Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

You guys are too impatient. Only a matter of time before he puts it together and gets confidence then the big lines will be coming regularly and most of the owners in here will have big regrets. 

I m getting tired of seeing these empty stat lines whenever I check his stats. 8 min played 0 everything. Atleast 0 fouls. I guess he really can’t get any rebounds steals or blocks without fouling.

Edited by nir

5 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Dude. He's only got one foul. This is amazing.

Don't jinx it man! 

1 hour ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Whoops

Told yah! 

Edited by mmart_ph

He had one play where he elevated into an open hookshot 3 ft away from the basket (that Powell was not going to reach) but then probably felt like he was taking too many shots (they went to him 5 times in the row at that point), so he landed and passed the ball back out. Turnover.

During the 0 stat games, and this first half vs dallas, he looks like an on-court cheerleader - obviously overthinking out there. When he finally stopped that nonsense today and locked in, he was finally able to make an impact.

This kid just needs confidence, and he’ll get that through reps. He has the tools and the right intentions, but he can’t consistently execute properly just yet. 

The good news is that all his flaws are fixable and i’m confident that he can put up a significantly more consistent 2nd half of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Watched part of the game and I saw some questionable no-calls. He could've been in foul trouble if refs had called it. Great line today, but he needs to stop lowering his shoulder, charging into his defender, and sliding towards his man that already beat him off the dribble otherwise he won't get these kinds of stats consistently.

Btw, if anyone is wondering what his fouls are like, check this out: https://3ball.io/plays?evtt=6&p1id=1628991

11 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

He had one play where he elevated into an open hookshot 3 ft away from the basket (that Powell was not going to reach) but then probably felt like he was taking too many shots (they went to him 5 times in the row at that point), so he landed and passed the ball back out. Turnover.

During the 0 stat games, and this first half vs dallas, he looks like an on-court cheerleader - obviously overthinking out there. When he finally stopped that nonsense today and locked in, he was finally able to make an impact.

This kid just needs confidence, and he’ll get that through reps. He has the tools and the right intentions, but he can’t consistently execute properly just yet. 

The good news is that all his flaws are fixable and i’m confident that he can put up a significantly more consistent 2nd half of the season.

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2019/11/09/0021900130/577/a7490392-d76e-5f2d-2ade-f6a413a721bb_1280x720.mp4

This one?

Looks like he might've gotten hit here, but yeah, his landing and then passing was super late lol

10 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Watched part of the game and I saw some questionable no-calls. He could've been in foul trouble if refs had called it. Great line today, but he needs to stop lowering his shoulder, charging into his defender, and sliding towards his man that already beat him off the dribble otherwise he won't get these kinds of stats consistently.

Btw, if anyone is wondering what his fouls are like, check this out: https://3ball.io/plays?evtt=6&p1id=1628991

Here is the video of a questionable no-call on Jaren from tonight: https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2019/11/09/0021900130/575/b17b2de6-05fb-5237-c8dc-4af2d2f45186_1280x720.mp4

He does this consistently. Someone has an easy shot and he'll contest it but he gets in the way of their landing and it's an easy call for the refs. Luckily, it worked out in his favor for this one.

15 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Thanks for the link.

I knew he needed to improve his fundamentals on defense, but jeez, he is as undisciplined on defense as I've seen. He absolutely needs the coaching in Memphis to be on point.