Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

What is everyone's take on this guy's season long value?  I think that there is going to be pockets where he has no value but then tons of value.  All dependent on the Breida/Coleman injury situation.  Second question, what is everyone's take on this guy's season long value if all stay healthy?

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

What is everyone's take on this guy's season long value?  I think that there is going to be pockets where he has no value but then tons of value.  All dependent on the Breida/Coleman injury situation.  Second question, what is everyone's take on this guy's season long value if all stay healthy?

I think he looks good whenever given the opportunity. Obvious committee backfield, but one where multiple backs can be fantasy relevant. Who knows how things will shake out when Coleman gets back but I have to assume it’s hard to take players off the field that do nothing but produce.

12 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

If all stay healthy Brieda is the only one Id start. Hes one of the more talented RBs in the league IMO.

Breida isn't exactly the most durable guy, I think he's worth rostering and playing as a flex in good matchups.  Especially in PPR.  I think he's useful right now, but if Breida goes down he's a must start RB2 with RB1 upside.  Any RB in a Kyle Shanahan offense is worth owning IMO.

• Like 1

hard to own in non-ppr league since Jeff Wilson is the goal-line RB, according to the HC?

6 minutes ago, lindown said:

hard to own in non-ppr league since Jeff Wilson is the goal-line RB, according to the HC?

Hard to say there’s much to it. Shanahan didn’t even sound that sure about it from the quote.

Edited by kidsgotsoul

47 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Hard to say there’s much to it. Shanahan didn’t even sound that sure about it from the quote.

The game was a blowout...

This week vs PIT will give more clarity.

• Like 1

Just picked him up. Excited to see what he does. I had him last yr he did great before his injury. 

I have breida on my other league and definitely trying to acquire him there as well. Seems like a beast when he runs 

19 minutes ago, lindown said:

when's tevin coleman coming back?

it is going to be a messy RBBC in SF

Yeah, I picked him up last week and feel like I have to hold onto him based on what he did, but at the same time, I don’t see his situation improving, he’s not cracking my lineup and they’ve got the week 4 bye. So it seems he is going to feel like a dead weight or else I will eventually drop him next week anyway (barring a Breida injury), so maybe I should be dropping now (10 teamers).

It appears that every back is successful in this system, so it doesn’t seem like a situation where he can play well enough to keep his role once Coleman is back. 

Edited by nromn

7 minutes ago, nromn said:

Yeah, I picked him up last week and feel like I have to hold onto him based on what he did, but at the same time, I don’t see his situation improving, he’s not cracking my lineup and they’ve got the week 4 bye. So it seems he is going to feel like a dead weight or else I will eventually drop him next week anyway (barring a Breida injury), so maybe I should be dropping now (10 teamers).

It appears that every back is successful in this system, so it doesn’t seem like a situation where he can play well enough to keep his role once Coleman is back. 

When Coleman returns, unless a back or 2 gets injured it's going to be a messy committee situation.  Jeff Wilson will probably be inactive after Coleman returns but that still leaves a 3-headed monster of Coleman, Breida and Mostert to fight for carries.

13 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

When Coleman returns, unless a back or 2 gets injured it's going to be a messy committee situation.  Jeff Wilson will probably be inactive after Coleman returns but that still leaves a 3-headed monster of Coleman, Breida and Mostert to fight for carries.

That’s the same time thing I’ve been thinking and why I’m wondering if I wouldn’t be better off grabbing a lotto ticket [...]

I guess a little more clarity on Coleman’s situation would be nice, but that is likely not coming.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Imo he is a must own for Coleman or Breida owners that way you're gauranteed a starting part of the pie in the backfield all year

2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I will add that Mostert is an elite special teams player and the Niners place a lot of value on him for ST play.  So when Coleman returns (assuming he's healthy and somewhat effective) I think the RB situation gets a little less messy as Wilson will definitely return to being I/A and Mostert likely back to his usual role as ST ace and getting his occasional looks in the backfield.

Now if he continues to excel as a RB weapon while Coleman is out and/or Breida breaks down/doesn't perform as well as Mostert; or Coleman comes back and under performs/doesn't appear to be fully healthy (high ankle sprains can be pesky as we all know) well all bets are off.

I think he's a strong hold while this whole situation plays out, but truth is clarity is not likely to be coming soon as we still don't have any clue when Coleman will be back and it will take a a few games to see how the RBs will split the workload upon Coleman's return.  I do know the coaching staff loves Mostert and he's done nothing but performed above expectations in all roles he's been put into as a Niner.  

• Like 1

May be parting ways in spots where he’s not needed as a starter this week. Bye next week and then Coleman may be on his way back, muddying things even more. Not sure I want to hang on to him where there are better season long options I can hold and see if they develop into something over the next two weeks...

3 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

May be parting ways in spots where he’s not needed as a starter this week. Bye next week and then Coleman may be on his way back, muddying things even more. Not sure I want to hang on to him where there are better season long options I can hold and see if they develop into something over the next two weeks...

And when Breida goes down?

26 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

This is the conflict I’m having. Situation getting messier after the bye and I really don’t want to hold a 3rd fiddle over a week 4 bye.

Edited by nromn

22 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Kid is a season long hold in my book and will be a weekly flex play despite Coleman.  I have no faith in Coleman and Breida staying on the field for a full game.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Kid is a season long hold in my book and will be a weekly flex play despite Coleman.  I have no faith in Coleman and Breida staying on the field for a full game.  

Totally agree. Even if he isn't flexible every week, he seems like one of the better RB lotto tickets. Basically, he is the backup to two players in an offense that looks willing and capable of running the ball.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:54 PM, lindown said:

when's tevin coleman coming back?

it is going to be a messy RBBC in SF

I think Mosert does the Tevin Coleman role better than Tevin Coleman. Seems to have more potential. We already know what we have in Tevin Coleman.

Thoughts about this week specifically?  Pitt has a pretty solid run defense although has given up some passing yardage to RBs.  Who’s running him out there?

58 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

On top of it

when has Tevin Coleman actually looked good?

was a bust in his starting audition last yr..

so yea, the monster 👹 def a solid hold

Calling him a bust is a major disservice. 1100 total yards, 9 touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. He was squarely in the middle of RB2 territory even without receiving a big workload. Color me confused.