munde53

Benny Snell Jr. 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, cerdo said:

eh- samuels aint dead.

In the fantasy world he is right now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

In the fantasy world he is right now 

disagree. they got the bye coming up. gives time for conner to heal and samuels to heal more. miami after the break- conner will get his.

snell will burn a bench spot for the next 2 weeks and then be 3rd on the depth chart once samuels is back.

so must own? nope. not in my book.

Edited by cerdo

I agree with above but also there seems to be some ambiguity about how long Samuels will be out. Snell is definitely in a race against time to be fantasy relevant though and the bye doesn't help. He needs a Conner to miss games while Samuels is still out. 

7 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Conner played 90 percent of snaps and Benny Snell got 17 carries?

Prior to when they went into clock-killing mode. 

Yeah he's not a must own by any means. You'd need Conner to get hurt in the Miami game to get one start out of him before Samuels was back. Definitely not worth a 2-3 week hold for that slim chance. 

[...] Out of everyone on waivers I think he has best chance to produce this weekend for RB's (next to Ty Johnson/McKissic)

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

8 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

[...] Out of everyone on waivers I think he has best chance to produce this weekend for RB's (next to Ty Johnson/McKissic)

Why? Because they're playing Miami and you think it'll be a blowout with lots of garbage time? Miami is actually looking better with Fitz now and Pittsburgh is no juggernaut. I could see that game being close just as the Buffalo/Miami game was last weekend. Seems to me you'd have to be super desperate to consider starting Snell now but I don't mind him as a stash, although with them playing Monday you could potentially stash someone else through the weekend and drop for Snell before the Monday game(in yahoo leagues at least)

8 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Isn’t Connor fine? 

14 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Isn’t Connor fine? 

giphy.gif

The words "Conner" and "fine" should never go together. 

@owenmills - I probably wouldn't play him this weekend, but being that Samuels will be missing a few more weeks at the minimum, and Conner being Conner, Snells provides some upside that I would like to have on my team. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

giphy.gif

The words "Conner" and "fine" should never go together. 

@owenmills - I probably wouldn't play him this weekend, but being that Samuels will be missing a few more weeks at the minimum, and Conner being Conner, Snells provides some upside that I would like to have on my team. 

[...]

From what I've read Conner is not injured coming off the bye week. 

22 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Isn’t Connor fine? 

You can usually bet on no when asking that question. We won't know for sure until practice today but I would be stunned if he is practicing. I'm thinking he suits up but Snell is worht rostering for when he goes down again. 

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

You can usually bet on no when asking that question. We won't know for sure until practice today but I would be stunned if he is practicing. I'm thinking he suits up but Snell is worht rostering for when he goes down again. 

Alright

11 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I think the answer to the question here is yes though, at least Conner is as 'fine' as can be expected after playing half a season of football. Of course practice reports this week will tell the tale, but I'd actually be surprised if he didn't practice this week, coming off the bye. 

I think that Snell is a drop for now if Samuels is healthy.  If Conner misses time, it would likely be a committee of Samuels and Snell.

I think Snell is hold... who knows what happens when someone gets hurt... 

Gotta be in a real deep league for Snell to be a hold now that Samuels has been deemed healthy. 

10 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Drop city 

Coming from someone who rose from the dead

• Like 3

Back in August he got pulled over for speeding. He had a small amount of pot in the car and admitted to smoking some an hour before driving. The misdemeanor charges were dropped and only the speeding ticket was enforced but he will probably face a suspension from the NFL due to their policy. 

Jaylen Samuel seems to be the top handcuff to Connor at the moment

10 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Back in August he got pulled over for speeding. He had a small amount of pot in the car and admitted to smoking some an hour before driving. The misdemeanor charges were dropped and only the speeding ticket was enforced but he will probably face a suspension from the NFL due to their policy. 

Jaylen Samuel seems to be the top handcuff to Connor at the moment

100%, and not only for the reason you mention, but because when healthy Samuels was already the clear backup. Snell has zero value in redraft.