Mikhov

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

Buy low candidate? Eyeing his skillset. Fishing with either Barrett or Levert

A buy low candidate for sure, but no owner would take either of those realistically.

58 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

I wouldnt be comfortable offering too much more. 

That's fine, I'm just saying you won't get him for that.
Dinwiddie is #235 on the year, RJ #250. Even with a slow start Jaren is #131 and has much higher upside than both.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

That's fine, I'm just saying you won't get him for that.
Dinwiddie is #235 on the year, RJ #250. Even with a slow start Jaren is #131 and has much higher upside than both.

That's a very bad way to compare players, this early in the season the rankings are worthless . Only towards end of the season are they a viable way to gauge a player's value. 

5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

That's a very bad way to compare players, this early in the season the rankings are worthless . Only towards end of the season are they a viable way to gauge a player's value. 

This is one data point. No one went into this year thinking either of those two had higher upside than JJJ.

1 hour ago, RLDN106 said:

This is one data point. No one went into this year thinking either of those two had higher upside than JJJ.

yea but a pretty useless data point lol. 
its not like 131 is reflective of JJJ either

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

1 minute ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

yea but a pretty useless data point lol. 
its not like 131 is reflective of JJJ either

I get not wanting to give up a lot for him -- the fouls look like they're still an issue and it's a gamble.

But what makes you think either of those guys would be fair value in the trade?

They've both had bad starts to the year and you're talking about a guy who was likely taken between picks 30-50 in 9-cat leagues.

Just now, RLDN106 said:

I get not wanting to give up a lot for him -- the fouls look like they're still an issue and it's a gamble.

They've both had bad starts to the year and you're talking about a guy who was likely taken between picks 30-50 in 9-cat leagues.

i didnt say they would be fair lol. I didn't say i would give up JJJ either, I am just saying based on his early season play he doesnt look all that good and id be hard to offer anything more than top 70-90 value.

1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i didnt say they would be fair lol. I didn't say i would give up JJJ either, I am just saying based on his early season play he doesnt look all that good and id be hard to offer anything more than top 70-90 value.

Agree. Unless the fouls come down he isn't going to return value for where he was drafted.

Love him as a player, but hope I wasn't a year early on him (felt the same way when I got him off the wire last year).

If you drop or sell low a top 50 pick after 6 games.... you're doing it wrong.

Edited by bigboyish

4 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

If you drop or sell low a top 5 pick after 6 games.... you're doing it wrong.

You've never played fantasy*

2 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

I get your point, but I am trying to buy low, hence the implication that I have no intention to pay fair value. I just know that JJJ has really high upside and touted as such in preseason, but never really kept an eye on MEM's games. I was wondering if there was a structural shift in their game with Ja around.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, 80version said:

AC forum bruh 

Giving short and fast response won’t kill you bruh 

Edited by csklmf

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

I get your point, but I am trying to buy low, hence the implication that I have no intention to pay fair value. I just know that JJJ has really high upside and touted as such in preseason, but never really kept an eye on MEM's games. I was wondering if there was a structural shift in their game with Ja around.

Nothing major that I know of. He had a very solid line (23-11-2 with a 1-1-1) against Chicago where he stayed out of foul trouble all night (only 3 total) and played 32 minutes.
Other than that it's been foul trouble to start the season (he's averaged 5/game in the other 4 games).

I sold him a couple of days ago with Delon for Bagley and Ball. Memphis looks like a mess and their coach is becoming more delusional than Fizdale. The rotation of Clarke and Valanciunas is something to worry about and the minutes based on his foul situation look bleak. No doubt do I feel the potential is there, but I don't think we see some consistent production this year. 

This guy has THE WORST discipline I've ever seen in the history of the NBA. This is easily fixable, what a numb nut.. he uses his hands to slap people in the face when he's setting picks, he pushes them in the back when they drive.. he has no idea on how to just use his hips/body, he's always using his hands. Every game I watch his hands are the main reason he gets into foul trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Death, taxes, and JJJ picking up 2 fouls in the first 5 mins. 

What a bonehead.

I JUST tuned in to watch and within a span of 20 seconds he committed two ridiculously dumb fouls, this guy is a bone head.

First one: Covington gets the ball and Jackson is closing out on him at the 3 pt line, Covington drives, instead of using his hips/lower body to laterally push him out, he lazily uses his hand to push on his hip and Covington's momentum has him fall forward - easy foul to call

Second one: He sets a hand off pick to Morant, gets the ball back, another hand off pick to Morant, and slaps I believe Tyus Jones in the face with his hand on purpose instead of just setting a pick like a normal ******** person. 

Pretty infuriating watching him..

I wonder how frustrating it is for a coach who must continuously preach to him about avoiding stupid fouls for him to go out there and repeat every night.

And another to add to my do not draft again list.  

Keeps falling down all over the place as well. He just looks and is carrying himself like he has zero confidence right now.

3 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I JUST tuned in to watch and within a span of 20 seconds he committed two ridiculously dumb fouls, this guy is a bone head.

First one: Covington gets the ball and Jackson is closing out on him at the 3 pt line, Covington drives, instead of using his hips/lower body to laterally push him out, he lazily uses his hand to push on his hip and Covington's momentum has him fall forward - easy foul to call

Second one: He sets a hand off pick to Morant, gets the ball back, another hand off pick to Morant, and slaps I believe Tyus Jones in the face with his hand on purpose instead of just setting a pick like a normal ******** person. 

Pretty infuriating watching him..

I didn't watch the game but how is that possible if one of his fouls is an offensive foul? Perhaps one of the ones you listed wasn't a foul on him.

6 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

I didn't watch the game but how is that possible if one of his fouls is an offensive foul? Perhaps one of the ones you listed wasn't a foul on him.

Well he slapped a defensive player in the face and as soon as it happened he checked out so..this all happened within just a minute of one another

and for some reason they listed it as this on the play by play on NBA.com (here is the sequence):

[MEM] Jackson Jr. Foul: Offensive Charge (2 PF) - slap on the face

[MEM] Jackson Jr. Turnover : Offensive Foul Turnover (1 TO)

[MEM] Jackson Jr. Foul: Personal (1 PF) (E Lewis) - covington foul

Edited by Lifschitz