Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

If you're going to beat him up when he's bad, praise him when he's good. Heck of a line. He would've had 3 blocks but they called a crappy foul on Brogdon, it was a pretty clear as day block.

If this guy can develop consistency moving forward look out. I'm watching games and he's learning how to defend on the perimeter better. One area where he struggles is when he gets switched onto guards, he can't catch up with his lateral mobility so he ends up using his hands to push them outward and it gets him into ticky tack fouls. 

Potential with this kid is tantalizing.

52% FG, 9/9 FT, 2 3's, 31 / 4 / 2 / 1 / 2 

I don't care about the boards as much as others, I didn't draft him for that, I drafted him to be a 1/1/1 beast.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2

Just now, SolariNatividad said:

Great line today, though REBs are just meh.

He's happy to let guards get easy REBs and just exerts on that end if needed.

Yeah it's funny, I see loose balls go right next to him and he'll just stand there and wait for Solomon or which ever guard to grab it. He could easily get an extra 2-3 boards a game if he didn't just let the guards take it right next to him every time.

Just now, Lifschitz said:

Yeah it's funny, I see loose balls go right next to him and he'll just stand there and wait for Solomon or which ever guard to grab it. He could easily get an extra 2-3 boards a game if he didn't just let the guards take it right next to him every time.

It shows he does not care for stats.

Good for the team, bad for us. :lol:

Balled out. Almost made it through the first half with only one foul.

Just watching him, you can tell how gifted he could be on both ends. He can eventually be a great defender without fouling. Hope he can string together a good number of games without foul trouble

Edited by hoop
  • Like 1

Since Nov 9th (13 games), Jaren has had 6 20+ point games, and 10 of those were 12+ points. In his last 4 he has 8 blocks, and he's hit 34 threes during that span. Baby steps. 

• Like 3

I don't think I've seen this comparison before, but rebounding aside he actually reminds me a lot of Chris Bosh offensively.

• Thanks 1

With the coach giving him the red light to launch threes....is his fg gonna be closer to around 45% rather than 49-50%? His off shooting nights are really killer to fg

His %s shouldn't be this bad, he missed a couple routine paint shots that he often makes. But yeah highly doubt he'll be close to 50

1 hour ago, Sfektz said:

With the coach giving him the red light to launch threes....is his fg gonna be closer to around 45% rather than 49-50%? His off shooting nights are really killer to fg

Green light***

Watching this game he still hasn't put it all together quite yet...but he looks a heck of a lot more comfortable out there then he did just a few weeks ago. Almost night and day. Encouraging signs.

Edited by Benjamin1984

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

Watching this game he still hasn't quite put it all together quite yet...but he looks a heck of a lot more comfortable out there then he did just a few weeks ago. Almost night and day. Encouraging signs.

Yup,but he still doesn't box out and lazy to crash reb

24 minutes ago, kane said:

Right? How are you a PF that doesn't rebound?  Kids these days

1 hour ago, kane said:

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

Right? How are you a PF that doesn't rebound?  Kids these days

I don't think it's just that he doesn't box out, because what I see is that he does box out sometimes but it would never lead to a rebound. So I looked up some stats and I found that NBA keeps track of player's total box-outs/game and how many of those lead to a rebound for the player.

Here's an interest stat:

JJJ is ranked 117/463 in box-outs/game at 1.9. It's not the worst. He's right there with guys like Lebron James and Anthony Davis who averages more rebounds than him. 

However, (excluding players with 0% rebounds from box-outs) JJJ is only at 6.3% chance of rebounding the ball when he does box out ranked 5th worst in the league! Maybe he should be more selfish and hunt for the rebounds instead of boxing out for his teammates to take the rebounds.

Another interesting stat is that Jonas Valanciunas is 2nd in the league in box-outs/game at 6.2 despite only playing 25mins/game and 55% of those lead to his own rebound. JJJ should definitely take some lessons from him.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

I honestly just think he's a big a** guard. And that's fine if that's what he is. Everything about his game when I watch is that of a guard. He doesn't move like a big or play like one. His size and athletic ability get him the blocks of course.

47 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I honestly just think he's a big a** guard. And that's fine if that's what he is. Everything about his game when I watch is that of a guard. He doesn't move like a big or play like one. His size and athletic ability get him the blocks of course.

He has post moves and a good hook shot too.

Settling down, not yet polished; but the comfort level is definitely way up.

He’s attacking Gobert in quite a number of those plays as well, not just some stump.

His form on 3 pointers looks like someone from the 50's taught him how to shoot. Kind of Shawn Marion like.

And around the hoop, most everything is from his left hand. 

Looks like the talent is there. Fundamentals, not so much. 

It will be interesting to watch his career to see if he can shore up his deficiencies and become a great player.