Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

No one is writing here.  I assume people are just used to his monster line...  

Ever since I got him he has been amazing pts and stocks are way up and he has improved his rebounding wohoo

2 minutes ago, HLFReborn said:

No one is writing here.  I assume people are just used to his monster line...  

Ever since I got him he has been amazing pts and stocks are way up and he has improved his rebounding wohoo

He'll be scratching 1st round value for some weeks with these type of numbers. Solid 2nd round value for ROS.

4 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

He'll be scratching 1st round value for some weeks with these type of numbers. Solid 2nd round value for ROS.

He'll be a perennial first round player starting next year. It's a bold prediction but he has so much talent. And he's only 20... to put that in perspective, he's younger than Morant.

His potential is truly terrifying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

It cannot be said enough that he's only turned 20 in the past few months. Please let that sink in. 1st rounder for many years to come. 

Lol you beat me by a few seconds, but yes, agree with everything you said.

Have you guys been watching his games lately?  What has he been doing differently that give him the boost in rebounds.  I feel his blocks are stabilizing too.  Is he approaching the opponent offense through the weak side (with JV acting as the post in the restricted area) and attempting blocks on the weak side without fouling?

3 minutes ago, HLFReborn said:

Have you guys been watching his games lately?  What has he been doing differently that give him the boost in rebounds.  I feel his blocks are stabilizing too.  Is he approaching the opponent offense through the weak side (with JV acting as the post in the restricted area) and attempting blocks on the weak side without fouling?

He's near 7ft the rebounds were always going to naturally come. If he was going to be slow to start up on any stat i'd choose rebounds. He's the perfect modern day NBA player, seriously like he was produced in a lab. Imagine another growth spurt. 

• Haha 3

God I love this guy.

I've been watching (for the rebounds question), he's been boxing out the same as earlier in the year, but this time he actually goes for it. He used to box out but then he'd just continue doing so until a guard gets it, now he actually chases it down and quickly outlets to around the half court so they can push the pace. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

God I love this guy.

I've been watching (for the rebounds question), he's been boxing out the same as earlier in the year, but this time he actually goes for it. He used to box out but then he'd just continue doing so until a guard gets it, now he actually chases it down and quickly outlets to around the half court so they can push the pace. 

Good I hope he breaks 10 rebound mark... and he should be outletting it to Ja Morant for that amazing transition offense ~ WOOT WOOT 

Just now, HLFReborn said:

Good I hope he breaks 10 rebound mark... and he should be outletting it to Ja Morant for that amazing transition offense ~ WOOT WOOT 

He isn't that type of rebounder, hoping for 8 would be more realistic. 7+ is respectable, that's the range I want him at because I know it's very unlikely he goes higehr than that.

He's pretty aggressive trying for o-boards though, he'll get physical and follow up shots, sometimes getting some putbacks etc. but yeah, 7 is around what we should aim for, it's a lot better than 3-4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

He isn't that type of rebounder, hoping for 8 would be more realistic. 7+ is respectable, that's the range I want him at because I know it's very unlikely he goes higehr than that.

He's pretty aggressive trying for o-boards though, he'll get physical and follow up shots, sometimes getting some putbacks etc. but yeah, 7 is around what we should aim for, it's a lot better than 3-4.

Yea it was hard to stomach his low reb and none existence assist (that was expected so I don't mind) ~~ in early months

Crazy looking at his stats, the last 3 games he has 10 blocks and 10 threes, 2 steals, 5 assists, 21 boards. fantasy gold.

• Like 1

Perennial 1st round player for years to come.

In his prime, if he can somehow break the 8-9 RPG barrier, he might get into the Top 5.

Electrifying potential, has one of the best ceilings in the game along with his fellow teammate.

3 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Lamarcus Aldridge with a 3 (although Aldridge is also developing a consistent 3 himself recently).

Exactly... I'm facing someone this week where Aldridge is draining 4 3s a game... wats up with that

3 hours ago, HLFReborn said:

Exactly... I'm facing someone this week where Aldridge is draining 4 3s a game... wats up with that

He's old and doesn't want to move as much. Might as well develop that ratchet from deep.

shout out, been killing it. if he can average 6/7 rebs with 3's and blocks. goldmind.

1 hour ago, Sfektz said:

JJJ is more like a Brolo 2.0

That's what I thought until I looked at Aldridge's stats. JJJ and Aldridge will be almost exactly the same player ROS except Aldridge might have slightly higher value for his FT%.

4 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

That's what I thought until I looked at Aldridge's stats. JJJ and Aldridge will be almost exactly the same player ROS except Aldridge might have slightly higher value for his FT%.

Almost halfway through the season, Jaren Jackson Jr. has a TS% of .601 and a usage rate of 24% to go along with 1.5 blk/gm and 2.5 threes/gm. The only other player to put up those numbers for a season was Kevin Durant for the Warriors in 2017-18. (btw Jaren is still just 20.)