dfstout

Joey Slye 2019 Outlook

He played against SF.

They are a ball control offense and have a good defense.  They are a for real playoff team with loads of talent.  The Panthers ran into a buzzkill,   I am holding as he likely will do much better ROS.

• Like 1

I am officially done with this guy. Who cares if he gets all the opportunities in the world, he isn't converting enough of those opportunities to be worth rostering any longer. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:32 AM, Nyblazer11235 said:

As good as this guy has been I think he’s not so far ahead of the other kickers that he’s hold worthy through the bye in most leagues. 

He has only scored 8 more points then the second highest kicker in most formats and 19 more then the 10 highest scoring kicker.

For comparison, Greg Z from two years ago at this point of the season was 9 points higher then number 2, and 27 ahead of the tenth ranked kicker. He was averaging two more points per game more than Slye at this point of the season. 

🤔

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hero202 said:

He never deserved the Zuerlein treatment he was getting.  

If you're lucky, Greg the Leg may be available on your waivers right now as they were on a bye.

Time to move on from this guy.  So frustrating watching him either miss or CMC running the rock into the end zone.  That's not a good recipe for kicker success.

25 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

how many did he miss? I show he just missed a PAT. 

he missed a 49 yd shot early in the 4th qtr, iirc ... that was after the missed xp

Plus...there are some cheeses that smell like vomit.  Because of the butyric acid.

So if I walked into a house and smelled vomit, I might not want to leave before I checked the kitchen.

You all really talked up this guy and then I started to believe. I picked him up and he's been a disappointment. At this point I have to just keep him.

giphy.gif

denthero.gif?w=300

Edited by FitzMagic

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

You all really talked up this guy and then I started to believe. I picked him up and he's been a disappointment. At this point I have to just keep him.

giphy.gif

denthero.gif?w=300

You cursed him! You couldn't let us have our stud bullfrog now could you!? I blame you! 

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Take this opportunity to consider getting kickers removed from your league(s) for 2020.

and TE's

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

and Defenses while you're at it.  

NE D the first half this year definitely is questionable to the integrity of fantasy, but tough to eliminate D's 100% 

This is why y'all shouldn't start kicker threads.

Just stream the guy who plays for the best offense against the worst defense in decent weather or a dome available every week.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This is why y'all shouldn't start kicker threads.

Just stream the guy who plays for the best offense against the worst defense in decent weather or a dome available every week.

I've tried that and you end up with a guy getting 4 PATs.

I'm looking for a good kicker going against a defense that will stop the offense at around the 30 yard line.  It's a pretty complicated formula and I haven't quite figured it out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I've tried that and you end up with a guy getting 4 PATs.

I'm looking for a good kicker going against a defense that will stop the offense at around the 30 yard line.  It's a pretty complicated formula and I haven't quite figured it out.

No such animal for 16 games, unless you want to take a kicker in the 8th.

35 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

No such animal for 16 games, unless you want to take a kicker in the 8th.

It was this dude until the ghost of Aguayo got a hold of him. 

• Like 1