Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

That 3rd Q was hilarious.  It's the best example of heat check chucking I've seen in a while.  Jumpshot uglier than Quasimodo in drag, hoisting from 30ft with bankshots so violent that if they hadn't of gone in they would've bounced straight back to him out at the 3pt line.  The entire Memphis team was smiling and laughing every time one went in.

People are trolling calling him Ryan Anderson but he's putting up really similar numbers to another lanky 3pt shooter from days gone by, Rashard Lewis.

Rashard Lewis in Orlando: 16/5/2, 1 steal, 0.5 blocks, 2.6 threes/g, 44% FG (12.8 FGA), 82% FT (3 FTA).

JJJ this season so far: 16.5/5/1.5, 0.5 steal, 1.2 blocks, 2.1 threes/g, 46% FG (13 FGA), 79% FT (3 FTA).

Scary similar almost across the board except for the stocks.

thing is though you knew who Rashard was. Let’s not forget people were considering cutting this guy and trading him for peanuts a month ago. 

his monthly ppg:

October - 14.8

november - 15.2

december (7 games thus far) - 24 

He’s also dramatically improved his percentage each month despite taking way more shots. 

This is a guy who’s transforming into the co-star of the team, instead of being a 5th option like he was in October.

Just another classic buy low story. 

• Like 1

Just when i thought JJJ turned the ship to the right direction, he immediately fouled three times within 5 mins. How is that even possible? I love his talent and huge performance last game, but man, are you dumb or something? Why would you run into defender that's ready to take charge? Why???!!!

8 minutes ago, JoeDub_Taiwan#1 said:

Just when i thought JJJ turned the ship to the right direction, he immediately fouled three times within 5 mins. How is that even possible? I love his talent and huge performance last game, but man, are you dumb or something? Why would you run into defender that's ready to take charge? Why???!!!

Most young / inexperienced players are beholden to their rehearsed moves. One day he’ll learn to just jump stop and float that or spin / change direction to avoid the the charge. 

IMO he’s dealt with his overnight increased role as well as you may expect a young talented (but raw) player to.

He may not finish where some drafted him, but the makings of a monstrous 2nd half are obviously there.

Edited by Mikhov
  • Thanks 1

He's absolutely oblivious when it comes to knowing what it means for his team when he's in foul trouble. The fouls he commits are flat out terrible and unnecessary, it's like he doesn't know how to shy away from body contact what so ever.

Crazy frustrating watching him.

42 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Absolutely BS 5th foul call there. Adams Trips himself and Jaren gets called for it!

I know, the sad part is he had established such a bad reputation now that the refs are automatically assuming he’s guilty even when  he’s not. 

21 minutes ago, Cozie said:

I know, the sad part is he had established such a bad reputation now that the refs are automatically assuming he’s guilty even when  he’s not. 

Yep, and Steven Adams is a smart player. I expect JJJ to struggle with some of the these matchups, but he’s improved drastically.

His 3s and pts are nice, but man... why doesn't he reb or ast?  Does anyone watches his games?  Is he just playing passive?

42 minutes ago, HooLeeFook said:

His 3s and pts are nice, but man... why doesn't he reb or ast?  Does anyone watches his games?  Is he just playing passive?

He plays the 4 now, so like AD he’s not getting the # of boards a traditional 5 would.

Regarding the assists, when he gets the ball he’s usually looking to score — and if that’s not an option he’s quickly dumping it off.

51 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

He plays the 4 now, so like AD he’s not getting the # of boards a traditional 5 would.

Regarding the assists, when he gets the ball he’s usually looking to score — and if that’s not an option he’s quickly dumping it off.

So ideally if I want an improvement from him is that see growth in stl and blk which he has done.  Or hope an injury for JV ? ;) haha

4 minutes ago, HooLeeFook said:

So ideally if I want an improvement from him is that see growth in stl and blk which he has done.  Or hope an injury for JV ? ;) haha

I'd check what his stats look like with JV off the floor, but I'm going bet it's not much different. From what I've looked into, he ranks bottom 5 in rebounds off his own box outs. Watching him looks like he just doesn't go for the rebounds unless it falls to him. That's just who he is and I wouldn't rely on him to fill in the rebounds for my fantasy team. Just get another player for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

I'd check what his stats look like with JV off the floor, but I'm going bet it's not much different. From what I've looked into, he ranks bottom 5 in rebounds off his own box outs. Watching him looks like he just doesn't go for the rebounds unless it falls to him. That's just who he is and I wouldn't rely on him to fill in the rebounds for my fantasy team. Just get another player for it.

I’d bet that his rebounds do go up, but it’s true that he’s not a real rebounder (unlike AD who sees a much higher spike).

I’d much rather have the increase in points/3’s like we’ve seen recently than a few additional boards. Dude’s becoming much harder to defend offensively.

• Like 1