Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

 

Yeah it's easy to mock in hindsight now, but Luka was ranked 100th in 9 cat last year due to %s and TOs. Plus he had a new star coming to town to eat up usage. 

It's funny that people are making fun of where he was drafted when he has made precisely the jump that JJJ owners had hoped JJJ would make. 33 would certainly have been understandable in retrospect if Luka hadn't gone super saiyan this year. Sometimes guys fall for whatever reason. Every draft has a few.

I wish I had risked it on Luka as well. Like you mentioned, poor efficiency (although FT looked like it should’ve increased based on his Euro percentages) was the main factor holding his ADP down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Basketboss21 said:

I picked him at 45 when Capela was available, thinking I was going for upside... I clearly overvalued him for some reason, but I still hope for a top 50 finish somehow

Used my 44th pick on him. I was excited he was available in the 3rd of a 16 team league. Should have reached for Bam instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Barely had half a rookie season. Just turned 20 with a coach in charge of his first NBA team. And it's November. 

Miles is not better then zion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

 

Yeah it's easy to mock in hindsight now, but Luka was ranked 100th in 9 cat last year due to %s and TOs. Plus he had a new star coming to town to eat up usage. 

It's funny that people are making fun of where he was drafted when he has made precisely the jump that JJJ owners had hoped JJJ would make. 33 would certainly have been understandable in retrospect if Luka hadn't gone super saiyan this year. Sometimes guys fall for whatever reason. Every draft has a few.

 

I know it's the most popular setting but this is why I dislike 9-cat, it can do such a bad job representing real life value. I know points leagues have their issues too but I think they do a much better job assigning fantasy value to players. Luka being ranked 100th is ridiculous he was almost an all star last year. 

And eltoro I'm not meaning this as a reply to you just wanted to highlight the ridiculousness of that ranking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aiming for this kid in keeper/dynasties, hoping for the owner to be extremely frustrated and give up on him.

On the other hand, an easy drop in redrafts if you have a solid top-100 player somehow left in the waiver wire.

 

Has literally one of the most highest ceilings in the whole league regarding his gifted physique and skillset.

However, skeptical about him reaching that ceiling THIS year. Simple as that.

 

 

Edited by jhsong916
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jhsong916 said:

Aiming for this kid in keeper/dynasties, hoping for the owner to be extremely frustrated and give up on him.

On the other hand, an easy drop in redrafts if you have a solid top-100 player somehow left in the waiver wire.

 

Has literally one of the most highest ceilings in the whole league regarding his gifted physique and skillset.

However, skeptical about him reaching that ceiling THIS year. Simple as that.

 

 

He is FAR from an easy drop in redrafts. That has the potential for a league losing drop. I am disappointed in his start of course but will never drop him in my 12 teamer ... he should only be dropped if you are in a weak league where ROS studs are available on the wire somehow like Devonte Graham. Any other "top 100" player you are talking about being on the wire will very likely be dropped themselves after you add them, whereas JJJ we know has the upside and opportunity to be a top 40 player. Remember that last season he started terrible as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s frustrating for all right now but I’m tired of bashing him and will just take the glass half full approach. He’ll ride my bench on most full nights and I’ll lower expectations when he does play. 
If he somehow turns it around say after the ASB this thread might crash due to heavy traffic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jhsong916 said:

Aiming for this kid in keeper/dynasties, hoping for the owner to be extremely frustrated and give up on him.

On the other hand, an easy drop in redrafts if you have a solid top-100 player somehow left in the waiver wire.

 

Has literally one of the most highest ceilings in the whole league regarding his gifted physique and skillset.

However, skeptical about him reaching that ceiling THIS year. Simple as that.

 

 

 

Definitely NOT an easy drop. Not a drop PERIOD. Even in redrafts. Don't care if there's a solid top 100 on the ww, drop someone else instead. It would be complete asinine to do that when his value is at such a low point in this young season. We're all frustrated but cmon man.

Edited by sharkpotato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to be benched.  Brandon Clarke is outplaying him on both ends of the floor.  Let JJJ work with the second unit.  In Minnesota Tyus worked well with KAT in PnRs it would get JJJ more playing time away from Brooks and Crowder who are chucking like every shot they make might add another 10K onto their next contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

He needs to be benched.  Brandon Clarke is outplaying him on both ends of the floor.  Let JJJ work with the second unit.  In Minnesota Tyus worked well with KAT in PnRs it would get JJJ more playing time away from Brooks and Crowder who are chucking like every shot they make might add another 10K onto their next contract.

Hell no. Let him figure it out by playing. He is the future!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

He needs to be benched.  Brandon Clarke is outplaying him on both ends of the floor.  Let JJJ work with the second unit.  In Minnesota Tyus worked well with KAT in PnRs it would get JJJ more playing time away from Brooks and Crowder who are chucking like every shot they make might add another 10K onto their next contract.

 

On a team still in rebuild, with no realistic playoff aspirations this year, you want them to bench one of their core pieces so that they could win 20 games instead of 19? Wonderful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nir said:

Hell no. Let him figure it out by playing. He is the future!!!! 

 

24 minutes ago, tremixt said:

 

On a team still in rebuild, with no realistic playoff aspirations this year, you want them to bench one of their core pieces so that they could win 20 games instead of 19? Wonderful. 

 

 

JJJ cannot play consistent offense or defense to the point where he is so bad he fouls out of games in 20 minutes.  That show's you he is either  

1. An untalented hack.

2. Struggling to learn how to play on both ends of the floor.

It's probably not no.1.

If he's struggling this much against starters and you have a perfectly good replacement on the bench (who btw is a few years older and much more polished than JJJ) it's stupid to not consider switching them.  Let JJJ figure it out against opposition bench players for now.  Just because he was a lottery pick doesn't mean he's automatically a starter.  If JJJ had spent 2 years in college and this was his rookie season nobody would bat an eyelid at him at playing off the bench for the time being.

 

 

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His stats line look ok but comments here make it sound like hes playing terrible. Anyone watch JJJ the last few games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtx said:

His stats line look ok but comments here make it sound like hes playing terrible. Anyone watch JJJ the last few games?

 

Young talented player in a good situation going through growing pains, lack of patience in a fantasy forum.

Essentially the same story every year

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Barring injury he'll be top 15 guaranteed. 

I hope so man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 fouls less than 5 minutes in... Already 2 treys and 8 points too.

I wonder why he hasn't learned to control his fouls yet, almost 20% into his sophomore season. He's mentioned in interviews he's fully aware of what he's doing. This year, JJJ has looked amazing when he's been able to stay on the floor and get into a rhythm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoop said:

2 fouls less than 5 minutes in... Already 2 treys and 8 points too.

I wonder why he hasn't learned to control his fouls yet, almost 20% into his sophomore season. He's mentioned in interviews he's fully aware of what he's doing. This year, JJJ has looked amazing when he's been able to stay on the floor and get into a rhythm

He’s still young, we were all hoping that the fouls would’ve been coached out of him over the summer - that’s clearly not the case.

Hopefully he continues to improve throughout the season because you’re right — when he’s been able to stay on the floor and get in a rhythm he looks very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another game another 2 fouls...why cant he be ******** more consistent....send this guy back to the g-League till he learns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how clearly jjj fouled but crowder and morant both raised their hand to say they fouled . But they still gave to jjj. Atleast they got each others back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another foul....this kid sucks....he was never NBA ready. Shouldve stayed in college for another 2 years...so trash 

Have no idea why hes hyped. Hes not even a stash for dynasty, kid is straight trash. Best he'll be is A worst version if ryan anderson

Edited by Sfektz
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.