Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

I’d bet that his rebounds do go up, but it’s true that he’s not a real rebounder (unlike AD who sees a much higher spike).

I’d much rather have the increase in points/3’s like we’ve seen recently than a few additional boards. Dude’s becoming much harder to defend offensively.

Rebounds , we talking about rebounds here .... No but seriously one of the easest cats to stream , and it’s a category that any position player can contribute. Unlike 3ptm , assists, and stocks which are harder to come by for instance. If anything I rather he up his FT% , which would be great for his value. 

13 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

I’d bet that his rebounds do go up, but it’s true that he’s not a real rebounder (unlike AD who sees a much higher spike).

I’d much rather have the increase in points/3’s like we’ve seen recently than a few additional boards. Dude’s becoming much harder to defend offensively.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jacksja02/lineups/2020

Not sure if I'm looking at it right but seems like any lineup with JV causes his rebounds to go up and most lineups without JV causes his rebounds to go down. 

I assume this is an effect of JV leading the league in box outs and one of the top players in rebounds by a teammate from his box outs.

I rather have his offensive production increase as well with JV off the floor. At least that's something I can expect from him and build my team around that if JV happens to get traded.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jacksja02/lineups/2020

Not sure if I'm looking at it right but seems like any lineup with JV causes his rebounds to go up and most lineups without JV causes his rebounds to go down. 

I assume this is an effect of JV leading the league in box outs and one of the top players in rebounds by a teammate from his box outs.

I rather have his offensive production increase as well with JV off the floor. At least that's something I can expect from him and build my team around that if JV happens to get traded.

I was looking for this on basketball reference and wasn’t sure how to find it. Thanks for posting! Very cool data.

Yep, very excited to see the Clarke/JJJ pairing over the next couple years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Offered bam for my jjj I don't want to get off this train, this kid was made in a lab 

BAM is definitely better than JJJ right now.  However if you want a PF/C that can shoot and give some stocks... you should stick with JJJ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HooLeeFook said:

BAM is definitely better than JJJ right now.  However if you want a PF/C that can shoot and give some stocks... you should stick with JJJ

Yeah but you know that JJJ has the bigger name.  BAM isn't as sexy a prospect and doesn't get the respect he deserves although he's not really a secret anymore. 

Statistically, Bam is in the Jokic/Nurkic tree with boards / assists + stocks

JJJ is more similar to Isaac / Turner or Lopez but with more offensive responsibility / upside but with less defensive experience (the ability is there).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Statistically, Bam is in the Jokic/Nurkic tree with boards / assists + stocks

JJJ is more similar to Isaac / Turner or Lopez but with more offensive responsibility / upside but with less defensive experience (the ability is there).

Turner shouldn't be in this conversation but unfortunately he has been such a disappointment this year :( 

There's no reason why he can't average 10 boards a game... and when that happens, he'll be a top 10 guy.

In a year or two, he will be a fantasy monster. Heck, we may be witnessing the breakout right now.

Low key he’s figured out his foul trouble problems by just standing at the 3 point line the whole game 😂 

Which is perfect so he can now use his dumb a** fouls chasing blocks instead of barreling into the lane 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HooLeeFook said:

Turner shouldn't be in this conversation but unfortunately he has been such a disappointment this year :( 

I owned him during his breakout year when he finished with like 14-7-2 bpg (PG’s last year IIRC) and it really is disappointing that he never built on that into a featured offensive role.

Them forcing Sab and him on the floor at the same time hasn’t done him any favors either but it is what it is.

JJJ’s early season stretch where he was being used like a role player on offense instead of a foundational piece reminded me of Turner’s situation and I strongly considered selling him once he got a few good games in.

Thankfully, the coaching staff corrected this issue and did JJJ (and their future) right by force feeding him into a featured role.

Credit to him that he responded in a big way and is putting up some juicy numbers while impacting games positively on both ends.

Some guys never figure it out, but JJJ is definitely on the right track.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mikhov said:

I owned him during his breakout year when he finished with like 14-7-2 bpg (PG’s last year IIRC) and it really is disappointing that he never built on that into a featured offensive role.

Them forcing Sab and him on the floor at the same time hasn’t done him any favors either but it is what it is.

JJJ’s early season stretch where he was being used like a role player on offense instead of a foundational piece reminded me of Turner’s situation and I strongly considered selling him once he got a few good games in.

Thankfully, the coaching staff corrected this issue and did JJJ (and their future) right by force feeding him into a featured role.

Credit to him that he responded in a big way and is putting up some juicy numbers while impacting games positively on both ends.

Some guys never figure it out, but JJJ is definitely on the right track.

Thanks... should I be expecting 20/7/2bpg from JJJ then ? :) wohoooo

1 hour ago, HooLeeFook said:

Thanks... should I be expecting 20/7/2bpg from JJJ then ? :) wohoooo

Expect growth, there will be ups and downs - but with his role looking more established, he’ll have every opportunity to produce. 

Difference between now and November is, he can put up stats in a hurry. Great line considering he had 0 points at the half.

• Like 1

Was resigned to his mediocre stats but he's been pretty solid as of late.

Last 10 games: 20 pts ~5reb 1.3 blks on 50% FG and 43.2% from three.

This is what he's gotta do to help me justify my pick if he doesn't improve on his rebounding - give us the scoring with great 3s while keeping his efficiency solid.

Definitely happy with him lately.

24pts(9/10 FG) and 4 blks,JJJ is one of the rare bigman that can shoot 3s and block shot while keeping his efficiency,and seems he get more rebs lately

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kane said:

24pts(9/10 FG) and 4 blks,JJJ is one of the rare bigman that can shoot 3s and block shot while keeping his efficiency,and seems he get more rebs lately

They started playing him at C which they didnt get to do early in the season since he was struggling with fouls and has a spaghetti frame, but damn does he learn quick

course my trade for this guy cleared 2 hours AFTER this line.

fml

43 minutes ago, Quazza said:

course my trade for this guy cleared 2 hours AFTER this line.

fml

Don't fret it my boy , this right here is a Vegas buffet all you can eat 24/7 . Let the good times roll 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Don't fret it my boy , this right here is a Vegas buffet all you can eat 24/7 . Let the good times roll 

he really seems to be rolling now (I do own him in a points league too )

so when he ***** the bed tomorrow, it'll be my fault boys. Apologies in advance

• Like 1