Corleone

Mason Rudolph 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Stunt? The game was over, seconds left and Garrett coming in like he needed a sack to get his supper tonight

Isn't that what he gets paid for??  If rudolph doesn't want to get him then run the ball when the game is over.  That said Garrett is looking at a multi week if not rest of season suspension for hitting him with the helmet.

• Like 2

Rudolph should be suspended for trying to take of Garretts helmet and when his helmet was taken off he ran back at Garrett. Why couldnt he keep his cool? He was frustrated from playing like s--- and throwing 4 picks so he went into that fight. hes a bad QB and a dummy.

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Stunt? The game was over, seconds left and Garrett coming in like he needed a sack to get his supper tonight

Well, players get paid by performance and racking up stats. Why didnt the steelers kneel then with 8 seconds left and 0 chance to win?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Isn't that what he gets paid for??  If rudolph doesn't want to get him then run the ball when the game is over.  That said Garrett is looking at a multi week if not rest of season suspension for hitting him with the helmet.

That play was illegal, even if Garrett had completely noble intentions and Rudolph didn't react

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Well, players get paid by performance and racking up stats. Why didnt the steelers kneel then with 8 seconds left and 0 chance to win?

Sure they do. But use some judgement. That stat he logged will most likely cost him a multi week suspension. 

No one is going to take his side in this situation. What did he have to prove at that point. Idiot, and for what? To get a meaningless sack against an already pathetic QB

Just now, Thrill22 said:

Sure they do. But use some judgement. That stat he logged will most likely cost him a multi week suspension. 

No one is going to take his side in this situation. What did he have to prove at that point. Idiot, and for what? To get a meaningless sack against an already pathetic QB

Stats are stats, they get you a bigger contract. and it was a very close call. Ive seen way worse in games. i dont know why people are defending rudolph so much. He obviously contributed to this. I wish people would admit that.

**I AM NOT DEFENDING GARRETT AND WHAT HE DID***

• Like 2

Hopefully Garrett hit this stiff hard to knock some sense into him. I’ll take any method if it results in better QB play from Rudolph. He is a solid gold bum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Stats are stats, they get you a bigger contract. and it was a very close call. Ive seen way worse in games. i dont know why people are defending rudolph so much. He obviously contributed to this. I wish people would admit that.

Yea Mason is an idiot too and he has no business starting for any team right now. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

exactly.  Not defending what either idiot did.  But I'm sorry as a QB you are getting paid to pass the ball.  Guess what the guys coming in to hit you are getting paid to hit you.  If your gonna get that pissed they do it.  Find another job with less contact.

What Garret did after.  Belongs in the prison yard not the football field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

exactly.  Not defending what either idiot did.  But I'm sorry as a QB you are getting paid to pass the ball.  Guess what the guys coming in to hit you are getting paid to hit you.  If your gonna get that pissed they do it.  Find another job with less contact.

What Garret did after.  Belongs in the prison yard not the football field.

100% yeah it may have been a late hit but take the flag and move on. Dont grab his helmet and then chase after him after he grabs yours.

***NOT DEFENDING WHAT GARRETT DID****

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrill22 said:

The dude is a defensive end.. Dont wanna get touched w the game about over? Take a kneel. Don’t want smoke? Don’t rip at someone’s helmet and then cry when you bout get KTFO

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Garrett is a total POS but Rudolph comes off as an entitled POS himself. What do you expect to happen when you try to rip a dudes helmet off? Especially a guy that is known to have a short temper. Throwing your hands up all innocent after you get wacked on the head. Even in the post game interview calling Garrett a "coward". How about you admit to being in the fault as well and not play the innocent card hmmm??? Coward...

Dude started a fight and got smacked upside the head.

He has no business talking **** now

• Like 8

5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

To anyone defending Garrett more than Rudolph... this ^. Scumbag. Kick him out of the league.. there is no place for that on the football field. 

*Not defending Rudolph either*, but this was just awful to watch.

• Like 1

Mason Rudolph started it. Not justifying Garret's actions, but it is the truth. To be honest, i was waiting for someone to do this to Rudolph. His play is so atrocious, it should have been done sooner LOL. He's an entitled prick.

• Like 3

Garrett deserves everything he has coming to him.  But Rudolph should have something coming to him as well.  He started a fight that turned dirty AF. He shouldn't be absolved of any blame.

As a Steeler, I also hope Rudolph see's some sort of punishment in the form of a season ending ban.

I liked the Rudolph / James Washington connection in college...    Mad highlights...

Even then I thought Rudolph was corny af..

When Washington was drafted I was hoping he would become a thing & then when they took his college qb I thought that it was great for when Ben bounced...

Fast forward to now & this train is in a fiery ditch with Mason at the wheel and Washington crawling away but still on fire...

With Conner a mess, Juju doing his best Alshon "As soon as Marshall is gone Jeffrey will be a top end #1 wr!" impression with no Antonio to be gameplanned against it's rough..

Plus the offensive line that is supposed to be elite not being able to run/pass block close to that level..

All these things would have been tough for Ben to overcome & Rudolph is certainly not going to shine in this situation...

The mad conservative play calling not trusting the wrs on deep shots, the vanilla pre season type of running plays called, and the general lack of want to by too many players leads to this..

I also think if Bridgewater and Rudolph were switched that Rudolph would have had blow up games with multiple tds and yards to become a thing while Teddy would have been awful on this year's Steelers so the situations matter...

Not sure if it's Rudolph isn't ready /  just sux or if its this black hole of an offense & coaching that has this team overcooked like the turkey in "A Christmas Story" but it looks like this is a totally lost year and maybe a career that is over before it really got started...

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

To anyone defending Garrett more than Rudolph... this ^. Scumbag. Kick him out of the league.. there is no place for that on the football field. 

*Not defending Rudolph either*, but this was just awful to watch.

last night was another level. Didn’t think the Trevor Siemen hit looked that bad though if it wasn’t slowed down in super slow motion. The walker hit was bad, but nothing egregious and we see that kind of thing fairly frequently. 

Last night though...yikes. 

3 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

The mad conservative play calling not trusting the wrs on deep shots, the vanilla pre season type of running plays called, and the general lack of want to by too many players leads to this..

They gave him more free reign to throw it downfield last night, and it was a disaster from start to finish. Rarely have I seen a QB look so inaccurate. At this point, I'd say part of it is just that his confidence is completely shattered.

Edited by atrium

1 hour ago, fjthegrey said:

As a Steeler, I also hope Rudolph see's some sort of punishment in the form of a season ending ban.

Both deserve the ban hammer IMHO.  Yeah you tried to rip his helmet off and then he ripped yours off in return, you don't chase after the guy afterwards looking to start Round 2.  WTF is up with all these small dudes trying to pick fights with the strongest guys in the league? 

• Like 1

It really doesn't matter what happened before. nothing is as bad as swinging a helmet on a player with no helmet. Stop defending Garrett it's sickening that humans are trying to defend him. Both are wrong to certain levels.  But c'mon this dude swung a helmet, he could of killed or gave him brain damage. That's disgusting

• Like 5