Daz Gervin

Ben Simmons 2019-2020 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Is he a drop? Playoffs start next week and re-evaluation is in 2 weeks. Most reports saying Sixers hope he’s back for the playoffs. By the time he’s back and conditioning is back fantasy will be over no?

Sorta depends on your situation.  As a Simmons owner, I'm gonna wait, but honestly doesn't look good.  Milton's playing well and given Ben's situation, the Sixers may elect to let him rest before the playoffs.  It's a pity they're not trying to fight harder for seeding (they can easily catch the Pacers and/or the ailing Heat) since it'd probably be better to play against the Celts (3rd) than the Raptors (2nd).

2 minutes ago, MWon said:

Sorta depends on your situation.  As a Simmons owner, I'm gonna wait, but honestly doesn't look good.  Milton's playing well and given Ben's situation, the Sixers may elect to let him rest before the playoffs.  It's a pity they're not trying to fight harder for seeding (they can easily catch the Pacers and/or the ailing Heat) since it'd probably be better to play against the Celts (3rd) than the Raptors (2nd).

I’m second but could fall to third this week. We’ll get another update next week so I’ll hold but one of Simmons or Towns needs to go 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I’m second but could fall to third this week. We’ll get another update next week so I’ll hold but one of Simmons or Towns needs to go 

If you've got the IL, it's probably fine to leave him there, but yeah, with both Simmons and Towns and assuming typical PO schedule (Wk 22-24), you're playing with fire there.

Good luck though.  I've got a slew of injuries but at least, as a fellow KAT/Simmons owner, they're both separated in different leagues.  Hope we get good news.

• Like 1

Another 2 weeks? Can't find an update, also ESPN doesn't provide one yet. I won't drop him since I have an IR open and have the #1 spot locked in (Playoffs start 23rd), but I really need him in the Playoffs.... Damn why didn't he just skip the ASG??? :( 

8 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Another 2 weeks? Can't find an update, also ESPN doesn't provide one yet. I won't drop him since I have an IR open and have the #1 spot locked in (Playoffs start 23rd), but I really need him in the Playoffs.... Damn why didn't he just skip the ASG??? :( 

We get an update next week that will be the 2 week re-evaluation so hopefully we get positive news. Almost dropped him yesterday but i just cant. Dude got injured grabbing a rebound in freaking practice

Yeah, he was playing so well that it's too frustrating to drop him.  All those trip dubs and steals down the drain.

But has there been any news about a possible reevaulation since the Feb 25th blurb?  It's exactly two weeks since that day, and since then they said they'd evaluate him with a potential timetable in two weeks, I'd imagine they should be giving an update this week.  I think that distinction's pretty important, since many of us have the leeway to figure out what to do with him THIS week (Week 21) before the POs next week (Week 22) rather than having to decide during the actual playoffs.

24 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah, he was playing so well that it's too frustrating to drop him.  All those trip dubs and steals down the drain.

But has there been any news about a possible reevaulation since the Feb 25th blurb?  It's exactly two weeks since that day, and since then they said they'd evaluate him with a potential timetable in two weeks, I'd imagine they should be giving an update this week.  I think that distinction's pretty important, since many of us have the leeway to figure out what to do with him THIS week (Week 21) before the POs next week (Week 22) rather than having to decide during the actual playoffs.

They provided updates on Embiid and Richardson so I assume Simmons is next sometime this week. I hope the inflammation is gone so they can figure out how much longer he’s out 

Yup, just saw that.  It broke my heart.  It's better than no update at all though, since it gives us clarity on what to do.

There's no way you can feasibly hold Simmons unless you've got a late PO schedule, since 'reevaluation' would be on April 1 at the earliest, which is halfway through most people's Week 24 finals.  And that doesn't even mean he could play after that either. Sad though.  He was so good for me.

Who do you pick up ? For streamer 

glen Robinson ?

Thinking if I should drop him or not... our league lasts till the last day of the regular season, so theoretically he can still play in the week of Apr 6 - 15, though seems like a slim chance

2 minutes ago, vincentwsho said:

Thinking if I should drop him or not... our league lasts till the last day of the regular season, so theoretically he can still play in the week of Apr 6 - 15, though seems like a slim chance

Naw he’s done. He’s only getting re-evaluated in 3 weeks there’s no chance he plays again 

33 minutes ago, vincentwsho said:

Theoretically, yes.  If you've got a late PO schedule, you CAN hold him in your IL if you absolutely have the bandwidth (why not).  But it's a huge longshot, since you'd need a very, very favorable result of that reeval, and even if he WAS cleared on that day, which is extremely unlikely, he'd still need to practice and he'd have restrictions (no B2Bs or minute limit).  Doesn't help that Milton's been playing well either.  Therefore, you really really need to temper your expectations here, because even in the slimmest of chances that he could return, do you think he could actually help your team, say vs a stream spot or hot FA?

Good god, how sad is it that most of us Ben owners are wishing we drafted Shake friggin Milton out of all people with our 2nd/3rd round pick instead ...? I hate fantasy.

2 minutes ago, MWon said:

Theoretically, yes.  If you've got a late PO schedule, you CAN hold him in your IL if you absolutely have the bandwidth (why not).  But it's a huge longshot, since you'd need a very, very favorable result of that reeval, and even if he WAS cleared on that day, which is extremely unlikely, he'd still need to practice and he'd have restrictions (no B2Bs or minute limit).  Doesn't help that Milton's been playing well either.  Therefore, you really really need to temper your expectations here, because even in the slimmest of chances that he could return, do you think he could actually help your team, say vs a stream spot or hot FA?

Good god, how sad is it that most of us Ben owners are wishing we drafted Shake friggin Milton out of all people with our 2nd/3rd round pick instead ...? I hate fantasy.

Thanks so much for your detailed analysis... after reading all your comments, I just dropped him. Luckily I could still add Josh Richardson in my league

Im gonna regret dropping this guy so much if the NBA goes on a hiatus. Please please please proceed with empty stadium games 😭

3 hours ago, justaguy said:

Im gonna regret dropping this guy so much if the NBA goes on a hiatus. Please please please proceed with empty stadium games 😭

Lol I'm already regretting it now

• Like 1

i was planning on stashing him on IR. sucks for all the people that dropped him before news of the suspension arose.

@DonutGiveUp, you drop Simmons?

I held for this exact reason (I had heard rumblings that the NBA might postpone or suspend the league yesterday morning).

7 hours ago, pokolo said:

i was planning on stashing him on IR. sucks for all the people that dropped him before news of the suspension arose.

I just dropped him hours before the news broke...asking my commish for a mulligan given the circumstances 

6 hours ago, MWon said:

@DonutGiveUp, you drop Simmons?

I held for this exact reason (I had heard rumblings that the NBA might postpone or suspend the league yesterday morning).

Ya man I did but others moved on from Capela, Brogdon and injured stars. I have locked transactions in our league so no slimy activity occurs. If we resume the guys who dropped injured players I will let them pick them back up as no one for sure knew season would get stopped. But honestly man this was the icing on the cake for how sh** and not enjoyable this fantasy season has been 

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Ya man I did but others moved on from Capela, Brogdon and injured stars. I have locked transactions in our league so no slimy activity occurs. If we resume the guys who dropped injured players I will let them pick them back up as no one for sure knew season would get stopped. But honestly man this was the icing on the cake for how sh** and not enjoyable this fantasy season has been 

Sucks dude.  That's definitely fair.  But this has been a crazy fantasy season, with all the injuries and now the entire NBA temporarily shutting down. 

Let's hope, beyond just fantasy, the world is okay.  Sorta takes into perspective how insignificant individual player injuries are now.

• Like 1

Back on the Simmons train! Hope your rehab goes well during these trying times

I was going to drop but he was in my IR stash and nobody else injured. Glad I didnt, even though I dont think itll matter. I think fantasy is done for the year