Jags02

Raheem Mostert 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

RB2? No... Coleman is an RB2 play. Mostert would be in Flex consideration.

With a few of the high-end RBs being on bye this week (Jones, Carson, Barkley, Henry) plus injuries (Freeman, Breida), I think he actually does creep into the low-end RB2 discussion.  Looking at the RBs playing this week I think I'd rank him somewhere right around 20-24.

Edited by JJ1223

6 hours ago, rylaughlin said:

Based on what I read there's a non-zero chance this was disciplinary. I mean he did cede touches in a critical spot Monday night. Likely wishful thinking but this could possibly indicate a passing of the torch. Mostert is worth a speculative add in every league IMO. 

It was neither disciplinary nor injury related. People have lives/families off the field and things come up. 

7 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

80 total yds and a TD. 

source.gif

If all goes according to plan, the 49ers will be up big after halftime and Mostert will get most of the second half carries.  But if it's a close game in the second half, Tevin Coleman will likely be in there most of the time.

13 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

If all goes according to plan, the 49ers will be up big after halftime and Mostert will get most of the second half carries.  But if it's a close game in the second half, Tevin Coleman will likely be in there most of the time.

Why do you assume that a 49ers team who has been decimated by injury over the past few weeks is going to demolish a team they just beat by 3 points when healthier a few weeks ago?

i hope so as a fan. Regardless mostert has standalone value in a close game. 

2 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Why do you assume that a 49ers team who has been decimated by injury over the past few weeks is going to demolish a team they just beat by 3 points when healthier a few weeks ago?

i hope so as a fan. Regardless mostert has standalone value in a close game. 

Yeah, I forgot about the injuries to Kittle and Sanders.  It will probably be a close game again so I would be hesitant to start Mostert if I had him.  He does have value even in a close game but he'll be taking the Breida role which likely means no touchdowns and you pretty much have to hope for a big yardage game.

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Yeah, I forgot about the injuries to Kittle and Sanders.  It will probably be a close game again so I would be hesitant to start Mostert if I had him.  He does have value even in a close game but he'll be taking the Breida role which likely means no touchdowns and you pretty much have to hope for a big yardage game.

It’s the injuries to the dline and also kwon A that are the bigger issue here. Sf won’t be able to control the ball as they would the first half of the year. 

we’re talking a FA wire pluck here so even the Breida roll is a worthy start for teams with all the rb bye week issues 

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Did you see how Mostert was used last game with Coleman and Breida on the sideline? I don't trust Coleman in a physical division game. Sounds like Breida is out.

Mostert can catch too, so in PPR I think he's easily a flex or low RB2 in 12 teamers. Especially if you have BYE's and/or injuries on your roster.

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, tatddy said:

It was neither disciplinary nor injury related. People have lives/families off the field and things come up. 

Yes and people also use specific phrases like "non-zero chance" to account for that likelihood. Speculation is a key part of gaining an edge in fantasy football if you haven't noticed by now. 

• Like 1

IDK what it is but I feel last SF game was a fluke on a TNF game...SF could run all over these guys at home...Mostert's ceiling was what he showed in the CIN game -  2 TDs and 100 YFS, but that's obviously most unlikely outcome. I think he has higher upside that most think...but I'd like to know thoughts of everyone. 

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

IDK what it is but I feel last SF game was a fluke on a TNF game...SF could run all over these guys at home...Mostert's ceiling was what he showed in the CIN game -  2 TDs and 100 YFS, but that's obviously most unlikely outcome. I think he has higher upside that most think...but I'd like to know thoughts of everyone. 

It’s a divisional game. And Kittle is gonna be out. Wouldn’t take the cards too likely 

Assuming Breida is out, leaning Mostert over David Montgomery and McKissic in PPR.  The fact is, when given the opportunity, Mr. Must-start has yet to disappoint.  

9 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Isn't mostert questionable?

Yeah, he was limited in practice all week and then was officially listed as questionable. You'll want to check again on gameday, but it's thought he'll play.

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

Yeah, he was limited in practice all week and then was officially listed as questionable. You'll want to check again on gameday, but it's thought he'll play.

4pm EST start time is a bit of a problem. I guess if he's declared out you could always drop Mostert and throw in Jeff Wilson (who will be active regardless I'm sure to muck this situation up). Right now, I'm starting Mostert over Z. Pascal (vs JAX) and R. Gage (@CAR) in the flex position.

24 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

4pm EST start time is a bit of a problem. I guess if he's declared out you could always drop Mostert and throw in Jeff Wilson (who will be active regardless I'm sure to muck this situation up). Right now, I'm starting Mostert over Z. Pascal (vs JAX) and R. Gage (@CAR) in the flex position.

I'm currently starting him over Kalen Ballage, but I'm wondering about that too. Hopefully we'll get word on his status prior to the early games. If not, I may just have to start Ballage.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, sjm76 said:

So you're saying he's a Mustart unless it's close or they're playing ketchup?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, machine3 said:

So you're saying he's a Mustart unless it's close or they're playing ketchup?

... heard the same on the Pat Mayo podcast 🥚

• Haha 1