Sign in to follow this  
wildcat62

Brook Lopez 2019-2020 Outlook

21 minutes ago, Blacklash2k4 said:

I have a love-hate relationship with Brook. He helps me win blocks, but he doesn't do anything else as well this year. I think he's shooting the worst percentage of his career right now. His shot has to come back right? 

Absolutely. No reason to think his shooting percentages won't regress toward the mean. 

4 minutes ago, dorwell said:

This guy is weird. You hate him and the next game he gives you 3 3s and 4 blocks.

It all averages out, I’ve accepted it 🤷🏻‍♂️ Easier to do in roto than H2H though.

• Like 1

Is BroLo's value in points league contingent on whether he hits his 3s? I'm wondering how useful he is in points leagues in comparison to category/roto formats.

5 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Is BroLo's value in points league contingent on whether he hits his 3s? I'm wondering how useful he is in points leagues in comparison to category/roto formats.

Maybe relevant in 14+ leagues. Currently not rosterable in my 12 team league

DATE OPP MIN PTS TRB AST BK ST TO FPTS
11/29 CLE 26 8 7 3 1 1 0 23
* 11/30 CHA - - - - - - - 0
* 12/2 NY - - - - - - - 0
12/4 DET 18 5 6 0 3 1 2 13
12/6 LAC 25 6 3 0 3 0 0 12
12/9 ORL 24 9 3 0 0 1 0 13
12/11 NO 25 9 5 3 1 0 2 19
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rabaak said:

Maybe relevant in 14+ leagues. Currently not rosterable in my 12 team league

DATE OPP MIN PTS TRB AST BK ST TO FPTS
11/29 CLE 26 8 7 3 1 1 0 23
* 11/30 CHA - - - - - - - 0
* 12/2 NY - - - - - - - 0
12/4 DET 18 5 6 0 3 1 2 13
12/6 LAC 25 6 3 0 3 0 0 12
12/9 ORL 24 9 3 0 0 1 0 13
12/11 NO 25 9 5 3 1 0 2 19

Lmfao this is only because you play in a points league. Play in a real 9 cat league first before you go around spewing out nonsense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toronto416ix said:

Lmfao this is only because you play in a points league. Play in a real 9 cat league first before you go around spewing out nonsense

I've played plenty of roto. Quit doing it because I got tired of rostering mediocre players to win categories like blocks and steals. Didn't really care for punting either. You may think roto is superior.  I think points leagues are better. Too each his own.

The OP was asking about points leagues, so I responded. It is not nonsense in a points league

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

whys he also got less attempts lately though?

He wasn't a high volume guy last season either. And they continue to blow out teams which is keeping his minutes down as others have already pointed out. Basically the Bucks don't need him to score all that much to be successful, but he remains a core component of the success of their overall offensive and defensive schemes.

Edited by flat_eric

Good game today. I don’t really care for his scoring as long as he can carve out enough 3PTA to do some work there.

Something like 11 pts 5 rpg 1 apg 0.7 spg 2.3 bpg 2.0 3ptm would be enough for me.

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1

his offensive game is pretty much non-existent, and it sucks even more when he's not even blocking shots playing and shooting so bad he don't even get starter minutes anymore. 

3 hours ago, WatchUrAnkle said:

OK I am officially concerned. Been pretty trash. At this point I'd rather own Bertans

Lol I traded Bertans for BroLo just as he went on his hot streak. The shot has got to start falling sooner or later.

I had Turner doing roughly what bro Lo's now turned into. For a side that's quite a high-scoring outfit, Bro Lo's percentages are Rafer Alston-esque or even in the Chris Duhon territory now, and without a block or steal today, it's the sort of line you'd just drop. One can't do that, he's been very good generally over the year. Surely he's just in a crappy slump and can get better? 

3 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

I had Turner doing roughly what bro Lo's now turned into. For a side that's quite a high-scoring outfit, Bro Lo's percentages are Rafer Alston-esque or even in the Chris Duhon territory now, and without a block or steal today, it's the sort of line you'd just drop. One can't do that, he's been very good generally over the year. Surely he's just in a crappy slump and can get better? 

He's currently shooting career low percentages. And given the situation playing outside Giannis who is constantly double teamed, my money is on those numbers reverting closer to the mean. 

Worth noting he is still returning top 70 value, in large part thanks to the blocks. 

• Thanks 1

I own him, and I'm a bit concerned. I think it's just a slump and he'll break out of it. The constant double teams on Giannis, will always give him open looks - he just needs to start making them. I kinda wish he took a few more trips down on the block, cause he can get whatever he wants down there, and he's a solid FT shooter.

I added him for my Punt AST squad, so hopefully he gets it going

Got dropped in my league. Blocks are nice but this has to be his worst shooting ever to start a year no? He is a big and under 40% 

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Got dropped in my league. Blocks are nice but this has to be his worst shooting ever to start a year no? He is a big and under 40% 

Well you just have to assume he will eventually get out of it. Crazy he was dropped though, he will be waivered by someone.

59 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Well you just have to assume he will eventually get out of it. Crazy he was dropped though, he will be waivered by someone.

Shallow league and most of the teams are pretty stacked and with the woeful shooting i cant see him getting picked up right now

18 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Lol I traded Bertans for BroLo just as he went on his hot streak. The shot has got to start falling sooner or later.

Straight up? If so props I still like BroLo's rest of the season outlook better. Unlike Blake Griffin, I see him turning it around and historically he performs slightly better post all star. 

image.thumb.png.69020505e5b4316995754645ca16c962.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WatchUrAnkle said:

Straight up? If so props I still like BroLo's rest of the season outlook better. Unlike Blake Griffin, I see him turning it around and historically he performs slightly better post all star. 

image.thumb.png.69020505e5b4316995754645ca16c962.png

Nah plus Garry Harris who I knew my opponent had a soft spot for after initially drafting him. Got to love a 2-for-1. 

• Like 1

Taking a chance and claiming him. You don’t suddenly become this bad. Last big I added on waivers (Mitch) has been good so far plus the LA revenge factor is too good to pass up

4 stl 3 blk 

revenge game or not, I will take this as a bounce back.

i guess only when bucks is playing a great team like lakers, coach bud is willing to play brolo 30+ minutes