Corleone

Mason Rudolph 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

At the same time, people love to be outraged these days - so everyone wants to act like this was the WORST THING 

Oh - and when wrestlers hit each other over the head with chairs and such: those are real metal chairs really hitting people in the head.

Was that the worst thing I've seen .. no.  On a football field yeah that and Haynesworth.

Wrestling c'mon. I watch wrestling but that's guys willingly taking those shots. Not even close to the same thing.  

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

This is what I’m talking about. No examples of anyone defending him. No one can criticize Mason huh?

Lots of guys can be criticized last night. The guy who ran up on Mason and knocked him down when he wasn't looking is an a**. Pouncey probably shouldn't have been throwing haymakers, but OL kind of have to stick up for their QB I guess. Probably lots of other people on the field did dumb stuff too. But only one guy tried to use his helmet as a weapon. IMO it's a bad look when someone does something egregiously awful like that to even try to deflect the blame. 

Edit: meant to say a helmet, not his helmet

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Regardless, Garrett was away from the situation when Rudolph chased him down. That was his choice. I agree with everything else you said aside of Rudolph not getting anything. 

He was obviously trying to ask politely for his helmet back. They were in comeback mode and he couldn’t play and accomplish the historic feat without a helmet. 

Edited by nromn
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Was that the worst thing I've seen .. no.  On a football field yeah that and Haynesworth.

Wrestling c'mon. I watch wrestling but that's guys willingly taking those shots. Not even close to the same thing.  

Just talking about how seriously we're going to talk about this impact - getting hit by a hollow plastic helmet is extremely unlikely to cause death or paralysis.  A big welt, stitches?  Sure.  But let's refrain from acting like the one in a million possibility is the probable outcome or defining fact.

Just because something horrible but extremely unlikely can happen is no reason to obsess over it.  Yes, it's more sensational that way but leads to massive overreaction.  That massive overreaction creates greater threat than the thing we're reacting to.

Case in point: Myles Garrett's massive overreaction (clubbing with helmet) to Mason Rudolph's overreaction (trying to twist Garrett's helmet off) to Garrett's unnecessary roughness, followed by Pouncey's overreaction (pummeling Garrett while Garrett was being held down) to Garrett's overreaction to Rudolph's overreaction...

Edited by SadFaceHappy

5 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

EJZFl4_XUAAGtOT.jpg

I only entered this thread because I saw @The 7th Beatles was the last poster and figured he posted something funny. I was not disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vercrazy said:

From a fight side:

Garrett shouldn't have hit Rudolph with a helmet, it was a ridiculous act and by far and away the worst action of the night.

Rudolph shouldn't have tried to twist Garrett's helmet off, it was obviously much more trivial than Garrett's eventual helmet assault and does not warrant or justify Garrett's reaction in any single way, but it was a bad move by Rudolph and he can't justifiably pretend that he was without any fault.

TL;DR: Garrett's actions were the worst by a significant margin, Rudolph's actions were also bad (though not nearly as bad and don't justify Garrett's actions at all)

From a fantasy side of things:

Rudolph is garbage and has cratered the value of almost every Steelers fantasy player.

Rudolph having to play out the rest of the season is ironically probably worse for the Steelers than the Garrett suspension is to the Browns. 

TL;DR: 

n8mPLkP.jpg

/Thread

Anyone with good photoshop skills, please replace Big Ben with AB.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

"well HE started it"

geez, didn't realize we were in grade school still

Mason started it and continued when he went after Garrett. That is very true.

13 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

a311d90cc66fe3fafee41a47b4de9174185ae3ace27c6057a41ba2ee7e07f39a.jpg

LOL

Would have liked to hear Marv Albert or Kevin Harlan on the call instead of Joe Buck.  "Myles GARRETT!!!!  With NO REGARD for human life!!!!"  🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

LOL

Would have liked to hear Marv Albert or Kevin Harlan on the call instead of Joe Buck.  "Myles GARRETT!!!!  With NO REGARD for human life!!!!"  🤣

More like Jim Ross should've been calling it

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Steelers need to make the change and start Duck Hodges rest of the season.  Rudolph is awful never mind the Garrett incident.   4 picks and zero offensive rhythm.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

LOL

For anyone with enough disposable income, please offer Marv/Harlan a moderate amount of money to team up with Jim Ross and record a calling of this play.

It would be a Christmas gift to the world

Edited by SadFaceHappy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Can people quote others where they were defending Garrett? I haven’t seen any of that in here lmao. 

15 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Mason started it and continued when he went after Garrett. That is very true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Anyone with good photoshop skills, please replace Big Ben with AB.

giphy.gif

CLu3xdp.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, atrium said:

Seems like the NFL handled everything reasonably here. I know people wanted a suspension for Rudolph, but he did stuff on a level that players do every game. It wasn't a big deal at all until Garrett tried to crack his skull open, only then did people even care that Rudolph tried to yank his helmet off. He deserves a fine, and I'm guessing he'll get one.

Pouncey's suspension was also deserved in the name of consistency.

Yes every game a guy tries to rip a dudes helment off, kicks him in the groin, and then tries to charge the guy. Every game...

Rudolph a punk for not owning up to it and acting all innocent, debating pressing charges, and calling Garrett out while not owning up to his mistakes. I understand what Rudolph did is not even close to what Garrett did but the way Rudolph has acted from the second the helment struck his head makes me think Garrett knocked all the respectability and decency out of him. 

EJasTDtXYAEK133?format=jpg&name=medium

Again, what Garrett did was horrible in the heat of the moment but at least afterwards he owned up to it (I understand it doesn't make it right). Afterwards Rudolph threw ALL the blame from himself and is acting innocent. ******** coward I tell you... I hate that s--- with all my guts when people that start something and inniciate conflict act innocent and surprised when there is a retaliation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Yes every game a guy tries to rip a dudes helment off, kicks him in the groin, and then tries to charge the guy. Every game...

Rudolph a punk for not owning up to it and acting all innocent, debating pressing charges, and calling Garrett out while not owning up to his mistakes. I understand what Rudolph did is not even close to what Garrett did but the way Rudolph has acted from the second the helment struck his head makes me think Garrett knocked all the respectability and decency out of him. 

EJasTDtXYAEK133?format=jpg&name=medium

Again, what Garrett did was horrible in the heat of the moment but at least afterwards he owned up to it (I understand it doesn't make it right). Afterwards Rudolph threw ALL the blame from himself and is acting innocent. ******** coward I tell you... I hate that s--- with all my guts when people that start something and inniciate conflict act innocent and surprised when there is a retaliation. 

Send to Goodell for Garrett's appeal. 🤣

15 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

For anyone with enough disposable income, please offer Marv/Harlan a moderate amount of money to team up with Jim Ross and record a calling of this play.

It would be a Christmas gift to the world

if someone overlayed classic Jim Ross calls on top of last night's clip it would be up there with the Vince McMahon/Josh Gordon gif as rotoworld GOAT comedy. I can hear him now...

"Good god almighty, they've killed him!!"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

In my opinon the Haynesworth one is a million times worse. With Garrett, you at least can see that it happened in the heat of the moment and from a lack of ability to control emotions. Haynesworth was flat out some psychopath s---. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Send to Goodell for Garrett's appeal. 🤣

I doubt he tries to get Rudolph suspended. It's in the Browns best interest if he plays in 2 weeks. Funny thing is he was compared by a lot of scouts to Osweiler due to his measurables. I didn't think it's possible to be worse than Osweiler but dude looks like if Osweiler got drunk and went out on a football field. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Hide contents

Lmao and where did I defend Garrett? What I said was true. I can walk you through what Garrett did too but I’d rather do that in his thread.

everyone is arguing for the same thing but if you don’t mention Garrett in your criticism of mason then you are defending him. That’s why I started putting a disclaimer at the bottom of my posts saying “I’m not defending what Garrett did” lol