pushaZ

Phillip Dorsett 2019 Outlook

On 10/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, jpark211 said:

Brady has to throw to somebody else other than Edelman. Think Dorsett is gonna post WR2 numbers this week, especially with Josh Gordon out.

White

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

He's fine. 

Phillip Dorsett injury: New England Patriots receiver expects to play Monday ‘I’ll be fine’ https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/10/phillip-dorsett-injury-new-england-patriots-receiver-expects-to-play-monday-ill-be-fine.html

Would it surprise anyone if this divisional game looked like the Bills v Pats game Mosley returning etc, Tough to trust anyone besides Edelman. I am going back and forth about whether to start him bye week binds agh. 

• Like 1

Also not overly confident with Dorsett.  I'm debating Lazard is MVS/Allison are out....Or even Pettis.

Looking back, it seems Dorsett has fared much better with the Pats at home from what I see than on the road.  This could easily be a game where Brady just peppers the RB's and JE with targets.  I just wonder what the ceiling is really like for Dorsett.  Most likely, it'll probably just be a 4 or 5 catch game for 50-60 yards and who knows if he finds the end zone.

Not to mention, there's probably some risk with that hamstring getting re-aggravated as those things always seem to be tricky.

So I don't know here.  I'm thinking I'll probably lean toward Lazard or Pettis. 

6 minutes ago, Bjames3 said:

Like this guy a lot, but now I'm confused on what to do with him, now that Sanu is in the picture. 

Yup, the Sanu trade basically derailed my excitement for him.

Dorsett is still a mainstay in 3 WR sets and is on some ridiculous catch rate streak with Brady's targets. He has clearly become a go-to guy.

WR is the toughest position to make an immediate impact after a trade. It will take a while for Sanu to integrate into the team. Also i heard on fantasy radio SAnu is an amazing blocker, which may be a reason they grabbed him. Not to mention, how healthy is Josh Gordon at this point? Hmm...

Don't drop Dorsett. Brady likes his guys and Dorsett has graduated to one of his guys. Dorsett is also a former 1st Rd pick from Miami.

4 minutes ago, Bjames3 said:

Like this guy a lot, but now I'm confused on what to do with him, now that Sanu is in the picture. 

My guess is he takes the field stretcher role over from Gordon.  Pats will have an uptick in 11 personnel going 3WR more than their current 49% or so,  Edelman will spend more time in the Z position yielding some slot snaps to Sanu and sometimes they'll both run out of the slot.  Jakobi Meyers isn't going away either and IMHO the snap counts for Dorsett won't go up huge although he might get some higher quality targets now.  Still a WR3/4 type that can have a periodic huge blowup game. 

Basically look how Sanu was used on the Falcons this year and Dorsett is going to play that role.  Sanu on the other hand is getting an upgrade to WR2/3 level player like what Calvin Ridley has played on the Falcons this year to date. 

With Gordon completely out of the mix Dorset should be a solid FLEX option for the ROS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

With Gordon completely out of the mix Dorset should be a solid FLEX option for the ROS

Harry is coming in Week 9 and soon he will replace Dorsett like Gordon would have if healthy.   

49 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Harry is coming in Week 9 and soon he will replace Dorsett like Gordon would have if healthy.   

The likelihood of Harry coming off an injury in his rookie season and having any sort of impact is pretty low. I'd be more worried about Edelman, White, and Sanu. Even then Dorsett should continue to get his RZ targets. The Pats seem to have specific plays scripted for him.

They’re schedule toughens up a lot now... Gordon just got put on IR. Dorsett knows the offense better than Sanu and Harry AND has performed this season (pretty well if you ask me). I think he slides into the Gordon role and Edelman/Sanu share the short throws and Dorsett makes the splash plays. Plus they have no tight ends that Brady trusts.

Theyre o line isn’t the greatest... will have to throw using they’re GOAT qb. 

I dont understand all the negativity in here right now. How is this anything but positive? Congratulations if you have him on your squad. You now have a weekly flex play with easy WR2 upside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FantasyGOAT said:

They’re schedule toughens up a lot now... Gordon just got put on IR. Dorsett knows the offense better than Sanu and Harry AND has performed this season (pretty well if you ask me). I think he slides into the Gordon role and Edelman/Sanu share the short throws and Dorsett makes the splash plays. Plus they have no tight ends that Brady trusts.

I dont understand all the negativity in here right now. How is this anything but positive? Congratulations if you have him on your squad. You now have a weekly flex play with easy WR2 upside.

Side note; that might not be the case anymore with Ben Watson. He got targeted 5 times in his first game, considerably more than their previous TEs were being targeted. It wouldn't be surprising at all if Watson becomes a significant part of their offense.

3 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

Side note; that might not be the case anymore with Ben Watson. He got targeted 5 times in his first game, considerably more than their previous TEs were being targeted. It wouldn't be surprising at all if Watson becomes a significant part of their offense.

Brady does love his tight end.

I think there is plenty of value going forward. Everyone has wanted to write him off, but he and Brady def have a good connection and he continues to see consistent snaps/usage. He is really the only outside WR they have currently.

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think there is plenty of value going forward. Everyone has wanted to write him off, but he and Brady def have a good connection and he continues to see consistent snaps/usage. He is really the only outside WR they have currently.

This, and if the Pats can fix the o-line a little, look out

15 hours ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Totally agree WR2/3

Thoughts on him going forward now with Gordon gone? He's on my league's waivers so just was curious.

Edited by jagsfan05

12 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Thoughts on him going forward now with Gordon gone? He's on my league's waivers so just was curious.

I like him. Has done well this year & gives NE a deep threat, while Sanu/Edelman get the short/intermediate. 

13 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I don't know. It's gonna get hairy when harry comes back and the addition of Sanu. If Dorsett goes off this week, I would recommend packaging him in a trade.  

Yeah I think he is a nice WR3 or deeper league flex...Brady trusts him and let's not pretend that Harry is gonna come in and steal his reps. His floor is steady enough but his blow up spots are tough to predict. Good BYE week guy to have at your disposal in the coming weeks for sure.