Corleone

Mason Rudolph 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

It really doesn't matter what happened before. nothing is as bad as swinging a helmet on a player with no helmet. Stop defending Garrett it's sickening that humans are trying to defend him. Both are wrong to certain levels.  But c'mon this dude swung a helmet, he could of killed or gave him brain damage. That's disgusting

I agree. It's this whole 'if you don't back down, I'm allowed to escalate' mentality. Same people that are caught on road rage videos acting like psychos 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, itschief33 said:

The dude is a defensive end.. Dont wanna get touched w the game about over? Take a kneel. Don’t want smoke? Don’t rip at someone’s helmet and then cry when you bout get KTFO

You're right, Guess we can't expect him to have any common sense or judgement.

12 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

You're right, Guess we can't expect him to have any common sense or judgement.

That has nothing to do with it. Picking a fight with a guy that has 50+ lbs on you and has a history now of going beyond the whistle and then crying about it afterwards is a pathetic move by Rudolph.

No one is absolving Garrett of anything.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

It really doesn't matter what happened before. nothing is as bad as swinging a helmet on a player with no helmet. Stop defending Garrett it's sickening that humans are trying to defend him. Both are wrong to certain levels.  But c'mon this dude swung a helmet, he could of killed or gave him brain damage. That's disgusting

I suppose some of us can hold more than one thought in our brain simultaneously and thus understand that saying Rudolph did something wrong isn't "defending Garrett."  Nor is correctly pointing out that Rudolph both started things then attempted to start round 2 after Garrett was walking away is likewise not "defending Garrett."   Both dudes deserve the ban hammer.  If you want to argue that one deserves more whacks with that hammer, then feel free to argue that. 

• Like 7

One player is likely subject to criminal charges, and the other is not. This isn't some sort of pissing contest where people have to take sides

Suspend both of them, and Garrett for the ROS

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 3

Rudolph is up there with the worst QBs I've ever seen in my life.  I came close to turning the game off he was so bad.  He makes every Steeler just about impossible to start in Fantasy unless you are really desperate or in a deep league.  Not to mention he got JuJu killed over the middle after he missed him on two easy throws.  JuJu will most likely miss next week too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, devaster said:

That has nothing to do with it. Picking a fight with a guy that has 50+ lbs on you and has a history now of going beyond the whistle and then crying about it afterwards is a pathetic move by Rudolph.

No one is absolving Garrett of anything.

Right, so unless you want to get assaulted with your own helmet, don't throw the ball. 

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Also Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi suspended one game. Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey suspended suspended three games.  Notice nothing for Rudolph.  I guess the NFL decided the Steelers would be punished more harshly by letting him keep starting than suspending him and allowing PIT to sub a better player.  RIP Steelers playoff hopes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Rudolph knows he sucks.  I think I read somewhere where he said something like "I'm trying my best".  He knows he doesn't even belong in the same QB room as Big Ben.  Matt Moore coaching high school football and coming in off the streets would have been a better option than this pretender.  All Pitts pass catchers are not startable.  And if they're not going to start for your fantasy team as you gear up for the playoffs, they are then droppable.

Rudolph routinely misses receivers over the middle throwing behind them, over them, into the ground, etc. I really question his arm strength on throws >15 yards. It's been more apparent each game. His deep ball accuracy leaves a lot to be desired too. And he has almost no poise in the pocket despite 3 Pro Bowl linemen.

I really can't think of a single strength of his.

Saying Rudolph started this is incredibly stupid. There is NO DEFENSE to explain for Garrett. So what Rudolph had a terrible game? They were down 2 TD’s with 8 seconds left. The Browns were head-hunting all game long, as evidenced with concussions by Smith-Schuster & Johnson. He was hit & driven to the turf well after the ball was released with no flag. It was a cheap shot, Rudolph reacted & scuffled like what happens all game long. That doesn’t excuse Garrett ripping his helmet off & swinging it like a barbarian. I’m glad he’s done for the season at minimum. Pouncey defended his young QB, but went too far at the end & deserves a short suspension. Saying Rudolph deserves any punishment in this shows you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Saying Rudolph started this is incredibly stupid. There is NO DEFENSE to explain for Garrett. So what Rudolph had a terrible game? They were down 2 TD’s with 8 seconds left. The Browns were head-hunting all game long, as evidenced with concussions by Smith-Schuster & Johnson. He was hit & driven to the turf well after the ball was released with no flag. It was a cheap shot, Rudolph reacted & scuffled like what happens all game long. That doesn’t excuse Garrett ripping his helmet off & swinging it like a barbarian. I’m glad he’s done for the season at minimum. Pouncey defended his young QB, but went too far at the end & deserves a short suspension. Saying Rudolph deserves any punishment in this shows you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about

I agree that he doesn't deserve a suspension, though he wasn't completely innocent.

But suspension or not, he embarrassed himself and the team by chasing after Garrett like that. What was he going to do if he got to Garrett and DeCastro wasn't there to help? We'll never know, but it was cringeworthy nonetheless.

• Like 1

I just don’t get how people here think this is on Mason Rudolph. 
Yea, Mason sucks but damnit Miles Garrett is a POS. 

1 hour ago, jumper said:

I suppose some of us can hold more than one thought in our brain simultaneously and thus understand that saying Rudolph did something wrong isn't "defending Garrett."  Nor is correctly pointing out that Rudolph both started things then attempted to start round 2 after Garrett was walking away is likewise not "defending Garrett."   Both dudes deserve the ban hammer.  If you want to argue that one deserves more whacks with that hammer, then feel free to argue that. 

I can get on board with your first sentence, but LMAO at "after Garrett was walking away." More like forcibly pulled away with much resistance.

Scuffles happen all the time in football, tempers flare, lots of pushing and shoving and yelling, etc. This incident was taken to a whole new level as soon as Garrett swung the helmet at Rudolph's head. That could have ended SO much worse. The NFL got this one right with the suspensions, IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I agree that he doesn't deserve a suspension, though he wasn't completely innocent.

But suspension or not, he embarrassed himself and the team by chasing after Garrett like that. What was he going to do if he got to Garrett and DeCastro wasn't there to help? We'll never know, but it was cringeworthy nonetheless.

It was comical to see him go after Garret like that. It’s like the 5 foot munchkin in school trying to pick a fight with the 6’4” varsity football player and the bigger guy just holds his head away with one hand while the little guy flails his arms helplessly. Obviously Garrett lost his cool and is wrong. But Rudolph’s part along with his terrible poor play just makes me think even more that he doesn’t belong on the same field as these men.

• Like 1

To absolve Rudolph of any wrong doing here is just being asinine. He tried to herb Garrett and realized oh man I made a terrible mistake. For every action there is a reaction. Without Rudolph's initial action there would not have been Garrett's reaction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BakedGhost said:

To absolve Rudolph of any wrong doing here is just being asinine. He tried to herb Garrett and realized oh man I made a terrible mistake. For every action there is a reaction. Without Rudolph's initial action there would not have been Garrett's reaction.

You’re defending assault with a deadly weapon, but go off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jumper said:

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

One player is likely subject to criminal charges, and the other is not. This isn't some sort of pissing contest where people have to take sides

Suspend both of them, and Garrett for the ROS

A couple smart responses here.  Rudolph was frustrated that he was playing like complete dog**** and threw 4 interceptions.  Then garret comes in on the almost last play of the game to put him on his but YET AGAIN so he picks a fight with a dude who could eat him for lunch.  Garret went way overboard and should probably get suspended for the rest of the season.  But Rudolph is childish af for that reaction.

Getting a chuckle out of everyone just assuming the bigger man would eat the other guy for lunch. Sure Garrett's 6-4 272 but Rudolph isn't exactly a small man at 6-5 235. Just 'cause he sucks as a QB doesn't mean he can't handle himself in a fight. And lots of NFL players push and shove and start s**t in the heat of the moment, usually several times a game... so if that's being childish, the league is chock-full of preschoolers, lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While the Browns obviously think what Garrett did is wrong they also probably think everything said here about Rudolph is true. I doubt they’re taking kindly to him trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet and then acting innocent. 

They play again in 2 weeks. It’s going to be fun. Even if he gets a late hit on him that’s not intentional all hell will break loose. NFL is an idiot for not suspending him for two games just to avoid that matchup again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like the NFL handled everything reasonably here. I know people wanted a suspension for Rudolph, but he did stuff on a level that players do every game. It wasn't a big deal at all until Garrett tried to crack his skull open, only then did people even care that Rudolph tried to yank his helmet off. He deserves a fine, and I'm guessing he'll get one.

Pouncey's suspension was also deserved in the name of consistency.

• Like 1