Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Dropping him in my 10 team. Can't keep dealing with this. Disappointing but I doubt anyone in my league grabs him anyway.

2 hours ago, Mauve said:

I am not seeing anywhere that he is a GTD. Most recent notes on Roto and Yahoo are when he was ruled out for last night

Good, just false info being posted here then.

Wed, Nov 13

Otto Porter (left foot sprain) will remain on the sidelines for Thursday's game in Milwaukee.

Advice: Jim Boylen did say that Porter has shown signs of improvement, but he was again held out of Wednesday's practice, so we'll consider him doubtful for Saturday's game against the Nets as well. Chandler Hutchison has started the past two games sans Porter, but he's been hit-or-miss and doesn't offer very much upside. There's not an obvious fantasy pickup while Porter is out.

More: K.C. Johnson on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

23 minutes ago, showtime1 said:

Yea this is his third missed game isn't he supposed to get one?

After this game he probably will, on ESPN at least, its usually 3 missed games and they get the *Out* tag or once they get ruled out for the 4th game, ESPN is nit picky like that

Funny how people can easily consider dropping a top 50 player after being out what? 4 days? Congrats on one of your biggest regrets this season 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Funny how people can easily consider dropping a top 50 player after being out what? 4 days? Congrats on one of your biggest regrets this season 

OPJ is no stud. There's incentive to play and win 1st in reg season. Also no IR. With bagley, teague, collins on the WW I thought why not? 

I think for shallow leagues you can drop. He's been on our waivers for a while now. He hasn't show anything this season yet and theres just too many downsides. Inj prone, load manage, coach, too many ballhogs, bad playoff sched.

Edited by deathrazor

7 minutes ago, mtx said:

OPJ is no stud. There's incentive to play and win 1st in reg season. Also no IR. With bagley, teague, collins on the WW I thought why not? 

Taco league

5 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Taco league

call it whatever you want. Dude sucks and is a headache to own and is being monitored when healthy. He’s the 4th option on a bad a squad and is day to day or out for the last two years. If that’s a stud then everyone in the nba is a stud. 

Bottom Line, wouldn't cut in 12 or larger team leagues, 10 teamers no issue with it, 12 teamers if your strapped by the PED suspensions and hand injuries n such, go for it

21 minutes ago, vyun said:

Even at his best a few seasons ago, Otto was mid-round and probably in the lower-mid. He gets you good threes and steals, but there are so many 3&D players now that that's probably the easiest stat combo to acquire off the waiver. Think D.House, K.Bazemore, etc. I wouldn't drop Otto due to a few missed games, I would drop him because he is playing like trash.

You seem like the type of person who loses your leagues because you're too stubborn and name-driven to do what it takes. Scared money don't make no money kid

He was top 40 past season in 9 cat averaged stats 🤔. Somewhat right this season with his minutes restricted and with the bulls going nowhere, he's gonna be a headache to own

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vyun said:

Even at his best a few seasons ago, Otto was mid-round and probably in the lower-mid. He gets you good threes and steals, but there are so many 3&D players now that that's probably the easiest stat combo to acquire off the waiver. Think D.House, K.Bazemore, etc. I wouldn't drop Otto due to a few missed games, I would drop him because he is playing like trash.

You seem like the type of person who loses your leagues because you're too stubborn and name-driven to do what it takes. Scared money don't make no money kid

I came 1st, 2nd and 3rd in my 3 money leagues last season, and 1st in 2 leagues the season prior. I've got experience. I can tell you don't by comparing baze and house to otto. Hes been a top 30 9cat guy 3 out of the last 4 seasons and is a notoriously slow starter. You drop, I hold, and we'll see who made the right choice later in the season. This is based off of performance, not unforseen injuries down the line.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

There's a difference between guys that aren't hitting their shots and Porter. We see a couple guys every year that start the year banged up and have 3-4 injuries the first month in the year. It ends up being a lost season and they're a wasted pick. That's why I dumped Otto the second someone inexplicably offered me a Top 100 player for him. I'll let him burn a hole in somebody else's roster. And then I'll gladly draft him next year.

The wiser approach is to trade him if you dont have the patience or don’t believe he’ll get it together.

Even when he was a mess in washington, I still had to give a decent player to get him (Pre-Marc Ibaka). No reason the people complaining can’t do the same.

He IS ruled out for the 3rd game, WTFFFFF yahoo. He needs the god damn INJ tag. F me

It's the injuries. But Otto still has the pedigree to become ranked top 25, and if you actually watched him play last season during the times when was healthy, you'd know. Name-driven? Please, I dare you to offer Bazemore for OPJ.

What a clown.

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Like 1

@ROTY @vyun stick to the topic & take the back & forth to private messaging. Everyone has an opinion. Dont like theirs, get over it & leave the  comments off of here.

3 minutes ago, adreeyun said:

What is everyone doing with this guy? Dropping or holding?

Put him on the IL, and pick up Boucher, Kendrick Williams, etc (short-term WW help).