potatoetree

Demarcus Robinson 2019 Outlook

All the experts slightly favor Hardman over Robinson.  I can't understand why.  Robinson is outproducing Hardman in their two full games:

Robinson - 9 / 215 / 3 TD

Hardman - 6 / 158 / 2 TD

It's really tough to figure out how the Lions are going to match up until we know if Slay is playing.

24 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

All the experts slightly favor Hardman over Robinson.  I can't understand why.  Robinson is outproducing Hardman in their two full games:

Hardman - 6 / 158 / 2 TD

It's really tough to figure out how the Lions are going to match up until we know if Slay is playing.

Darius Slay will be inactive

I think Denard Robinson has the potential to have a big game here.  Mahomes should have a lot of time in the pocket, based on the pass rush numbers

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbers/nfl-week-5-mismatch-manifesto

" QBs that could have all day to throw this week include Tom Brady, Chase Daniel and Patrick Mahomes. "  

You give Mahomes that much time, that gives deep threats like Robinson the chance for big plays.  I may play him over some bigger names, just for that kind of upside

On 9/29/2019 at 11:16 AM, Nap Time said:

Hardman - 6 / 158 / 2 TD

Hsrdman did have a long TD called back.

55 minutes ago, rocket said:

I think Denard Robinson has the potential to have a big game here.  Mahomes should have a lot of time in the pocket, based on the pass rush numbers

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbers/nfl-week-5-mismatch-manifesto

" QBs that could have all day to throw this week include Tom Brady, Chase Daniel and Patrick Mahomes. "  

You give Mahomes that much time, that gives deep threats like Robinson the chance for big plays.  I may play him over some bigger names, just for that kind of upside

But IND plays zone, which takes away big plays. And your link points out that "his history against zone-heavy defenses from last season suggests we might not see the Chiefs Offense function at their absolute best Sunday night"

16 minutes ago, coleporter said:

Hardman did have a long TD called back.

Robinson did too.

5 hours ago, Nap Time said:

But IND plays zone, which takes away big plays. And your link points out that "his history against zone-heavy defenses from last season suggests we might not see the Chiefs Offense function at their absolute best Sunday night"

Yeah, I saw that.  "Mahomes posted 256 yards-4 TDs-0 INT, 243-2-0, 314-3-0, 249-2-0, 273-3-0 and 278-0-0 passing lines against top-10 zone-heavy defenses in 2018" in that article.  No duds there.  Besides did they have a pass rush with the zone is the question?  Zone by itself won't stop Mahomes if he has a lot of time in the pocket.  Plus Colts have some injuries with their top defensive backs + Darius Leonard being out. 

"Colts will continue to be shorthanded for the third straight week. The following players have been ruled out for Sunday's game at Kansas City: S Clayton Geathers (concussion), S Malik Hooker (knee), LB Darius Leonard (concussion), DL Tyquan Lewis (ankle) and WR Parris Campbell (abdominal). Campbell had a surgical procedure and will be out for an undisclosed amount of time. This is the third straight game that Leonard will miss due to the concussion."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rocket said:

Yeah, I saw that.  "Mahomes posted 256 yards-4 TDs-0 INT, 243-2-0, 314-3-0, 249-2-0, 273-3-0 and 278-0-0 passing lines against top-10 zone-heavy defenses in 2018" in that article.  No duds there.  Besides did they have a pass rush with the zone is the question?  Zone by itself won't stop Mahomes if he has a lot of time in the pocket.  Plus Colts have some injuries with their top defensive backs + Darius Leonard being out. 

"Colts will continue to be shorthanded for the third straight week. The following players have been ruled out for Sunday's game at Kansas City: S Clayton Geathers (concussion), S Malik Hooker (knee), LB Darius Leonard (concussion), DL Tyquan Lewis (ankle) and WR Parris Campbell (abdominal). Campbell had a surgical procedure and will be out for an undisclosed amount of time. This is the third straight game that Leonard will miss due to the concussion."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts

I heard Leonard could clear protocol in time,  but it matters not.    If Mahomes isn’t having a bad day there’s going to be TDs raining on Indy’s faces.    Don’t know which Chefs wr benefits most but that’s part of the game when the qb can make anyone look like a star.  

Keep an eye on Sammy Watkins too.  He's been downgraded to questionable.  If he can't go, that means more targets to go around.

• Thanks 2

Yeah I’m firing this puppy up if Watkins sits for sure. Even with Tyreek coming back I feel like this guy is a all season hold for when Watkins gets hurt. Any possible Mahomies shares please 

Edited by LarryDavid

15 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Yeah I’m firing this puppy up if Watkins sits for sure. Even with Tyreek coming back I feel like this guy is a all season hold for when Watkins gets hurt. Any possible Mahomies shares please 

I agree. I feel every player on this team is almost worth a start. It's crazy

• Like 2

Deciding to toll with him. With Hill likely back next week, it might be the swan song. Hoping for an "i still matter" game.

• Thanks 1

Sunday nite shootout..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, altmin said:

To the bench for me I think. Too many mouths to feed. 

With Sammy out with shoulder and hamstring issues and Tyreek still not back officially... you're probably never going to have a better opportunity to start him than this next week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonasdash said:

With Sammy out with shoulder and hamstring issues and Tyreek still not back officially... you're probably never going to have a better opportunity to start him than this next week

I don’t know. Looks like pringles is his favorite target now. 

1 minute ago, jonasdash said:

One game doesn't mean a damn thing. 

Exactly. And Mahomes hasn't really settled one any single receiver outside of Tyreek and Watkins. Robinson remains as streaky as he was last season.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Exactly. And Mahomes hasn't really settled one any single receiver outside of Tyreek and Watkins. Robinson remains as streaky as he was last season.

Right... so if Tyreek and Watkins are both out next week, then 

you're probably never going to have a better opportunity to start him than this next week

Because he'll be one of the top WR's available to catch passes, as opposed to weeks when Tyreek and Watkins are back and maybe he's a 3rd WR, maybe he's in a rotation with Mecole and Pringle, maybe he's on the bench... 

All I'm saying is that if Tyreek and Watkins are out next week, it's your best chance to get production from Demarcus, thus benching him in that situation is not really a smart move. 

Edited by jonasdash