munde53

Benny Snell Jr. 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Is this just a play for this week or could he have relevance going forward? Conner close to coming back?

Check back in around 4:00

Well Connor's shoulder will be a constant issue from now until eternity. I own Snell and I started him today in my deep keeper league. I feel safe with Snell. I loved him in college and I think he's here to stay. 

8 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Well Connor's shoulder will be a constant issue from now until eternity. I own Snell and I started him today in my deep keeper league. I feel safe with Snell. I loved him in college and I think he's here to stay. 

Tons of usage. I feel like they’re not going to want to pay conner, so anything could happen. I’m pessimistic but also holding in the one league I have snell. How could you not w 20+ touches?

• Like 1

Seems like they're putting him straight into the Conner role. Thank god I picked him up just before the games started.

At this point I'd take him over handcuffs like Gus, etc. (only if you don't own the primary back). There seems to be a very real chance Conner sits out the rest of the season and he truly takes over just in time for fantasy playoffs.

It continues to entertain me how horrible rotoworld's opinion blurbs are

Snell is nothing special as a runner, and Conner should be back this coming week or very soon after that

I don't think anyone should go overboard on hyping Snell yet but why would you write off a rookie who's barely touched the ball as 'nothing special' especially considering what he did at Kentucky. And nobody has any clue yet when Conner will get back to the field

• Like 2

Just now, owenmills said:

Snell is nothing special as a runner, and Conner should be back this coming week or very soon after that

I don't think anyone should go overboard on hyping Snell yet but why would you write off a rookie who's barely touched the ball as 'nothing special' especially considering what he did at Kentucky. And nobody has any clue yet when Conner will get back to the field

As a Connor owner who desperately wants to add Snell. I'm glad they are keeping the hype down. 

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Would prefer rotoworld just aggregate the news from other sources and not try to make the news

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Benny Snell Football! He deserves a look and maybe even an add after yesterdays solid performance. Hes slow but has decent vision, power, and elusiveness. Need to rewatch tape but that is my initial impression. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Benny Snell Football! He deserves a look and maybe even an add after yesterdays solid performance. Hes slow but has decent vision, power, and elusiveness. Need to rewatch tape but that is my initial impression. 

He’s basically Conner’s handcuff, and who knows how long James will be out. It’s pretty obvious now that Samuels role doesn’t change whether Conner is in or out.

Any other thoughts on this dude? Looks like the man in Pitt, but the same thing was said for Samuels. Edmunds is still there. He did get 17 carries week 6, and then got 21 last game. Decent next 2 games in clev, arizona, and probably thats it. 

Word is he is gonna get some totes this week... and I think I'm gonna like it...

Edited by hard1

14 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Did he get the goalline carries for anyone that watched last week?

I’m not even sure If they had any true goal line scenarios.  Probably can’t count on a lot of opportunities inside the 10 yard line for Snell unfortunately 

On 11/25/2019 at 5:59 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’s basically Conner’s handcuff, and who knows how long James will be out. It’s pretty obvious now that Samuels role doesn’t change whether Conner is in or out.

Samuels got more run when Conner was active then he got last week.  Looks like the coaching staff has no faith in him and its Snells job for now.  But in the offense they are currently running it makes him barely a RB2.  What a weird friggin year.  For the past decade or more you could always count on any starting RB for Pitt or an andy reid coached team to be a RB1 play weekly.

39 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Samuels got more run when Conner was active then he got last week.  Looks like the coaching staff has no faith in him and its Snells job for now.  But in the offense they are currently running it makes him barely a RB2.  What a weird friggin year.  For the past decade or more you could always count on any starting RB for Pitt or an andy reid coached team to be a RB1 play weekly.

Not weird if you think about the sheer lack of talent under center for Pitt, or the lack of an attempt to let one of any of the talented backs to get a good rhythm going out in KC. Snell isn’t CMC, who can carry the team. Andy won’t give one guy a solid chance, this year. I guess he did w Damien and then he got hurt. Your point is taken too bro 

I like Snell cause he's stout and build to the ground with that center of gravity like a polished paperweight top. Thick through the tackles to bust in just North and South. Tree trunk legs and a purpose, not a dancer, just a miniature Tonka truck straight from the scrapyard. Just built for a .500 team with no offensive identity but a great defense.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I like Snell cause he's stout and build to the ground with that center of gravity like a polished paperweight top. Thick through the tackles to bust in just North and South. Tree trunk legs and a purpose, not a dancer, just a miniature Tonka truck straight from the scrapyard. Just built for a .500 team with no offensive identity but a great defense.

I believe him, don’t know why but I do

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So were would you rank Snell for this week? Another 20+ carries coming his way with Hodges under center, in a revenge game at home against a Garrett-less Browns D? Even with Garrett they are barely average against the run. Seems like a solid high floor RB2, flex at worst.