wildcat62

Lou Williams 2019-2020 Outlook

Can sweet Lou keep it rolling for another year? How much will PG & Kawhi effect him? 

Obviously he takes a big hit here. However he'll be a great option in games PG or Kawhi miss. Who knows how many that could be. ADP sitting in the 80s from what I saw...I'll probably let someone else draft him as there is upside I like there better. He could end up a bargain.

• Like 1

A lot of the fantasy analysts are saying he's taking a hit, which logically should hold true.  But I kind of feel like we said this last year, and possibly the year before as well? 

49 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

A lot of the fantasy analysts are saying he's taking a hit, which logically should hold true.  But I kind of feel like we said this last year, and possibly the year before as well? 

Yes and he took a huge hit last year as he went from 44 to 101 in BBM. 

I think he can still be around 22/6/3 with two threes and a steal and be a top 10 FT asset when PG13 and Kawhi both sit, which should be about 15 games a year.  When they're playing his ceiling is limited, but his floor is still solid bc he will be coming off the bench, and he can still eviscerate opposing benches.  His season average should be around 18/5/3 with two threes and a steal.  His value is deflated by high TO, low FG on high volume, and putrid rebounds and stocks.  Those weaknesses will keep him outside the top 100.  But he's top 60 in punt FG/TO.  Additionally, if you just need guard stats then no one offers his upside past the 7th round or so.  So I think his actual better is than what BBM would indicate.     

• Like 1

He will still come off the bench, so I don’t think the issue will be there with PG and Kawhi that he loses a lot of shots. 

And if they are together on the field it rather opens up some shots for him which should benefit his FG. Pretty underrated player like every year, I think we can expect solid numbers again from him and maybe even more when PG and Kawhi sit.

With his track record, if you don't mind drafting high-variance guys, and need popcorn stats with treys, he's a great pick after the top 80. Hard to project the impact of so much added talent... how much of the time will Kawhi or PG be on court with Lou? Does he still get that major spark plug role? He's defies us before, as mentioned above.

This is just what he does.  One reason why he's that X factor off the bench.  Another playoff team might be able to keep up with Kawhi/PG13, but how are you going to contend with 20 points off the bench?

Monster year incoming 

Close to 90% at the line for today ( 78% to 80% overall ) after the Westbrook + Harden combo. Good lookin, Sweet 👌

Edited by Trench Mob

Usage bump/ more minutes off the bench tonight with Kawhii getting his rest in early? Only 4 games but averaging 20+ppg so far. 

Not a football type handcuff but he has standalone value and then pairing him with Kawhii/PG13 helps ease the pain a bit on the load management days and injuries.

Looks great so far, but you can almost definitely expect a dip in production when PG comes back. They may not play him 4th quarter in blowouts and if they have a heavy but not quite blowout lead in the 4th, he may not see the court in those games if they're looking for defense to keep the game out of reach (only applies when Kawhi and PG are playing, otherwise his offense offsets the defense). He is a sell high, but can still see him avg 15 to 18 a game 2nd half of season with, as always, elite ft production. With all the DNPs kawhi and PG will get, who knows really. Traded him for morant last week, and think I will be happy with that trade soon enough. 

Thought about trading him away with Paul George back. But idk. Convincing me not to. Hmm...

It's just not too many FT anchors unfortunately. Exchange him for DeRozan? Gallo? Eh I'm good.

They need Lous scoring badly. Nobody outside of KL and PG can get buckets at will. Lous underrated af

Great situation for him at the moment.. will never be rested and will always get his fair amount of shots coming on with the 2nd unit..  

Personally I’d go with Ben because he’s hot and it’s the Cavs. I don’t doubt Lou Williams will have a good game too. It’s Kawhi first game back and the atmosphere in the building will be high. Pretty sure he plays well against the Raps too since they traded him but Raptors are one of the best defensive teams, he may get locked down. 

Out Friday. Sore Calf. 

• Thanks 1