skill and what we have seen is Shanny does no throw a ton to his rb's as anticipated because he doesnt need to.  So maybe that changes next season. So if I was to make a bet on any rb as a cheap draft option I would assume they draft a rookie who people will fall in love with but will be fantasy irrelevant, I think Mostert gets pushed up the draft boards in the offseason because of recency bias, Breida falls into no mans land and if coleman falls to the he is on "the roster bubble or will not be the guy" depressed value territory then I draft coleman. He could turn out to be the guy who gets 50% of the touches or next years Hyde who became fantasy relevant on another team.  

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 4

On 1/20/2020 at 9:29 PM, devaster said:

I expect Breida to be brought back. The McKinnon dead money doesn't look great, but they need to move on from him. Coleman is as good as gone. Those two and a draft pick or FA pickup would cover them just fine. Breida and Mostert aren't going to cost a lot combined.

What if this draft pick is JK Dobbins or D'Andre Swift? Not really likely, but you never know.