Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

How could you consider dropping this guy?

hes easily puts up top 50 value. 

Don't bother. Just hope those people join your league one day lol

• Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 5:02 PM, ROTY said:

Taco league

What choice do I have, no IL spots in my league and I am gunning for 1st place Regular Season. I could stash Bagley, Collins, OPJ and maybe come middle of pack at best or I could keep picking up hot FAs and gun for 1st. OPJ going to be hurt all season and might get shut down by the time fantasy playoffs arrives.

Picked up Daniel House Jr, Jabari Parker, TT so can't really complain for now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vyun said:

Dumb move. Don't disagree with dropping OPJ in a vacuum, but PJ is garbage and not worth it

Is everyone garbage to you?  PJ is averaging 13-6, 1.3 stls, 1.6 threes, 0.8 blocks, 49.5% fg and he's only going to get better as he's unleashed the 2nd half of the season

21 minutes ago, vyun said:

Dumb move. Don't disagree with dropping OPJ in a vacuum, but PJ is garbage and not worth it

pj tucker is not garbage lol. hes ranked where OPJ SHOULD be ranked.

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, vyun said:

PJ Tucker is a top 25 player in 9cat right now. What are you smoking?

2 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

just checked, after last night 44th. but still 

RPDmkvH.png

Nevertheless, you gotta still hold on to this guy. Chicago is playing like s--- so they gotta make a move to either fire s--- a** boylen or make some trades to change the current situation. OPJ is not suffering a season ending injury and is already showing sign of reborn before the foot sprain injury.... I don’t see why you have to drop him or sell him low. 

1 minute ago, vyun said:

Ahh I thought yall meant PJ Washington who is trash. Tuck is not bad. This is goddamn why people need to stop being so lazy and specify if they want any helpful advice or conversation. What a waste of everyones time

you assumed, i never asked for anything

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i dont think this updates as fast as if u hit the "average stats" tab. I see 44th.

You're probably right, the 25 must be based on total stats.

1 hour ago, vyun said:

PJ Washington who is trash

PJ Washington is more than rosterable, especially for a guy you got off the wire. Obviously wouldn't drop OPJ for him but how can you call a potential 1-1-1 trash? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hyperize said:

PJ Washington is more than rosterable, especially for a guy you got off the wire. Obviously wouldn't drop OPJ for him but how can you call a potential 1-1-1 trash? 

I agree and that’s a good question. Must be referring to a shallow league. I guess? Idk

53 minutes ago, Hyperize said:

It's ignorance.  Advising people OPJ can be dropped (without referencing league size or settings for context), or writing off contributors that are posting middle round value is pretty bad.  There's a few posters on this forum I've had to add to the ignore list based on a track record of s--- posts and bad takes.  It grows longer every season. 

If we take a look at the last 20 games OPJ played for CHI towards the end of last season, with a similar cast of teamates, he put up top-50 overall value in 9-cat.  I'm not saying he is going to be a top-50 player ROS but that kind of potential is not something I'd be dropping for a FOTM WW pickup at this stage. 

• Like 1

Per game vs total value according to BBM standard H2H 9 cat:

2019/20:  143 and 161

2018/19: 39 and 101

2017/18:  20 and 15

2016/17: 22 and 14

Otto will have to step up big time to produce top 50 value for the season. Considering  who is the coach and the organization I don't see it happening this year. 

That is why I traded Otto for "unrosterable" PJ Washington 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Per game vs total value according to BBM standard H2H 9 cat:

2019/20:  143 and 161

2018/19: 39 and 101

2017/18:  20 and 15

2016/17: 22 and 14

Otto will have to step up big time to produce top 50 value for the season. Considering  who is the coach and the organization I don't see it happening this year. 

That is why I traded Otto for "unrosterable" PJ Washington 😁

There’s a difference between averaging enough to be top 50 at the end of the year vs. averaging top 50 once he returns.

I think most owners at this point has no choice (and would be very happy) to settle on the latter. If this means he ends up averaging top 73 or whatever then it’s still fine.

how many month is he going to be out?

Coach Jim Boylen said Otto Porter (foot) will have a "slow, meticulous" process to recover from his injury.

This isn't a surprise at all after the Bulls said they were going to be cautious with Porter even before he was injured. He has no timetable to return and is expected to miss multiple games going forward. It'll be a team effort with Chandler Hutchison starting while Kris Dunn and Coby White get more minutes, too.