Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

Mostert has looked really good when given opportunities. Problem is, he is slight of frame as well, and had a season ending injury last year, broken arm I know, also was put on IR in 2017 too, after just one game..

5'11" 185, although for some reason to me he looks much bigger than that on the field, also looks pretty dang explosive. 

41 minutes ago, Tezz said:

Mosteret looks pretty good, but the 49ers early schedule is gonna make it hard to use him while Tevin Coleman is out if you're already in decent shape at RB. Lets say Breida is out of the picture it would be -

@CIN

PIT

BYE

CLE

@LAR

and then if Coleman is still out after 5 weeks

@WAS

CAR

To be fair we dont really know what how these defences will shake out for this season

14 minutes ago, herschel said:

Nice line.  How are we feeling moving forward?

Raheem is a Mus-Start while Coleman is out!

• Like 1

Had a really nice ~30 yard TD run that got called back for holding that won't show up in the stat sheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Had a really nice ~30 yard TD run that got called back for holding that won't show up in the stat sheet.

Mustard was squirting all over the field today.   

Very impressive performance by SF.   He’s in my lineup next week 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jbarretta said:

He gets 10 Carrie's and 4-5 passes   has the Coleman role and is the sf back to own ros

as someone who has 2 shares of Mostert and zero of Brieda, this is ridiculous

hes a flex plug at best

• Like 2

When's the joke gonna be over about this guy?

He looks great and the numbers and usage speak for themselves.

• Like 1

Love the talent, but he's in the most crowded backfield in the NFL.  Coleman will be back after the Week 4 bye.  Breida has played terrific.  Neither is going away.  

Also, this was likely the best rushing performance of the year for the 49ers.  

I'd consider selling high.  

• Thanks 1

got him as free agent this week, if i would have started him over carson conner or dj, would have won my matchup.

he looks good but dont see myself starting him over those 3. Would consider if he had more volume. Riding the bench for the foreseeable future unless injury or byes or hes 1a or 1b

Edited by Rozr1

Any RB with a pulse can be successful in this scheme...always wanna toss a dart at the cheapest options and see how it plays out.

Mostert is actually quite talented and explosive. He is a guy you can actually play in deeper formats. Also Jeff Wilson Jr is prob gonna matter at some point too.

On 9/15/2019 at 11:47 PM, Rainyy said:

Love the talent, but he's in the most crowded backfield in the NFL.  Coleman will be back after the Week 4 bye.  Breida has played terrific.  Neither is going away.  

Also, this was likely the best rushing performance of the year for the 49ers.  

I'd consider selling high.  

Time table is 2-6 weeks with high ankle sprains. Tevin could be out longer. If Raheem and Breida continue to play well they won't rush him back either.

39 minutes ago, affliction said:

Time table is 2-6 weeks with high ankle sprains. Tevin could be out longer. If Raheem and Breida continue to play well they won't rush him back either.

Agree.

It's an ugly situation with all SF skill players as they are rotating everybody it seems.  At some point though, don't they start giving the productive players more chances?

Mostert has done nothing but produce.  He did it last year and he's doing it this year.  We have Breida who is good and probably the #1 guy....But also injury prone.  And we have Coleman.....Who has never been anything special IMO.  Heck, the offense is getting better without him.

Who knows what happens here.  One thing I do know is that the 49ers offense is coming around and looking pretty good.  I'm getting shares of these guys while their basically free and seeing how things shake out. 

46 minutes ago, affliction said:

And honestly you see guys lag once they return to the field because some high ankle sprains really linger.  It’s much closer to a serious ligament injury than a run of the mill twisted ankle.  I’m holding both Breida and Mostert to see how things pan out.  SF runs a productive running scheme, and all three backs on the roster seem to miss time each year.  This week is a tough call though,  I still think Breida gets the nod.  He’s due some targets in addition to carries (had 27 receptions in 2018 despite missing time).  But the Steelers run D looked good against the Pats in week 1, but the pass catching backs (White/Burkhead) looked good, so maybe Mostert is the better play.  Either are defensible starts this week in PPR.

• Like 1

Breida is nasty, makes straight Neo Matrix moves, but Mostert is the real deal as well. Mostert reminds me of the old plug n play RBs the 90's Broncos unleashed on the NFL. He is big strong and "fast enough"

2 hours ago, affliction said:

The 49ers have actually said they expect Coleman back in Week 5 after the bye.  Could just be coach speak.  

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/13/tevin-coleman-trent-taylor-jalen-hurd-expected-back-after-bye/

Edited by Rainyy

High ankle sprains linger for sure, and a betting man would suggest there is a good chance Breida will get injured as well. Hopefully not, as a Breida owner, but wouldn't be surprised.