Dirty Little Birdie

Top 50 picks for 2019/2020 Points Leagues

So I've been researching the predicted rankings for points leagues and there is a ton of discrepancy on where each player should be drafted inside the top 50. Here are some links that provide "expert" insight on who should be drafted where. Anybody have personal rankings they'd like to contribute to this thread? Are there players that you feel should be drafted top 50 that these threads don't include in their predictions? 

https://www.fantraxhq.com/2019-20-top-150-fantasy-basketball-points-league-rankings/

https://hashtagbasketball.com/fantasy-basketball-points-league-rankings

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/26701339/way-too-early-2019-20-fantasy-hoops-points-ranks-no-1

https://www.fb-ninja.com/Ranking/

Good to have someone else doing points. Most people here are Roto.

I'll look at this when I get a chance. I'm still in the playoffs for baseball. So after that, I will get serious about basketball. 

Thanks for the links. - Rod

The problem with ranking players in points leagues is that settings are different depending on the league, unlike standard category leagues.

Mitchell Robinson could be a first round player under "official" NBA fantasy points scoring, but undraftable under CBS🤢 points scoring, for example.

• Like 2

I’ve also found that in nearly every points league that rebounds are overvalued and stocks undervalued.  So the few times I draft points leagues I just turn off the stocks filter in BBM and focus on bigs that rebound.  Eg I joined a 20 team auction dynasty points league this year just bc it was drafting over the summer and my core is: Westbrook, DeRozan, Pascal, Vuc, Drummond.  I think that’s really good, trying to max rebounds at every position.  Also, obv most points leagues efficiency is either undervalued or not counted at all.  So you can sometimes turn those filters off as well.  Basically go into BBM and only count points, rebounds, and assists...then based on your settings add the other cats your league is tracking.

Edited by StifleTower2

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’ve also found that in nearly every points league that rebounds are overvalued and stocks undervalued.  So the first times I draft points leagues I just turn off the stocks filter in BBM and focus on bigs that rebound.  Eg I joined a 20 team auction dynasty points league this year just bc it was drafting over the summer and my core is: Westbrook, DeRozan, Pascal, Vuc, Drummond.  I think that’s really good, trying to max rebounds at every position.  Also, obv most points leagues efficiency is either undervalued or not counted at all.  So you can sometimes turn those filters off as well.  Basically go into BBM and only count points, rebounds, and assists...then based on your settings add the other cats your league is tracking.

We have custom settings on ours where a rebound is worth 1 and stocks are worth 5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quazza said:

We have custom settings on ours where a rebound is worth 1 and stocks are worth 5. 

That’s better than what I’ve seen but still not reflective of the value of a stock in 9 cat.  In 9 cat the median is 15 points, 1.1 steals, and .6 blocks.  So a block is worth like 25ish points and a steal is worth around 14.  A points league will never reflect the worth of stocks in 9 cat because it would look absurd...which highlights how valuable stocks are in 9 cat.

• Like 3