Sign in to follow this  
wildcat62

Brook Lopez 2019-2020 Outlook

I've been super frustrated with his shooting this season in regards to FG% and 3's, and in turn his slight drop in points from last season. But after checking out his stats from the previous three seasons – when he really started to become a 3 point shooter – I'm optimistic.

His percentages since the 16-17 season when he started actually shooting 3's (not including this year): 46.5% FG on 12 attempts with 1.9 3s/gm on 5.3 attempts (35.4%). Now compared to this season, he's started with 38.2% FG on 8.5 attempts with 1.4 3s/gm on 4.8 attempts (only 29%). Those are pretty big dips. 

I totally expect his shooting to positively regress as the season goes on, and when he gets out of this slump, we'll be back in business with around 2 3s/gm on much better FG%, to go along with his already awesome stocks and low TOs. 

Now this is just based on numbers without actually have watched games. Do any Bucks fans or anyone who regularly watches their games have any input on whether this is just a shooting slump or if there's an underlying thing here like with how they're using him?

• Like 1

i benched him yesterday because he sucked so hard lately. guess this is karma coming back at me.

Edited by Maxemann

4 hours ago, theantishere said:

I've been super frustrated with his shooting this season in regards to FG% and 3's, and in turn his slight drop in points from last season. But after checking out his stats from the previous three seasons – when he really started to become a 3 point shooter – I'm optimistic.

His percentages since the 16-17 season when he started actually shooting 3's (not including this year): 46.5% FG on 12 attempts with 1.9 3s/gm on 5.3 attempts (35.4%). Now compared to this season, he's started with 38.2% FG on 8.5 attempts with 1.4 3s/gm on 4.8 attempts (only 29%). Those are pretty big dips. 

I totally expect his shooting to positively regress as the season goes on, and when he gets out of this slump, we'll be back in business with around 2 3s/gm on much better FG%, to go along with his already awesome stocks and low TOs. 

Now this is just based on numbers without actually have watched games. Do any Bucks fans or anyone who regularly watches their games have any input on whether this is just a shooting slump or if there's an underlying thing here like with how they're using him?

Great analysis. My thoughts are that as a shooter, he needs to get in rhythm, which is hard to do when the bucks keep blowing everyone out keeping his minutes low. 

Opponent was leading me by 9 blocks yesterday. I gave up on that category and streamed some 3 pointers to try and win that cat. Lopez decided he would do it all by himself to make me win the block cat this week lol

10 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Dude is a ghost today! Joining OG. Turned invisible for Christmas.

What did you expect? It’s the Giannis and Embiid show there’s no point in anyone else playing 

I am used to his absence of usage, as long as someone actually passes him the ball occasionally, he has been good after a dead patch a week or so ago. 

I'm less sanguine about this half time outcome. Blowout city, Bro Lo with 4 missed shots, a couple of boards and a solitary block. If Milwaukee haven't complete Fed-exed this result in already, he's not likely to see too much more time to add to this dud. Which he does tend to do now and then, but a thoroughly disappointing outcome from a side that up till now has been almost the best performed in the comp.

He lost a call on another block too..good lord