Sign in to follow this  
Mixmasterjeff

Offered D Montgomery for Evan Engram

I have Kelsey but my only legit option at RB is Chris Carson.  I need another RB in the worst way and I think it's just a matter of time until DM pops.

Thoughts?

I would take it. Engram looked good but he's not going to put up those kind of numbers every week. Defenses will get smarter. And you're right about DM, once Chicago's offense gets their balls back and he earns a larger workload, he's going to rock. We know he's capable. You already have Kelce. Why do you need two must start TEs? There's a ton of options at TE this year. I would take this deal in a heartbeat. 

Buy low, sell high. Your trading party is buying high and selling low. Easy. 

Edited by 4Ring
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 4Ring said:

I would take it. Engram looked good but he's not going to put up those kind of numbers every week. Defenses will get smarter. And you're right about DM, once Chicago's offense gets their balls back and he earns a larger workload, he's going to rock. We know he's capable. You already have Kelce. Why do you need two must start TEs? There's a ton of options at TE this year. I would take this deal in a heartbeat. 

This is how I am leaning, love the upside.  I can Flex Engram but still leaves me with a massive gaping hole at RB.  Think I may take it and hope for the best...

• Like 1

The Giants are a run first offense with Saquan so that will limit Engram's value. Don't just look at one week of production from Montgomery because he is a talented RB. I would make that trade.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mixmasterjeff said:

Took it, thanks guy's.  Best of luck.

Horrific trade. Engram will finish as Top 3 TE this year.

who gives a s---. he has Kelce. He doesn't need another TE if he can run a solid RB2 once DM begins to put up the magical numbers. Sell high on Engram is the message to all holders right now. Hard to buy Top 3 from Engram just yet. It was one game. He could do it but it's a long season. On average, RB production will outpace TE over the course of the season.

If you have higher priority on this week's wire and truly want to stash a second TE, Hockenson, Andrews, & Waller will all ball out this year.

1 hour ago, 4Ring said:

who gives a s---. he has Kelce. He doesn't need another TE if he can run a solid RB2 once DM begins to put up the magical numbers. Sell high on Engram is the message to all holders right now. Hard to buy Top 3 from Engram just yet. It was one game. He could do it but it's a long season. On average, RB production will outpace TE over the course of the season.

If you have higher priority on this week's wire and truly want to stash a second TE, Hockenson, Andrews, & Waller will all ball out this year.

It is an absolutely horrible trade - period. He could have gotten so so much more. Engram is 1000% legit and a Top 3 TE this season.

7 hours ago, 4Ring said:

Buy low, sell high. Your trading party is buying high and selling low. Easy. 

Engram will have 1000+ yards this season. Week 1 will be the norm for him, not an outlier.

We will see.  Chill guys, not the end of the world lol.  I'm happy with it.  Relax and have a good night...

Edited by Mixmasterjeff

On 9/10/2019 at 5:58 PM, abc12345 said:

Engram will have 1000+ yards this season. Week 1 will be the norm for him, not an outlier.

Normal huh? LOL

On 9/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, Mixmasterjeff said:

We will see.  Chill guys, not the end of the world lol.  I'm happy with it.  Relax and have a good night...

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 10.40.39 AM.png

Edited by 4Ring
error
  • Haha 1