Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

God oh god please let JJJ be a super star ! Please oh god please. Doesn’t have to be this year but atleast by next year!

1 hour ago, MattYank922 said:

I truly feel like I may have blown my chances at winning the league with JJJ. What are realistic Expectations for his averages this year if Brandon Clarke emerges even more ?

I did the same in round 5 when I picked Rozier over Brogdan and Sabonis. Yikes. In fact, I'm better off if Rozier gets injured, atleast then Graham would blow up into a top 10 guy! With JJJ, it's pretty much the same. If you have Clarke too, your better off if JJJ gets hurt 

2 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I did the same in round 5 when I picked Rozier over Brogdan and Sabonis. Yikes. In fact, I'm better off if Rozier gets injured, atleast then Graham would blow up into a top 10 guy! With JJJ, it's pretty much the same. If you have Clarke too, your better off if JJJ gets hurt 

Oh ya? Clarke is just going to take over because JJJ has played like s--- to start the season? For like what 7 games? JJJ is mainly not putting up stats because of the fouls, last season he started the same way and his owners were dropping him all over the place. He then got into a groove and played great for stretches. We hoped there wouldnt be the same type of down period and trouble with fouls being a year more experienced, but it seems like that is definitely not out of the way yet. I still am confident that JJJ will be very strong down the road and when you need him most in 2nd half of season he will be a monster. Clarke doesn't even get big minutes when JJJ is not on the court, I don't have the slightest worry about Clarke stealing JJJ's minutes or stats. 

1 hour ago, vyun said:

I'd be astonished if he has season averages above 15p 7r 1.5b 1three. Not terrible, and in fact, pretty good, but nowhere near what anyone was expecting when they drafted him. Let's be real, we were all imagining 18 9 with 2b 1.5s 1.5threes

so.... top 5 overall value. 

2 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Top 5 sounds a bit exaggerated but I think I hoped for a stat line similar to that as well.  

maybe a little but KAt was top 5 overall 2 years ago with a 21/12 1.5 three, 2.2 stocks. so depending on JJJ hypothetical 18/9 3.5 stocks 1.5 three upside it would come down to his %.

anyways now Ik why I didn't get JJJ on any team. people expecting/picturing  some crazy season avgs.

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

2 fouls, 1 quarter.

His goal should be to make it thru the first quarter without getting in foul trouble.  

I think a lot of us who drafted him were on the same boat. I liked that fact that he had a great rookie year with stats across the board. His stats seemed to improve month by month:

image.png.6112fc1f167e1e39081198f1f5d29ed2.png

Even his fouling rate improved.

He was expected to have a huge increase in minutes after his great rookie campaign. He has the green light to blow up which is why I'm still holding on. The opportunity for him to turn it around is still there.

This offense is horrendous to watch they just run and chuck but it has no structure or flow. They just try to emulate pace without actually thinking through the way they’re trying to score. Guys are Willy nilly running down court throwing up floaters against 3 defenders and passing it to JV for threes. 

in the mean time one of their best inside outside options in JJJ hasn’t received a single scoring opportunity, they’re just using him to hand off so brooks and crowder can shoot.

I love a pace offense, but the entire point is to catch the defense when it isn’t set and to exploit mismatches down court or to get mobile bigs running ahead of the pack. Not to give consistently bad looks to your worst shooters.

it worked against Minny because they suck on defense.

• Like 1

Everytime he is defending I feel like a foul is coming. Can someone teach this guy how to defend properly? If you have to foul to defend then your defense sucks . 

15 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

This offense is horrendous to watch they just run and chuck but it has no structure or flow. They just try to emulate pace without actually thinking through the way they’re trying to score. Guys are Willy nilly running down court throwing up floaters against 3 defenders and passing it to JV for threes. 

in the mean time one of their best inside outside options in JJJ hasn’t received a single scoring opportunity, they’re just using him to hand off so brooks and crowder can shoot.

I love a pace offense, but the entire point is to catch the defense when it isn’t set and to exploit mismatches down court or to get mobile bigs running ahead of the pack. Not to give consistently bad looks to your worst shooters.

The coach sucks, he's playing like a 12 man rotation when he should be developing his STAR players... JJJ and Morant. But instead, he has all these players trying to make a name for themselves and chuck up shots. I fell for the bait as well, expecting JJJ to take the next level but last year he had good vets (Conley and Gasol) around him that allowed him to show us what he can do.  I just hope he can average 15pts 7 rebs and 1-2 blks now.. 

17 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

So true. Brooks seems like a 6'6 Wiggins in the making. There were easily 4-5 times JJJ was expecting a pass in good position and Brooks does his own thing, complete tunnel vision.

Also, JJJ should not be playing PF in today's NBA. He's a center, geniuses. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royloi said:

So true. Brooks seems like a 6'6 Wiggins in the making. There were easily 4-5 times JJJ was expecting a pass in good position and Brooks does his own thing, complete tunnel vision.

Also, JJJ should not be playing PF in today's NBA. He's a center, geniuses. 

Agreed. JV clogs the paint, JJJ should be operating from there. SMH

5 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

how is the chemistry between morant and JJJ?  Morant just racking up mad turnovers.  Is he not finding JJJ in the right spots?

Seems alright, they just run no action for JJJ.

Everyone else on that team fumbles 50% of the decent-good passes from Morant.

7 minutes ago, Royloi said:

Seems alright, they just run no action for JJJ.

Everyone else on that team fumbles 50% of the decent-good passes from Morant.

Yeah, Morant actually has great court vision. Another factor to his high turnovers is his fancy passing which I think is unnecessary, but it's fun to watch. I think his teammates, including JJJ, will eventually pick up the way he plays and expect his passes coming.

Edit: Also, what a comeback by Memphis from a horrible Q1. They've outscored Orl 26-9 so far this quarter!

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

They need to get rid of Dillon. Guy just jacks up shots when he should be passing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nir said:

They need to get rid of Dillon. Guy just jacks up shots when he should be passing.

Amen to that

Looks like he’s off to a good start. Watch he puts up a line reminding everyone why they drafted him early.

13 minutes ago, mmart_ph said:

His most notable stat is he only has 1 foul after 2 quarters 🤣

Yup. That’s the only stat I like so far.