IcemanIL

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook

55 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

PG think he in nba 2k 20 on the pc where you can hack the game lol..last two games been unreal.

Gonna need to take a Top 5 guy to get PG off my hands. The bummy trades offer have been coming in non stop lol. 

In one of my other leagues I managed to get him for Jimmy after his first game.

PG is going to be top 3 at the Small forward position and a top 7 player. You heard it here first.

Edited by WhiskerFrisker

7 hours ago, fabrar said:

Sell high for who? PG was a top 5 player last year and if these games are any indication he might be reaching that rank again, especially if kawhi keeps sitting games. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, fantasm said:

kawhi's out again tonight ninjas

Playoff P time

I dont want playoff P, I want regular season P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only gets 6 points in 7 minutes so far. Damn I knew he is a fluke.

Jokes aside, I recall last year he started to trend down after All-star break. Was is related to his shoulder or just fatigue? Just wondering if he could remain in top-10 value consistently ROS.

6 hours ago, ayowaya said:

Only gets 6 points in 7 minutes so far. Damn I knew he is a fluke.

Jokes aside, I recall last year he started to trend down after All-star break. Was is related to his shoulder or just fatigue? Just wondering if he could remain in top-10 value consistently ROS.

He said himself it was cause his shoulders were sore. Having them feel the best they ever felt will only make him play better, he wont get the same stats as last year but he will be easily a 2nd round maybe late first if the defensive stats come through.

1 hour ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

Shooting bricks but I'll take those steals and 3s

He started the season so hot, it was bound to even out

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

He started the season so hot, it was bound to even out

Career 43% shooter so that was to be expected. As long as the steals keep coming and he makes 40% of his 3's, we're in for a good good year. 

Yeah hot and cold shooting is par for the course for PG and he's never had particularly high fg%. All good though, as long as he keeps the high scoring, 3s and steals coming I'm happy. The rebounds will come and it actually looks like he'll be getting some dimes this year as LAC doesn't really have any true playmakers 

lol just traded back for him mid last night. bring on the 3s baby and them steals.

hoping for PG of like february januaray last year where he shot 500 for liek the month lol

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

Damn homie! Your shot is broken!!! Maybe, take it to the hole.

Edited by Taipan

So the concerns for rest were overblown. He can still get some occasional rest here and there, it might even happen tonight that both him and Kawhi take the night off, but he doesn't seem to be really limited in any way.

This guy was a steal in late 2nd-early 3rd.

• Thanks 1

Damn yall, I watched almost all of his last 3 games (to be fair, I haven't seen any of his games when he's at his best this season though), and it was EXTREMELY cringy to watch him on offense.  I'm just going to be honest -- I felt like I was watching a rookie that had no experience whatsoever on offense for most of these last three games.  The times he chose to take a shot were forced and the shot usually came up as a terrible miss; the majority of the time he chose to drive to the basket he couldn't do anything/couldn't finish to save his life, and the best he could hope for is to get bailed out by the refs.  There were also quite a few times where he drove to the basket and then stopped and looked like a deer in the headlights who had never drove to the basket in the NBA before.

Again I know that sounds extremely harsh, and again it was only 3 games, but I just wanted to write it here to see if the 3 games I saw were an aberration, or if he has been showing some of those problems throughout the season, but has been getting saved by stat stuffing.

I wouldn't usually get worried about a guy like PG having a week of bad games, if it wasn't for the fact that I saw these problems with an eye test and not just a box score.  And I will say his defense looked phenomenal in all 3 games, but again the offense was very bad.  Just feel like people may be overrating him.

Edited by sld12

4 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Damn yall, I watched almost all of his last 3 games (to be fair, I haven't seen any of his games when he's at his best this season though), and it was EXTREMELY cringy to watch him on offense.  I'm just going to be honest -- I felt like I was watching a rookie that had no experience whatsoever on offense for most of these last three games.  The times he chose to take a shot were forced and the shot usually came up as a terrible miss; the majority of the time he chose to drive to the basket he couldn't do anything/couldn't finish to save his life, and the best he could hope for is to get bailed out by the refs.  There were also quite a few times where he drove to the basket and then stopped and looked like a deer in the headlights who had never drove to the basket in the NBA before.

Again I know that sounds extremely harsh, and again it was only 3 games, but I just wanted to write it here to see if the 3 games I saw were an aberration, or if he has been showing some of those problems throughout the season, but has been getting saved by stat stuffing.

I wouldn't usually get worried about a guy like PG having a week of bad games, if it wasn't for the fact that I saw these problems with an eye test and not just a box score.  And I will say his defense looked phenomenal in all 3 games, but again the offense was very bad.  Just feel like people may be overrating him.

He was making those shots before when he dropped 27, 24, 34. Unfortunately that's the kind of player he is. He takes shots that makes you cringe but when he makes them consistently, it's silky smooth.

Honestly, I think it’s the Kawhi ball-dominance effect.  Very rarely do you see the ball go from Kawhi to PG and whenever PG does touch the ball, you’ll see him make one of those head-scratching plays.  Doc hasn’t found a way to integrate both guys yet and they take turns trying to score just like when PG played with Russ.  As a PG owner, I haven’t been impressed with his play either despite his current ranking.

Edited by Taipan

6 hours ago, sld12 said:

Relax, he had a lot on his plate defensively as his main assignment was LeBron - whi he did a fantastic job defending. He's been really great otherwise. 

• Like 1