Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

This thread has become a circle jerk of "JJJ is a bum" comments. 

He's young, it's a long season. Owners are going to have to be patient with him. The upside is there. 

As for the comparison's to Clarke, honestly, I'm not sure it's all that fair. Clarke played 3 collegiate seasons and he's 3 or 4 years older than JJJ. He's game just looks more refined at this point. But he doesn't have the ceiling. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tremixt said:

This thread has become a circle jerk of "JJJ is a bum" comments. 

He's young, it's a long season. Owners are going to have to be patient with him. The upside is there. 

As for the comparison's to Clarke, honestly, I'm not sure it's all that fair. Clarke played 3 collegiate seasons and he's 3 or 4 years older than JJJ. He's game just looks more refined at this point. But he doesn't have the ceiling. 

with all due respect, JJJ's foul trouble issue should have been lesser than last year's. but it seems that it's going to be his most consistent talent affecting his capability to achieve that "upside". so no, he's not going to be the guy we're expecting.

1 minute ago, MrBean said:

with all due respect, JJJ's foul trouble issue should have been lesser than last year's. but it seems that it's going to be his most consistent talent affecting his capability to achieve that "upside". so no, he's not going to be the guy we're expecting.

This is your analysis? 7 games into his second NBA season at age 20, his foul rate is going to prevent him from achieving his upside? Ok. Sure. It's something that can't be improved on. You're right. 

Just a reminder, foul trouble is something that is quite common for a young bigs. Especially those that are this inexperienced. 

I'm not saying he's a guarantee. I am saying, he's flashed enough for us to remain patient with him. Seriously, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tremixt said:

This is your analysis? 7 games into his second NBA season at age 20, his foul rate is going to prevent him from achieving his upside? Ok. Sure. It's something that can't be improved on. You're right. 

Just a reminder, foul trouble is something that is quite common for a young bigs. Especially those that are this inexperienced. 

I'm not saying he's a guarantee. I am saying, he's flashed enough for us to remain patient with him. Seriously, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. 

Then he shouldnt have frigging gone to the nba....guy sucks. Go back to college ball for 2 more years 

17 minutes ago, tremixt said:

for JJJ's sake, i truly want to believe you. but i ain't patient enough for this guy...... hope i'm wrong 

He's very immature, lets his poor play and fouls gets to him QUICKLY.

If it's anything he needs to learn from the other young guys like Morant and Clarke... just play hard and play smart. He doesn't even need to lead the team in points. He's trying to force the issue.

Good thing is he started out flat last year like this as well.

Ugh JJJ is gonna be a headache to own again. Glad I only have him in one league.

Hoping for the best but it doesn’t look like any of his foul issues were fixed this offseason.

22 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I can trade for this guy with a bag of chips and still be fleeced

The bigger question here is what kinda chips we talking huh ? 

So how low are owners willing to sell for? Thinking of floating TJ buckets for him in a points league as a starting point.

Looking to buy low but I haven't watched him play at all this year. Is it just the fouls that keep him from reaching his potential? Or does he just look bad out there?

2 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Looking to buy low but I haven't watched him play at all this year. Is it just the fouls that keep him from reaching his potential? Or does he just look bad out there?

As a JJJ owner, I'll admit that I would probably bite on any trade offered to me at this point.

To summarize this thread and answer your question though.. it's his bad plays that lead to foul trouble which prevents him from staying on the floor which gives him less opportunities to develop his game more which is why he sucks. 

He's 20, so there's upside though?

9 hours ago, theantishere said:

I notice that when his shot isn't dropping, he'll get frustrated and start playing sloppy on defense, and he plays sloppy to begin with. He needs to control his boneheaded fouls because he has a great defensive presence and he could legit average 2 blocks a game. He's also a passable shooter and good post player, but he has no chance to develop those skills and improve if he's playing 20 minutes a night. I don't know if he just doesn't 'get' it, but (like many others in this thread I presume) I burned a early-mid round pick on him and I'm going to stick with him through the season unless I get a generous offer. I think he'll figure it out as he goes long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattYank922 said:

In a 14 team league and had the 13th pick...So I picked JJJ in the 3rd round Thinking there was a lot of upside. Well? I’m ****** now 😕

In the one league I had him I panicked on back-to-back picks and grabbed him at 32 because I liked his game/upside.

Time to ride it out and hope for the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

In the one league I had him I panicked on back-to-back picks and grabbed him at 32 because I liked his game/upside.

Time to ride it out and hope for the best.

exactly this. everyone grabbed him in the 3rd-4th round unless you playing in crap leagues, so the only thing you can do is hope. You can't/won't sell low yet 

• Like 1

Just now, vyun said:

I dropped JJJ for John Collins BEFORE the latter got caught on PEDs. And I have absolutely no regrets about it, and would 100% do it again even if I found out about the 25 game suspension beforehand

1. We don't care about what you did with your team. These threads are for analysis of the players.

2. The fact that John Collins was available on the wire before he got caught with PED's means you must be in a 2 team league because Collins was drafted everywhere within the first 4 or 5 rounds. 

3. Refer to point 1, based on your post, no one will care about your analysis of JJJ or whether you would drop him again. To be honest, in a league like the one you are discussing, it's probably a free league with a few of your buddies which is cool and all, but that is not relevant to any of us that play in competitive leagues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I truly feel like I may have blown my chances at winning the league with JJJ. What are realistic Expectations for his averages this year if Brandon Clarke emerges even more ?