Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, rylaughlin said:

This guy passes the eye test for me all day long. I think he gets more than the 8-10 carries I've seen being projected and I'm not sure Breida gets his role back when he's healthy. 

Mostert is talented, no doubt, but when Breida is healthy, him and Tevin Coleman will be the 2 main rb's.  I think that Mostert needs a change of scenery after this season to get more of a chance.

18 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Mostert is talented, no doubt, but when Breida is healthy, him and Tevin Coleman will be the 2 main rb's.  I think that Mostert needs a change of scenery after this season to get more of a chance.

Perhaps. But it's been consistently clear Breida can't be relied on to stay on the field and that Mostert is far better than a #3 RB. Shanny certainly sees this.

Mostert's abilities on special teams are what gives me doubt about this shift occurring, however. 

12 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

Perhaps. But it's been consistently clear Breida can't be relied on to stay on the field and that Mostert is far better than a #3 RB. Shanny certainly sees this.

Mostert's abilities on special teams are what gives me doubt about this shift occurring, however. 

I think the best that Mostert can hope for right now when both Breida and Coleman are healthy is a 3-man committee.  As stated, I think that Mostert needs a change of scenery to realize his potential.  He has played well for the most part when given the opportunity whether it be in preseason or the regular season.  He deserves more of a chance.

Reading all the recent replies, still unsure if Mostert is a start this week without Breida? Or does Wilson have to be inactive as well?

Mostert is basically a Justin Forsett or Ben Tate. He excels in Shanny's outside zone scheme, looks very explosive. Put him somewhere else, let alone in a lead role, and he will look average at best.

Forsett had a nice short stint in Baltimore though.

Raheem Mostert (RB – SF)

: #27 vs ECR #41 vs ARI
If Matt Breida

was active, you’d start Breida without hesitation against the Cardinals. They are heavy home favorites and Arizona has struggled versus the run this season once again so San Francisco, the most run-heavy team in football, is a near-lock to run 30+ times. Seeing that Tevin Coleman

is no workhorse, you can essentially guarantee Mostert sees the same 12-15 touches Breida left on the table. What’s more, is that Mostert is an extremely talented 3rd-string back and he was the one getting the fourth quarter and overtime touches instead of Coleman on Monday Night football.

Despite various reports saying Breida would "miss some time," he of course has yet to be ruled out.

Rasputin I say.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Despite various reports saying Breida would "miss some time," he of course has yet to be ruled out.

Rasputin I say.

Reminds me of last season when he would surprise everyone and be active, when he was all but left for dead

12 hours ago, frog34 said:

Have a backup plan to Mostert just in case Breida suits up. Can't go all-in on Mostert. At least not yet. I remember that Breida was deemed out/doubtful to play early in the week last year, with the best case of him being back in 2 weeks. What happened? He missed no time and suited up the very same week without practicing. Had a decent fantasy game as well.

Long story shot: Beware of Breida - who is always injured but never misses a game!

Breida is indeed like The Terminator, albeit a small and ineffective model when injured haha.

I's pretty simple stuff...

Mostert's 2 full games as RB1b to Breida's 1a with Tevin out:

13 Att, 83 Yds, 3 Rec, 68 Yds, TD
12 Att, 79 Yds

Not too shabby

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I's pretty simple stuff...

Mostert's 2 full games as RB1b to Breida's 1a with Tevin out:

13 Att, 83 Yds, 3 Rec, 68 Yds, TD
12 Att, 79 Yds

Not too shabby

Those same two games. J. Wilson scored 4 TDs.

Wilson is the fly in the ointment here. If active.

28 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

IF Breida is out, is Mostert a Must Start?

Depending on your other options I'd lean that he's probably start. Given byes etc I'd think he'll be amongst best streaming rb candidates. 

Cardinals murdered in Santa Clara, CA. 

Who done it?

Colonel Mostert with a knife thru the defense. 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Those same two games. J. Wilson scored 4 TDs.

Wilson is the fly in the ointment here. If active.

Yes, because Tevin wasn't present. Tevin is the rich man's Wilson

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tatddy said:

FWIW Coleman was excused from practice today for "personal reasons"

Based on what I read there's a non-zero chance this was disciplinary. I mean he did cede touches in a critical spot Monday night. Likely wishful thinking but this could possibly indicate a passing of the torch. Mostert is worth a speculative add in every league IMO. 

51 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

Based on what I read there's a non-zero chance this was disciplinary. I mean he did cede touches in a critical spot Monday night. Likely wishful thinking but this could possibly indicate a passing of the torch. Mostert is worth a speculative add in every league IMO. 

You’re dreaming. And I have Mostert rostered in a few spots.

19 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

You’re dreaming. And I have Mostert rostered in a few spots.

Crazier things have happened. All I'm saying is Mostert should be owned in 10 team leagues and larger.

Cards will sell out to stop the run again just like 2 weeks ago when they were unlucky not to beat the 9ers. They will take the gamble on Jimmy G beating them through the air rather than getting pounded into the ground. Especially without Kittle and a less than 100% Sanders, if he plays at all. Could be a rough rushing day for the 9ers in general, despite a juicy-looking matchup.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Cards will sell out to stop the run again just like 2 weeks ago when they were unlucky not to beat the 9ers. They will take the gamble on Jimmy G beating them through the air rather than getting pounded into the ground. Especially without Kittle and a less than 100% Sanders, if he plays at all. Could be a rough rushing day for the 9ers in general, despite a juicy-looking matchup.

That game was in AZ though right? And they didn't have their FB and other O-line pieces.

I watched that game and was shocked at how effective AZ's run D was. They've been shredded on the ground. And were shredded last week by both R. Jones and P. Barber. I wonder if that first AZ game was an anomaly.

Fresh off a loss, at home, I've gotta think they trounce AZ. With or without Kittle and Sanders.

15 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

IF Breida is out, is Mostert a Must Start?

Must start?  No; at best he's still in a committee and likely on the shorter end.  A decently safe start that you can be confident in?  Yes, I would say that.