Sign in to follow this  
Bringthesonicsback

TE Rankings 2019

With the surprisingly "deep" pool of TE's we have in 2019 fantasy, let's get them ranked and see how the list evolves as the season progresses.

My rankings:

Tier 1: Kelce

Tier 2: Kittle, Engram, Ertz

Tier 3: Henry, Waller, Howard

Tier 4: Cook, Walker, Hockenson, Hooper, Andrews 

Tier 5: Njoku, Burton, Reed, McDonald, Olsen

Tier 6: Witten, Indy TE's, Graham, Rudolph

• Like 1

Not that it really matters that low down, but I'd have Graham in Tier 5, that GB WR corps looks a mess outside of Devante, and Rodgers has to throw TD's to SOMEONE when Devante is getting tripled.

glad to see waller in that tier 3.

yall, the wall will ball. on third and long the raiders know who to call, in the open field he shall not fall. he will soon be recognized at every mall, no need to stall on the respect, this guy makes defenders look small. a td? he will have plenty to haul.. in... thrall to the waller baller shot caller 

• Haha 1

Waller will be in tier 2 by season's end 😎

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

With the surprisingly "deep" pool of TE's we have in 2019 fantasy, let's get them ranked and see how the list evolves as the season progresses.

My rankings:

This is pretty accurate. Tough to tell for sure after only 1 week, but going into the year I figured there'd be a decent amount of good TE options. Main reason why I waited on getting a TE if I didn't get one of Kelce, Kittle, or Ertz.

If I were to make some changes, these would be the ones I'd make. But again, really tough to tell off of a 1 week sample size.

Tier 2: Kittle, Ertz, Engram (I'll keep him here for now, but still feel better about Ertz and Kittle)

Tier 3: Henry, Waller, Howard, Hockenson

Tier 4: Cook, Walker, Hooper, Andrews, Njoku, McDonald

Tier 5: Burton, Reed, Olsen, Graham

Tier 6: Witten, Indy TE's, Rudolph, Other starting TEs / tandems (Eifert, Uzomah, Goedert, Higbee, etc.)

Tier 7: Backup TEs

• Like 3

I think Kittle should be in that first tier. Had 2 tds called back this past week and really stands out with no real competition for red zone targets. Plus we all know he can rack up yardage in a hurry. This was also a week where the offense struggled quite a bit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

This is pretty accurate. Tough to tell for sure after only 1 week, but going into the year I figured there'd be a decent amount of good TE options. Main reason why I waited on getting a TE if I didn't get one of Kelce, Kittle, or Ertz.

If I were to make some changes, these would be the ones I'd make. But again, really tough to tell off of a 1 week sample size.

Tier 2: Kittle, Ertz, Engram (I'll keep him here for now, but still feel better about Ertz and Kittle)

Tier 6: Witten, Indy TE's, Rudolph, Other starting TEs / tandems (Eifert, Uzomah, Goedert, Higbee, etc.)

I like the adjustments. Actually had Engram at that spot before editing AND Hockenson in tier 3 (where I really want him to be, own him in 3 leagues), his future is exciting but week 1 could very well have been his best game of the season. After watching Graham bust playing for my Hawks, I tend to bump him down in all rankings lol. 

10 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

I like the adjustments. Actually had Engram at that spot before editing AND Hockenson in tier 3 (where I really want him to be, own him in 3 leagues), his future is exciting but week 1 could very well have been his best game of the season. After watching Graham bust playing for my Hawks, I tend to bump him down in all rankings lol. 

Yeah definitely not real sure about Hockenson either. Like you said, week 1 could be his best game of the season. But I'd have him on the same tier as Waller. Both have promise and a good week 1, but we'll have to see how they perform. And for Engram, I know I didn't move him from your ranking. But I just wanted to point out that I'm really borderline between tier 2 and tier 3 for him. NYG really doesn't have much for options, so they kind of need to give him his volume. But also not really sure how effective the NYG passing game is going to be. They didn't look that bad in week 1, but we'll see how it goes from here on out.

Watching Giants game its pretty clear Engram is their best receiver by a long shot. He will be fighting for top 2 by years end. All they really have is Bark and EE. 

1 hour ago, gus030 said:

Tier 1 Waller

Other TEs

FIXED 🥃

4 minutes ago, David447 said:

Watching Giants game its pretty clear Engram is their best receiver by a long shot. He will be fighting for top 2 by years end. All they really have is Bark and EE. 

oh, man --------> ^ THIS  ^

kid is an absolute freak. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, David447 said:

You forget Tate is coming back?

• Like 1

Kittle could easily be tier 1...he was robbed of 2 TD's by 'phantom' flags and looked practically unguardable. Engram up that high. Welllll he finally did what they all expected him to do last year when OBJ was out games, and he didn't. I still have my hesitations with him honestly. Hockenson could seriously be tier 3 already.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Kittle could easily be tier 1...he was robbed of 2 TD's by 'phantom' flags

No.
His 1st phantom TD was clearly the result of #44 illegally clearing out Kittle's defender.
It was the right call.No phantom flag here.
The 2nd phantom TD  was on a call that a lineman was not on the LOS..
It is not in the video but it is very easy to see if someone does not line up correctly on the LoS. No phantom flag here either.

Edited by JCD

Standard Rankings

1. Travis Kelce

2. George Kittle

3. Zach Ertz

4. Evan Engram

5. Hunter Henry

6. OJ Howard

7. Darren Waller

8. Delanie Walker

9. TJ Hockenson

10. Mark Andrews

11. Jared Cook

12. David Njoku

14 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

5. Hunter Henry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053706/article/chargers-hunter-henry-suffered-left-knee-fracture

The Los Angeles Chargers tight end suffered a tibia plateau fracture to his left knee during Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts, the team announced in a statement Wednesday.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, Bringthesonicsback said:

My rankings:

On 9/10/2019 at 6:21 PM, Idoolittle said:

This is pretty accurate....

16 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Standard Rankings

1. Travis Kelce

2. George Kittle

3. Zach Ertz

4. Evan Engram

5. Hunter Henry

6. OJ Howard

7. Darren Waller

8. Delanie Walker

9. TJ Hockenson

10. Mark Andrews

11. Jared Cook

12. David Njoku

Just curious what makes you still so high on Howard? And were these rankings made before you found out about the Henry injury?

I’ll take a shot.  Standard Ranking

1 Kelce

2 Kittle

3 Ertz

4 Engram 

5 Hockenson

6 Waller

7 Howard

8 Njoku 

9 Cook

10 Walker

No Henry because of the injury but if healthy he slots in around the middle of that group 

5 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Just curious what makes you still so high on Howard? And were these rankings made before you found out about the Henry injury?

Maybe because it's been 1 week, and in that week they played a team great against the TE, and Winston had probably his worst outing he'll have all year.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Maybe because it's been 1 week, and in that week they played a team great against the TE, and Winston had probably his worst outing he'll have all year.

don't forget about the two TDs Brate got called back

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pbjfb said:

The same reasons I liked Howard 5 days ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The amount of people freaking out with recency bias against OJ Howard is hilarious. 

Dude was 2nd on the team with 5 targets (Godwin had 6). He caught 4 for 32 yards. A bad game but not that bad considering the offense has a rough day - Mike Evans was 2 rec 28 yards, Godwin led the team with 3 for 53.

Winston threw for 194 yards, his career average is 260 and actually over 270 the last 2 seasons... He's not throwing for 190 yards every week. Also the < Brate myth needs to stop... In the 3 games last year that Winston started that Howard played with him he produced each and every game collecting 13 rec, 196 yd, 2 td -- which over 16 is 69-1051-11. He plays very well with Winston because he's a great player.

Maybe you didn't like Howard coming into the year, that's cool -- but if you are changing your opinion of him after week 1, that's just ridiculous.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

The same reasons I liked Howard 5 days ago

Which are what?