IcemanIL

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Damn I’m so excited. Early return! 

How are my fellow PG owners doing so far? We been without our 2nd rder for couple weeks now 😕

This would def shake up standings a bit: Struggling teams are going to get a nice boost, middling teams on way to being big dogs, and if your dominating without him...ship ship? Lol  

i was holding, but got an offer i couldn't refuse for jimmy and OG. i wish him well, but sucks to see leonard missing back to backs and random games. pg will kill it this year

Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i was holding, but got an offer i couldn't refuse for jimmy and OG. i wish him well, but sucks to see leonard missing back to backs and random games. pg will kill it this year

Great return for PG. Can’t fault ya there, I think I would take that as well. 

19 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

How are my fellow PG owners doing so far? We been without our 2nd rder for couple weeks now 😕

This would def shake up standings a bit: Struggling teams are going to get a nice boost, middling teams on way to being big dogs, and if your dominating without him...ship ship? Lol  

I'm 7th out of 10th in my roto league, but everyone sis pretty closely matched. Hoping PG coming back changes things for me a bit haha. I also have Ayton out so that's affecting me quite a bit too. 

• Like 1

just traded Booker and Lou Will for PG and Jabari....hope I did okay!

• Like 1

Excited to have him back.  He’s my third best player in a 16 team league (stars and scubs strategy) and I’m hoping he can push me over the top.  I’ve kept above .500 with him out and just happy he’s getting there!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

16 team H2H.  I think I’ll be 15-12 at the end of this week.  So I’ve managed ok 👌 and I hope he’s that extra oomph I need!

• Like 1

Great news.....lost my first 2 matchups 4-5 by one mere category. i need him back

• Like 1

It's my first year having him so I'm excited to see how he does since I got him for cheap. I played against PG last year and he was a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by WhiskerFrisker
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

It's my first year having him so I'm excited to see how he does since I got him for cheap. I played against PG last year and he was a force to be reckoned with.

I think even with the injury he'll put up top 10 numbers. Expect something like 25/7/3 with 3+ triples and 2 steals. 45ish fg and 85+ ft. He'll be amazing, one of my favourite fantasy and real life players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Lol I see you in the same forum I'm in. We must have similar teams. I drafted about 2 days ago and drafted PG at 17. Didn't really have to wait much at all, hopefully it works out.

Edited by blabety
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, blabety said:

Lol I see you in the same forum I'm in. We must have similar teams. I drafted about 2 days ago and drafted PG at 17. Didn't really have to wait much at all, hopefully it works out.

That’s likely a steal if you’re only missing him for two weeks.  

What does everyone think about PG this year? Is he going to have load management or is that just a Kawhi thing? I'm hoping they don't just switch games they play in, that would ruin team chemistry. 

Best case scenario is Kawhi brought in PG knowing that he needed to carry the Clips whenever Kawhi needed to load manage. Hopefully his shoulder is fine from now on.

2 minutes ago, blabety said:

What does everyone think about PG this year? Is he going to have load management or is that just a Kawhi thing? I'm hoping they don't just switch games they play in, that would ruin team chemistry. 

Best case scenario is Kawhi brought in PG knowing that he needed to carry the Clips whenever Kawhi needed to load manage. Hopefully his shoulder is fine from now on.

I think he will miss a few games for load management, likely alternating back to backs with Kawhi.  I’d put the over/under at 60 games played.  I don’t think he will be top 3 again as that’s his best year. But he’s been consistently top 10.  So 60 games of top 10 value.  

• Like 1

I took PG around 23 (amazing value) after getting Kyrie at 17 in a 20 team league with 10 man rosters.

Unfortunately I traded a red hot Kyrie for Curry literally just before the injury - so I needed this news. If PG can get back to something approaching 2018-19 form then maybe I can stay in the playoff hunt before Curry gets back.

Let's go!

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IDatDude said:

I've been making a lot of moves and I think I'm fairly comfortable with where my team will be when he comes back, although right now I'm getting like 4-5 in my first 3 matchups so far...

3 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Hallelujah! Please come and save me Based PG! 

• Like 1