Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Russell Westbrook 2019-2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, yeet said:

What happened?

Bumped his knee, I think *might* be the one he had surgery on, but not sure. I'm hoping it's not too bad, it's a blowout anyway so he's likely not gonna return.

Edited by m1dday

4 fouls in the 1st quarter. 

Good job Russ. Good job MDA. Good job protecting your player. 

He had 5 good games to start the season off and then the rebounds/assists fell off. Come on man I wasted my first round pick on this guy (Points League).

at this rate i won't be surprised if he finished outside top 100..the rebs and assists are not there anymore but the TOs and inefficiencies are still there.

So far, he's averaging 22 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assist. 47% FG, 65% FT on low / medium volume ( not crippling; especially if you have a FT anchor ), 2 steals, and 5 turnovers. His efficiency went up and turnovers down. I don't know what y'all want from the dude.

It would be better if you just say you dislike Westbrook for reasons and trade him for Dillon Brooks.

Edited by Trench Mob

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

So far, he's averaging 22 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assist. 47% FG, 65% FT on low / medium volume ( not crippling; especially if you have a FT anchor ), 2 steals, and 5 turnovers. His efficiency went up and turnovers down. I don't know what y'all want from the dude.

It would be better if you just say you dislike Westbrook for reasons and trade him for Dillon Brooks.

His rebounds and assists are way down from where he started, that's where his value comes from. Nobody drafts him for FG/TO. His last 5 games had (2,5,7,8,4) rebounds and (2,4,2,6,6) assists respectively. Compare this to his first 5 games where he had (16,10,12,10,7) rebounds and (7,13,9,12,8) assists. He's averaging the same turnovers as last season as well. I'm hoping he can at least give us 22/8/8 with 2 steals, but who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Literally the last reason you draft Russ is for efficieny or turnovers. All his stats are down and he's been playing like a** the past 5 games. Hope he can turn it around.

I have no idea I have drafted Russell restbrook. It sucks. Every team thinks they can replicate successful champion formula of Toronto Raptors to rest their stars when needed but it’s not the case. 
With all these random load management and tons of injury, I’m already looking forward to next season fml

Edited by csklmf
  • Like 1

Just like Kawhi, Embiid, Zinger. The Rockets said he was going to be load managed. If you drafted not believing, well....

Morey noted the importance of ensuring both players are healthy and fresh come playoff time: "Yeah, it always is [part of the strategy]. We try not to label it. ... Yeah, it'll be a very put together plan by our staff throughout the season to have our guys peak in April."

1 hour ago, Dapro said:

When they going to rest Harden???

James Harden doesnt get rested

• Thanks 1

Instead of playing fantasy hoops this season I get to play try your absolute hardest to trade Russell Restbrook. Dudes been utter trash for 2 weeks straight now, was missing open layups all over the place tonight.

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Instead of playing fantasy hoops this season I get to play try your absolute hardest to trade Russell Restbrook. Dudes been utter trash for 2 weeks straight now, was missing open layups all over the place tonight.

No use trading him now, you'll get nothing. He's definitely better than this though, so I'd wait until he strings together a few decent games before shopping him.

Just now, yeet said:

No use trading him now, you'll get nothing. He's definitely better than this though, so I'd wait until he strings together a few decent games before shopping him.

At this point who knows if there are any decent games coming, after the first 5 games he's been terrible. Might as well try to trade him on name value while he still has any, since every trash game he puts up is just gonna sink his value lower and lower.

Obviously I'm not gonna trade him for nothing but I'll take pretty much any player drafted in the first 2.5 rounds at this point. And I'm in a points league and he's this bad, I really feel for 9-cat owners out there. 

Just now, stay_woke said:

At this point who knows if there are any decent games coming, after the first 5 games he's been terrible. Might as well try to trade him on name value while he still has any, since every trash game he puts up is just gonna sink his value lower and lower.

Obviously I'm not gonna trade him for nothing but I'll take pretty much any player drafted in the first 2.5 rounds at this point. And I'm in a points league and he's this bad, I really feel for 9-cat owners out there. 

Bro same, I'm in a point league and he's my first round pick lol

I was surprised at how easy I was able to trade him, he still definitely has a lot of name value especially if you play in points leagues.