Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Russell Westbrook 2019-2020 Outlook

This the best he's lookin in years. Back to no more launching 3's and just use God given explosiveness to do whatever. Go figure.

• Like 1

Russell Bestbrook. Took advantage of james harden’s slump. 
Reduced TO, improved FT, Sky rocketing FG (no pun intended) 

Sorry I placed doubt on you at the beginning of season. 

Edited by csklmf

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Former all star mvp getting disrespected, Giannis picked lowry over him rip

Fortunate he's the type of dude that doesn't really care about that stuff, because that's bullshite lol.

weird week. you'd think he'd have a crack at the B2B considering already missed one game this week. but if he were to miss one of them you would have thought it was going to be the first one for the thumb but obviously its very minor 

Man he looks tired. Thank goodness for this upcoming break.

14 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Man he looks tired. Thank goodness for this upcoming break.

If he’s tired and putting up 36/10/5 I’m ok with that

Over past 2 months, BBM has him 16th overall in 9 cat, and 8th overall in punt TO/8 cat

It seems more and more likely that the ~80% FT shooting is not an aberration, and that his out of nowhere 2 yr mid-career dip in OKC was the outlier

My only concern at this point is usage/fatigue and injury risk as he's playing with 25 yr old westbrook pace and intensity as a 31 year old. Aside from that, on the eye-test alone it looks like the Rockets have basically created the ideal fantasy environment for WB, as a mini-giannis with wide open lanes to the net with small ball spacing and 4 out shooters

Not to jinx it, but this is basically the 'best case' upside you could've hoped for when you got him anywhere between the late 2nd round to the 3rd.

50 minutes ago, blazeh said:

Over past 2 months, BBM has him 16th overall in 9 cat, and 8th overall in punt TO/8 cat

It seems more and more likely that the ~80% FT shooting is not an aberration, and that his out of nowhere 2 yr mid-career dip in OKC was the outlier

My only concern at this point is usage/fatigue and injury risk as he's playing with 25 yr old westbrook pace and intensity as a 31 year old. Aside from that, on the eye-test alone it looks like the Rockets have basically created the ideal fantasy environment for WB, as a mini-giannis with wide open lanes to the net with small ball spacing and 4 out shooters

Not to jinx it, but this is basically the 'best case' upside you could've hoped for when you got him anywhere between the late 2nd round to the 3rd.

I traded Shai, Dipo and Thomas Bryant for Westbrook and Derrick rose in January Then flipped Rose and Ish for Vanvleet. Shai owners kept laughing at me...now they're in hiding. 

Edited by blaze4g

UPDATE: Rockets PG Russell Westbrook (thumb) is OUT tonight vs. the Knicks.