DZaak

Zach Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, christino3286 said:

After tonight with Whiteside out there is Collins a drop? 

lol he played more mins that Whiteside and was in foul trouble the first half. He is fine, coach loves him 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, christino3286 said:

Huh? He played 30 minutes. 

Edited by HK-47

Denver is really tough defensively as well, he missed a couple of wiiiide open threes or this line would’ve looked a lot better. You do not drop a late round threes and blocks big man with a safe role.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, christino3286 said:

I watched the game. He doesnt get a lot of opportunities to shoot the ball so if you were expecting him to average 14-15 ppg you wont be getting that. All I know is that the Trailblazers like this guy and told him he is going to have every opportunity to succeed. He played 30 minutes and while his line was not great, those 2 blocks helped. He's known for threes and blocks and if you are going to get 30+ minutes a night guaranteed every game, there will be games where he will hit 3-5 threes with 3-5 blocks.

I play in a points league so last nights line was pretty terrible for me. Is there really much optimism that it will be any better? There are a lot of potential league winners sitting on waivers this time of the year, probably dropping if he doesn't show up next game...

I wonder if people are worried about CJ Mccollum as well.

There were a lot of factors against him, so i would not be worried.

JUST ONE GAME.

3 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

I wonder if people are worried about CJ Mccollum as well.

There were a lot of factors against him, so i would not be worried.

JUST ONE GAME.

But McCullom actually had plenty of usage, he just had a bad shooting night. Zach played 31 minutes and didn't do much of anything. He looks like the fifth option on offense and I think Whiteside swallows up a lot of his rebounds. I think he is more just a blocks guy for category leagues.

For anyone else in points leagues that are curious I went ahead and dropped him for Bacon. Don't think Zach's usage will be there this season.

The last two games have been under whelming I think im dropping him for either prince or Brandon Clarke. Both I feel provide more production in h2h 9 cat leagues 

Minutes is there,but the production is not enough

21 minutes ago, kane said:

Minutes is there,but the production is not enough

I tend to agree. I'll give him one more game, otherwise I think I'm going to drop him for either Nunn, Bacon or Bridges

Strong hold, he’s getting minimum 30mpg and they can’t close games with whiteside on the floor. Collins moves to the 5. 

• Like 1

He's a better player than this and we saw it at the most important moments last post season. It's been two games and if you actually watched them, he's doing all the little things for his team that don't show up in the box score--hence the minutes. Patience is a virtue in this long season, and I wouldn't drop unless a proven commodity with a guaranteed role pops up on the wire

• Like 1

I don't get points in my league for minutes or for doing the little things. Don't think his game is well suited for fantasy tbh. Sure you can hold him but I wouldn't hesitate to drop him if a breakout player emerges from the wire.

• Like 1

I am debating dropping, but I am hesitant because of what he seems to be capable of and the lack of that on the wire. I know for a fact too with a few in my league that if I drop him now he will get scooped up.

It was just preseason but he showed he can be more active on offense.  It has just been two games. He is not going to get big scoring numbers but that should never be expected. But I still think he can get to 12 PPG with a block/block and a half and a three with percentages that won’t hurt you. Rebounding with Whiteside around is concerning yes but I still believe he can get to 7 a game.

And he is guaranteed 30 minutes no matter what given their roster and how much they like him, and will be out there at either the four or five in crunch time. I have to think the numbers should get better.  I am in Roto so he is on my bench for now anyway. I say give it another game or two.

A 2 block 1-2 threes, double double big on great %'s has a lot of value. He's a guy you round out your roster with, if you're debating dropping him you must be desperate to improve your team just 2 days into the season.

This guy really showed some promise near the end of last season and in the post season. He had a monster 6 block game. That could swing a week for you in one category.

Whiteside is also injury prone, and half way through seasons he seems to get bored/unmotivated. Moreover, often times because of his poor freethrow shooting and his mechanical post moves, Miami down the stretch of games went away from him and opted for a quicker/more mobile players.

As games get deeper lineups get smaller, you see more tweeners and small ball centers because teams want to speed up and score more. The reason being is that the defense tightens in the last 5 minutes or so and you need every single player on the floor to be able to create offense or stretch the floor to open things up for penetration.

People who don't watch his games wouldn't know, but that first game against the Nuggets he missed 2 wide open threes, he had all day and he airballed one of them. The line could've looked a lot better.

Collins won't be an extremely high usage guy - that's not who he is (for the time being), but he's better than the first 2 games have shown, he had a few double doubles in the preseason, so I'm not concerned at all. If anything I consider this his floor. 

Lastly, finding bigs on the wire at this point of the season is next to impossible. For me he's my 4th or 5th best big, so it doesn't bother me. It obviously depends on who's available on your wire, but if you're desperate for a big man and you're in a league with a thin wire, good luck finding a Center with his upside sitting there.

1. Awesome handcuff to Whiteside

2. Brook Lopez skill set with 3's/blocks/percentages at a much later round (will be rank friendly)

3. He has a much higher skill ceiling than what he's shown thus far

4. He plays down the stretch of games, has zero competition for minutes at either PF or even as a backup C. Skal isn't coming for his job any time soon. 

5. Centers and PGs are really thin on the wire. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

A 2 block 1-2 threes, double double big on great %'s has a lot of value. He's a guy you round out your roster with, if you're debating dropping him you must be desperate to improve your team just 2 days into the season.

This guy really showed some promise near the end of last season and in the post season. He had a monster 6 block game. That could swing a week for you in one category.

Whiteside is also injury prone, and half way through seasons he seems to get bored/unmotivated. Moreover, often times because of his poor freethrow shooting and his mechanical post moves, Miami down the stretch of games went away from him and opted for a quicker/more mobile players.

As games get deeper lineups get smaller, you see more tweeners and small ball centers because teams want to speed up and score more. The reason being is that the defense tightens in the last 5 minutes or so and you need every single player on the floor to be able to create offense or stretch the floor to open things up for penetration.

People who don't watch his games wouldn't know, but that first game against the Nuggets he missed 2 wide open threes, he had all day and he airballed one of them. The line could've looked a lot better.

Collins won't be an extremely high usage guy - that's not who he is (for the time being), but he's better than the first 2 games have shown, he had a few double doubles in the preseason, so I'm not concerned at all. If anything I consider this his floor. 

Lastly, finding bigs on the wire at this point of the season is next to impossible. For me he's my 4th or 5th best big, so it doesn't bother me. It obviously depends on who's available on your wire, but if you're desperate for a big man and you're in a league with a thin wire, good luck finding a Center with his upside sitting there.

1. Awesome handcuff to Whiteside

2. Brook Lopez skill set with 3's/blocks/percentages at a much later round (will be rank friendly)

3. He has a much higher skill ceiling than what he's shown thus far

4. He plays down the stretch of games, has zero competition for minutes at either PF or even as a backup C. Skal isn't coming for his job any time soon. 

5. Centers and PGs are really thin on the wire. 

only valid point you have is that bigs are thin on the wire.  Other than that, there is absolutely 0% chance he averages anywhere close to 10 rebounds a game, or 2 blocks/threes.  He gets 30 mpg but isn’t involved on offense.  I agree that he can do better than what he’s shown but the stats he has now are more or less what he’ll be: a 8-6 guy at best with 1.1-1.3 threes and 1.1 blocks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

only valid point you have is that bigs are thin on the wire.  Other than that, there is absolutely 0% chance he averages anywhere close to 10 rebounds a game, or 2 blocks/threes.  He gets 30 mpg but isn’t involved on offense.  I agree that he can do better than what he’s shown but the stats he has now are more or less what he’ll be: a 8-6 guy at best with 1.1-1.3 threes and 1.1 blocks.  

Name checks out.  It's been said already -- ZC isn't a high usage player.  You don't draft the guy expecting volume/scoring.  Your projection puts you in the minority.  

In a competitive 12-team H2H league I'm not cutting a guy with the opportunity to average 10/7/1 complimented with a 3, .7 steals and 1.3 blocks (if not better) after a two game showing.  He is expected to end up as BroLo light, which is why he's drafted in the 9th round or later instead of the 6th/7th.  

43 minutes ago, 80version said:

Name checks out.  It's been said already -- ZC isn't a high usage player.  You don't draft the guy expecting volume/scoring.  Your projection puts you in the minority.  

In a competitive 12-team H2H league I'm not cutting a guy with the opportunity to average 10/7/1 complimented with a 3, .7 steals and 1.3 blocks (if not better) after a two game showing.  He is expected to end up as BroLo light, which is why he's drafted in the 9th round or later instead of the 6th/7th.  

So that guys calls out another person by saying that 2 blocks and 2 3s isn't realistic and it's closer to 1/1 and you respond by calling him a scrub and that you expect him to put up a 3 with 1.3 blocks?? Almost the exact projection he posted? The only scrub here is you my guy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

So that guys calls out another person by saying that 2 blocks and 2 3s isn't realistic and it's closer to 1/1 and you respond by calling him a scrub and that you expect him to put up a 3 with 1.3 blocks?? Almost the exact projection he posted? The only scrub here is you my guy

I didn't care enough to elaborate on how said poster is neglecting the other valid points made.  Thought it was obvious enough but whatever, guess some folks will stay_sleeping on Collins. 

27 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

lmfao Seriously, what a ridiculous ******** response 

guy calls me a scrub and says my projection of 8-6, 1.1 threes, 1.1 blocks puts me in the minority and then comes through with his own projection of 10-7, 1 three, 1.3 blocks hahahahahahahaha 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 80version said:

I didn't care enough to elaborate on how said poster is neglecting the other valid points made.  Thought it was obvious enough but whatever, guess some folks will stay_sleeping on Collins. 

there’s nothing to elaborate, you embarrassed yourself.  Like I said, I was countering the guy’s projection of 10-10, 2 threes, 2 blocks on good fg.  That would make Collins a top 20 player, it ain’t happening.  I agree that bigs who get minutes and blocks are hard to come by on the wire so I’m not dropping him for the moment but he’ll be the first to go if someone better comes along.  He ain’t Brook Lopez lite, he’s dewayne dedmon light 

Edited by Fantasyscrub