wendellrott

2019 IDP Discussion

Can someone help me with the IDP play on BAL? @FollowTheLeader@PizzaBeerFF or anyone??

I am rolling with them ROS and I am really having a difficult time figuring out who stays on the field most. Tackles are key but it seems like they really rotate, so might be just worth going upside on Judon?? Maybe Chuck Clark?

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Can someone help me with the IDP play on BAL? @FollowTheLeader@PizzaBeerFF or anyone??

I am rolling with them ROS and I am really having a difficult time figuring out who stays on the field most. Tackles are key but it seems like they really rotate, so might be just worth going upside on Judon?? Maybe Chuck Clark?

IMHO Peters or Judon are the play.

Judon's snap count has remained between 76-87% all season, yet he has put up some very low numbers at times. Peters doesn't come off the field and has displayed more upside.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I am moving on from BUF D/ST and turning to BAL rest of season...anyone know where I can see their defensive player snap %s? No clue who they IDP on BAL is the play? Judon had a game last week, but hate chasing. Thanks if anyone can assist!

Peters. He will have benefit of cheating knowing teams will more often than not be in pass Mode trying to catch up. Big play ability. Hopefully your format rewards that.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

But if you are tackle heavy then I would forward you to Indy d. 

Much appreciate the advice @FollowTheLeader and @PizzaBeerFF!!

It is an interesting style of league, where as we are forced to start an IDP only from the D/ST that we deploy as our starting unit on a given week.

Very limited D/ST's available for streaming (16 team league), mostly because it is more valuable to have a sure-fire IDP starter than gambling on a D's matchup.

Creates a lot of strategy, esp this time of year...

IDP scoring is: 1 pt per tackle/.5 per half/.5 per pass defended/2 for FF or FR/ 3 for a INT/ 2 for a sack and 8 for a TD

I like that Marcus Peters seems to post some decent tackles numbers, as team would rather attack his side than Hump, plus he has big play ability.

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Much appreciate the advice @FollowTheLeader and @PizzaBeerFF!!

It is an interesting style of league, where as we are forced to start an IDP only from the D/ST that we deploy as our starting unit on a given week.

Very limited D/ST's available for streaming (16 team league), mostly because it is more valuable to have a sure-fire IDP starter than gambling on a D's matchup.

Creates a lot of strategy, esp this time of year...

IDP scoring is: 1 pt per tackle/.5 per half/.5 per pass defended/2 for FF or FR/ 3 for a INT/ 2 for a sack and 8 for a TD

I like that Marcus Peters seems to post some decent tackles numbers, as team would rather attack his side than Hump, plus he has big play ability.

If you are IDP what are your others options? I think I speak for most, you should divorce great IDP from team. It is hard to answer your questions for this reason. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

If you are IDP what are your others options? I think I speak for most, you should divorce great IDP from team. It is hard to answer your questions for this reason. 

Yeah I totally understand how most IDP leagues work and this is a different animal. I do appreciate your responses @PizzaBeerFF!

I was able to throw a wrench into my plans by coming away with ARI D/ST now, didn't think I'd have the cash but it went thru after they were dropped last week.

Opens up much better IDP options, just have to weigh:

A pretty awesome BAL D/ST (avg 9.5 pts /WK) with an ok matchup at home v SF and lesser IDP options in Peters or Judon

Vs.

An ok unit in ARI D/ST (avg 5 pts /WK) with decent to good matchup at home v shell-shocked Rams (on short week) and outstanding IDP options in Hicks or Baker

*Also I normally wouldn't being asking so much, but with 16 teams, our playoffs start this week*

Derwin James could be picked up and stashed in IR slot or added to bench. Chargers activated his three week window and he is back at practice. Also on that same team is Adrian Phillips close to returning as well. Chargers defense would get a serious boost with both all pros safeties coming back.

I just can't get the IDP correct week-to-week! I was lucky to survive 1pt from ARI D/ST and a lousy 4pt day from Hicks, nobody on the BAL D/ST would have made a big difference though either. So I jettisoned ARI and grabbed TB D/ST, as they are at least playing pretty good at the moment and I don't hate the matchup with IND this week. Now I have to decide between L David or the stud rookie Devin White...any thoughts there?? It's paramount I maximize this week!

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I just can't get the IDP correct week-to-week! I was lucky to survive 1pt from ARI D/ST and a lousy 4pt day from Hicks, nobody on the BAL D/ST would have made a big difference though either. So I jettisoned ARI and grabbed TB D/ST, as they are at least playing pretty good at the moment and I don't hate the matchup with IND this week. Now I have to decide between L David or the stud rookie Devin White...any thoughts there?? It's paramount I maximize this week!

david and white are almost neck-and-neck, though david is in the 6-9 tackle range and white's avg slightly higher 7-10.

thing is, white's being playing hard and he's racked up more of the non-tackling stats. for IDP, TDs are especially fluky, but white's also had his hand on forcing fumbles, sacks, ints, pass def (and with david's more recent performances only the latter). while it's hard to predict between two everydown LBs on the same team, white's been outstandingly solid after returning from his 3-week injury. both will see heavy tackling hosting the colts, though i imagine the colts' line to stave off sacks. my money is on white. hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

david and white are almost neck-and-neck, though david is in the 6-9 tackle range and white's avg slightly higher 7-10.

thing is, white's being playing hard and he's racked up more of the non-tackling stats. for IDP, TDs are especially fluky, but white's also had his hand on forcing fumbles, sacks, ints, pass def (and with david's more recent performances only the latter). while it's hard to predict between two everydown LBs on the same team, white's been outstandingly solid after returning from his 3-week injury. both will see heavy tackling hosting the colts, though i imagine the colts' line to stave off sacks. my money is on white. hope this helps.

Thanks very much! Def not chasing last weeks TD...he had a whopping 18 pts in my league, but take out the TD and 12 pts is awfully great and something I'd kill for at this point.

Need every point I can get.  Currently have Justin Houston vs NO this week.   NO gives up the least points to the DE position.   On my waiver wire is Frank Clark vs Den and Matt Ioannidis.   Who do you guys think is the better play ? 

start 2 of...

Fred Warner

Luke Kuechly

Devin White

Please think about how theyve been doing. everyone seems to automatically say Kuechly but he hasnt done much second half of this season

Tackle - 1pt Assist - 0.5pt Sack - 2 pt Int - 3pt FF - 3pt FR - 2pt D TD - 6pt Safety - 3pt Pass deflect - 1 pt TFL - 1 pt

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, smash10033 said:

Need every point I can get.  Currently have Justin Houston vs NO this week.   NO gives up the least points to the DE position.   On my waiver wire is Frank Clark vs Den and Matt Ioannidis.   Who do you guys think is the better play ? 

Clark or Ioannidis over Houston, and Ioannidis over Clark due to week 15 match-ups.

19 hours ago, Polluticorn said:

start 2 of...

Fred Warner

Luke Kuechly

Devin White

Warner and White, due to week 15 match-ups.

Wow, they stat corrected Devin White and awarded 2 more half tackles...took me from a .31 loss to a W!

Now I have to decide between starting TB D/ST and White or BAL D/ST tonight and one of their IDP--likely Judon or Peters?!

Opinions are appreciated @FollowTheLeader or anyone!!

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Wow, they stat corrected Devin White and awarded 2 more half tackles...took me from a .31 loss to a W!

Now I have to decide between starting TB D/ST and White or BAL D/ST tonight and one of their IDP--likely Judon or Peters?!

Opinions are appreciated @FollowTheLeader or anyone!!

TB and White.

• Thanks 1

Devin White now Q with an illness...jeez

I am assuming the obv pivot is to the other LB David over Whitehead or Shaq Barrett ?

On 12/14/2019 at 11:53 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I am assuming the obv pivot is to the other LB David over Whitehead or Shaq Barrett ?

I have Todd Davis on the bench. Seems like he is playing. I hope they only declare him active if he can take all snaps. 

I’m thinking to leave Davis in my starting line up. Late week illness tag could mean emergency only and snap count reductions.

My crew in all leagues has been decimated by injuries. Now flu on top of it... 

if if I get one championship I am happy. Two ecstatic. Three and I need a real damn a** medal.

i went from sure thing to rag tag in a hurry.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:53 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

If you have Barrett then play him. Not available here. Or Todd Davis if he is there for you.

I AM still on the fence and considering playing White. But I will probably roll safe. I will make last second decision. 

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

If you have Barrett then play him. Not available here. Or Todd Davis if he is there for you.

I AM still on the fence and considering playing White. But I will probably roll safe. I will make last second decision. 

I think am I sticking with White...I have to play someone from Tampa D, so I can pivot to L David or Shaq B but I think White has the ceiling today?

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think am I sticking with White...I have to play someone from Tampa D, so I can pivot to L David or Shaq B but I think White has the ceiling today?

Sorry I mean shaq Thompson. 

I forgot got you are tied to team d. 

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think I would go safe and steady with David. This kind of hedges your bets. Saturday designation for White means he’s not probably playing all downs. I think a safe play is David.

• Thanks 1