Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

30 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Tough to start him even as a desperation flex with all 4 RBs active. On to the next one I guess..

anything to see here?  wilson will likely vulture tds, but....

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Matt Breida (ankle) "may miss some time."

Breida will get a second opinion after re-spraining his ankle Monday night. This doesn't sound like too bad of a setback, but it puts his Week 11 status in jeopardy. Breida has a history of playing through injuries — he played most of 2018 at less than 100 percent — but the 49ers may want him rested for their stretch run. Raheem Mostert and Jeff Wilson would see expanded roles if Breida misses time.

Edited by herschel

Wow. Breida may actually be inactive.

Already own Coleman. Tempted to start both Coleman and Mostert. Have a feeling SF is going to be steaming after their first loss at home and pummel AZ.

Of course, if I do that, J. Wilson will be active and score twice.

• Like 1

Coleman isn’t the picture of health and either and missed some plays Monday night banged up. 

• Like 1

Does this cat have value if Wilson is inactive along with Breida? I assume Coleman will remain the goal line back. How is Mostert as a receiving back? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

I picked up Mostert to roll without a kicker for the week but can you really trust this guy? Seems like a 2-3 point floor and 7-10 point ceiling in standard. I'm debating if it's even worth it unless somehow Coleman is out (didn't play in OT).

3 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Does this cat have value if Wilson is inactive along with Breida? I assume Coleman will remain the goal line back. How is Mostert as a receiving back? [...]

Coleman is the recieving back too.

Mostert would fill Breidas "between the 20s" role if i had to guess. Thats what Mostert did earlier in the year too (when Wilson took the GL role)

I'd only feel comfortable starting him if Coleman or Wilson are out with Breida.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, affliction said:

I'd only feel comfortable starting him if Coleman or Wilson are out with Breida.

I think I am with you, my friend. I'll probably drop him on Sunday for someone like Slayton or Hollister unless this is the case.

32 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Coleman isn’t the picture of health and either and missed some plays Monday night banged up. 

Agreed. I was watching closely as my opponent had Coleman and it was a nail-biter of a finish in my matchup.

Mostert played all of overtime for SF, and I think IIRC also the entire last drive of regulation. Given that Coleman can both run and receive, that suggests he was a little dinged up. 

Now maybe it was nothing serious, but it also might suggest a more even workload between them if Coleman is a little hobbled.

• Like 1

Coleman was hurt right before halftime so that would imply he re-aggravated the injury in the 2nd half.

21 minutes ago, affliction said:

Coleman was hurt right before halftime so that would imply he re-aggravated the injury in the 2nd half.

What was the injury? 

I actually think he's a pretty safe start if Breida is out, regardless of Coleman or Wilson.  SF should be running a lot and will want to protect Coleman for the stretch run, especially with Breida already banged up.  Wilson doesn't scare me.  2nd half of this game will be the Raheem Show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nromn said:

What was the injury? 

I'm not sure he was limping so looked like an ankle but the announcers didn't even mention it. People in the gameday thread noticed as well and Breida took over the rest of the snaps.

I haven't saw anything since though.

• Thanks 1

I could see him getting 5-10 touches. I'd like to think SF wins this one but I think ARZ is a little underrated and may be able to keep pace. If SF gets a huge lead, I can see them resting Coleman and relying on Mostert for most of the 4th quarter. . .

Tempting flex play to decide on Sunday morning.

Am I the only one who noticed that Brieda and Coleman mostly didn't do jack the entire game but when Mostert came in he was getting yards in nice chunks? In deeper leagues he may well be worth a start with Brieda out. Coleman isn't exactly setting the world on fire. 

1 hour ago, bomont said:

Am I the only one who noticed that Brieda and Coleman mostly didn't do jack the entire game but when Mostert came in he was getting yards in nice chunks? In deeper leagues he may well be worth a start with Brieda out. Coleman isn't exactly setting the world on fire. 

It’s because most team game plan for Tevin and Breida. Doubt that teams would gameplay for Mostert as well who is the 3rd back. 

• Haha 1

This guy passes the eye test for me all day long. I think he gets more than the 8-10 carries I've seen being projected and I'm not sure Breida gets his role back when he's healthy. 

Have a backup plan to Mostert just in case Breida suits up. Can't go all-in on Mostert. At least not yet. I remember that Breida was deemed out/doubtful to play early in the week last year, with the best case of him being back in 2 weeks. What happened? He missed no time and suited up the very same week without practicing. Had a decent fantasy game as well.

Long story shot: Beware of Breida - who is always injured but never misses a game!

• Like 2